Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
£250m Budget

Scolari Given £250m To Spend This Summer
Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich has reportedly shelled out a staggering £250 million with which new coach Luiz Felipe Scolari will rebuild the squad this summer...

Just how much rebuilding is required of a squad that already has such an incredible value remains debatable, but the boss is sparing no expense in allowing the new coach to mould the team into exactly what he wants.

The Daily Star reports that yesterday's signing of Deco will be the start of a long month or two of transfer dealings at Stamford Bridge, with Deco's ex-Barcelona team-mate Ronaldinho widely expected to be the next big-money signing.

Abramovich was seen at several Euro 2008 games in Austria and Switzerland, perhaps surveying the talent and doing a little scouting.

With Jose Bosingwa already signed prior to the commencement of the tournament, another area in which Chelsea are likely to strengthen is up front - particularly if Didier Drogba leaves - as well as on the wings.

Ricardo Quaresma is being followed closely by former Chelsea coach Jose Mourinho at Internazionale, and they appear favourites to land the Porto star, while Andrei Arshavin has his heart set on Barcelona, who have first refusal on the Russian ace.

The likes of Karim Benzema and Klaas-Jan Huntelaar remain outside possibilities, while Real Madrid's Robinho is being reported as their primary transfer target at the moment, with rumours rife that he will leave the Spanish champions to make way for the supposedly inevitable incoming of Cristiano Ronaldo from Manchester United.

Chet Winter, Goal.com

http://jp.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=759213

Wow, thats alot of money, who do you think they will bring in or let go?

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
who care's....let them buy as much as they want we have the golden team...we are the champions of europe..they're only dreaming...abramovici is dreaming

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I doubt hes giving him £250m tbph. I think its all just speculation.

But anyway, who cares? :p

All thats important is what we do.

·
Registered
550 Posts
If they bought an entire new squad at £250mil each they still wouldn't topple United. Keep trying Chelsea.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
I smell tabloid bullplop :rolleyes:

I don't believe for a second they will spend £250m this summer. That would virtually replace their entire first team.

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
keeping JT frank carvalho drogba and joe is better than buying a new squad
even if they bought the world best players it will be no good
cuz the new player will need time to settle in the EPL also they will have no chemistry in between
so Chel$ki will be loosers more than the loosers they are now

·
Registered
427 Posts
It makes me sick to think Abramovich is willing to spend this amount of money... Clearly money is no object to him.

There are so many charitable things he could do with that money. So selfish.

·
Registered
19 Posts
ooooh had a perfect image that would have gone great with this thread...cant find it now :(

it goes...Theres somthings money cant buy....For everything else theres Man Utd (mastercard adaption)

·
Registered
6 Posts
tabloid bullplop indeed....... Thats crazy money! Abramovich might be willing to shell out loads for a specific player but to say here you go....... 250 million quid with the amount he's already pumped in????????? just doesn't make business sense. And you don't become a multi-billionaire without having business sense. 250 million is just silly money. can't see it happening.

·
Keen on Fella's
8,472 Posts
Brock said:
It makes me sick to think Abramovich is willing to spend this amount of money... Clearly money is no object to him.

There are so many charitable things he could do with that money. So selfish.
abramovich is entitled to spend his money whatever way he wants and who`s to say he doesnt give money to charity.
i think its paper talk then again it sounds like kenyon SPIN.
they can buy who they want but they cant buy history or class.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Don't Believe all you read

This story is taken from goal.com which is about as far removed from factual journalism as....Marca. Any story it prints should carry the clear warning that "what you are about to read is completely made up" Anyone choosing to believe what they "report" is an idiot :mad:

Sorry about that just wanting to get all the resentment off my chest having just encountered the site that is Goal.com. The following article sorry "Editorial" just tipped me over the edge

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=761523

Z

·
0 Posts
NIRed-devil said:
This story is taken from goal.com which is about as far removed from factual journalism as....Marca. Any story it prints should carry the clear warning that "what you are about to read is completely made up" Anyone choosing to believe what they "report" is an idiot :mad:
Indeed, I'd rank it on a par with TribalFootball and Sportingo.

·
Registered
566 Posts
even if they bought all the world's best players, they can only field 11 of them.
cant see them doing any better next season

1 - 20 of 21 Posts