Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
£32mil. Carlos Tevez

Whenever I read something about Tevez I always seem to read £30mil. or £32mil. in the same page, why do people do this when actually there's no official word of any agreement in that region and Tevez is still a player "on loan" at Man Utd?

Z

·
0 Posts
PeeJay said:
Whenever I read something about Tevez I always seem to read £30mil. or £32mil. in the same page, why do people do this when actually there's no official word of any agreement in that region and Tevez is still a player "on loan" at Man Utd?
You're correct, Tevez is on loan. But, there IS an agreement in place to make the deal permanent. The price will take into account the 10 million we've supposedly paid for him during the two year loan period and the total cumulative price is rumoured to be around £30-32mil.

Z

·
0 Posts
mcfcpaul said:
no not cos we a big club but we a club with money...we all no you are a more massive club
If Tevez goes to City I'll meet you in the city centre and you can take my picture wearing a City shirt.

He's either staying with us or going to Real Madrid. I believe the former will come true.

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Is it me or does anyone feel there's more of a chance seeing Tevez go to Real this
summer, then Ronaldo?

I don't think Tevez is happy...he's not holding down a regular starting position, which
is a shame...I remember in preseason when we were all talking about how bang on
form he looked, and how he was set for a super season!

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
I'm sorry, but is Tevez actually worth 30 million? He scored some money goals last season, and saved us on more than one occasion, but with the current economy, and considering we have a couple of 'world class' strikers already, I don't think he's worth that sort of cash. As far as I'm concerned, City are welcome to him. Don't get me wrong, I like him, and he's got a good amount of passion and desire, but seriously. There are better strikers for 30 million. Far better. No, we can't sign anyone we like but still. I want him to stay, no doubt, but I don't want to see us break our transfer record for him.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Because I'm DC said:
I'm sorry, but is Tevez actually worth 30 million? He scored some money goals last season, and saved us on more than one occasion, but with the current economy, and considering we have a couple of 'world class' strikers already, I don't think he's worth that sort of cash. As far as I'm concerned, City are welcome to him. Don't get me wrong, I like him, and he's got a good amount of passion and desire, but seriously. There are better strikers for 30 million. Far better. No, we can't sign anyone we like but still. I want him to stay, no doubt, but I don't want to see us break our transfer record for him.

Well, it depends on how high the figure actually is, but if it over 30million it is way too much. I believe the figure includes 6million for his loan (not 10 million) and depending on which news sources, some say the figure of 32million includes his salary, so his actual price tag might not be that high.

However, I don't think Tevez is worth i, because he is not the solution to our problems.
Everybody talks about the vital late goals he scored last season, but if we had a clnical finisher, we might be scoring much earlier in the game and wouldn't have had to rely on those late goals.

Aston Villa was one of those games that needed Berbatov to partner Wayne, but it wasn't to be, They've learned not to attack us and were happy to defend. In that scenario Rooney + Tevez cannot be the solution.

That factor and the current economic slump means that his price tag is to high. Then again the thread stater is right that these numbers are speculation from the media.

·
23,699 Posts
RedForceRising said:
However, I don't think Tevez is worth i, because he is not the solution to our problems. Everybody talks about the vital late goals he scored last season, but if we had a clnical finisher, we might be scoring much earlier in the game and wouldn't have had to rely on those late goals.
He is looking more and more out of sync the harder he tries to impress. There is just no penetration but running round the penalty box in circles. To be fair, I am not too sure if it is us or him this season thus far. Or both.

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
RedForceRising said:
Aston Villa was one of those games that needed Berbatov to partner Wayne, but it wasn't to be, They've learned not to attack us and were happy to defend. In that scenario Rooney + Tevez cannot be the solution.
Last season at Villa park it waz Tevez who made two killer passes and ended up with an MOTM :rolleyes:

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
versa said:
He is looking more and more out of sync the harder he tries to impress. There is just no penetration but running round the penalty box in circles. To be fair, I am not too sure if it is us or him this season thus far. Or both.
Thats a good point, but this is what seriously annoys me.

True, Tevez hasn't been playing well recently. But in the last 2 months he has only completed one 90 mins I believe, which was against QPR in the Carling Cup.

Expecting him to come into the side with little football, not being fully-fit or fully match-fit and work wonders is an joke.

·
Registered
366 Posts
mcfcpaul said:
no not cos we a big club but we a club with money...we all no you are a more massive club
Did you ever hear the saying " he would'nt get a ride in a brothel with a fist full of twentys " . Well thats what its going to be like for City , loads of money but no chance of signing anyone worthwhile . The only players they'll attract are money grabbers and old pro's looking for one last big payday .

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
Seventeen appearances, two goals, and one was a penalty against QPR. I'd bet at least ten of those appearances have been starts. He's dropped off from last year, and he is NOT worth 30 million, especially with the current economy.

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
I cant see this transfer happening anymore I think were heading in another direction maybe a out and out goalscorer . I love teves as we all do but he and rooney offer the same product and berbatov isnt a constant goal fret so I can see a out and out goalscorer coming in the summer .

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
versa said:
-- Very good point. Whatever the case, it doesn't feel like a good fit at the moment.

abojodeh said:
Last season at Villa park it waz Tevez who made two killer passes and ended up with an MOTM :rolleyes:
- Yes, abo. Obviously Tevez has made great contribution to our season last season. I'm not denying it, I'm just saying that most people rate him because of his vital last minute goals. My point is with a more clinical, powerful striker, the goals might be coming sooner in a match.

dublin red said:
Did you ever hear the saying " he would'nt get a ride in a brothel with a fist full of twentys " . Well thats what its going to be like for City , loads of money but no chance of signing anyone worthwhile . The only players they'll attract are money grabbers and old pro's looking for one last big payday .
:D - the funniest post I've read today.

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,077 Posts
mcfcpaul said:
it is believed that he comin to us boys in january for 25 million watch this space
Shut it blue mooney,go and cry in your eastlands council house at what will never be.........thats YOU LOT A BIG CLUB...........:p

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.