Manchester United Talk banner

£60m City Bid For John Terry

2K views 22 replies 15 participants last post by  red lady 
#1 ·
£60m City Bid For John Terry

Arab owners ready to bankroll mega bid for Chelsea skipper

MANCHESTER CITY are ready to launch an incredible £60million bid for John Terry.

City's billionaire Arab owners plan to test Chelsea's resolve after identifying the England captain as their No 1 target.

Ideally City would love to land Terry in the January transfer window but recognise there is more chance of the deal happening at the end of the season.

I understand Terry emerged as the man around whom City want to build a title-challenging side after talks between manager Mark Hughes, chief executive Gary Cook and Sheikh Mansour, who heads the investment company which owns the club.

Hughes was asked to identify the leading player in the world in every position and was told by Sheikh Mansour the club would do everything possible to bring them to Eastlands.

Although Terry is seen as the cornerstone of Chelsea's recent success, City's Abu Dhabi owners firmly believe every player has his price.

They would happily sanction a £200,000 a week deal for Terry, making him the highest paid player in the world.

And at a time when the credit crunch has hit his multi-billion pound empire, even Roman Abramovich would be forced to contemplate the massive £60m fee.

Hughes explained to Sheikh Mansour that while the likes of AC Milan playmaker Kaka might bring the glamour the Arabs crave, he wants to build a side strong in class and experience . . . with Terry a vital part of that.

It is believed City have already put the wheels in motion on both deals with third parties sounding out representatives of the players.

Impact
Despite Terry's status as ‘Mr Chelsea' he may have his head turned by the £10m a year salary package.

While Terry has a major sense of loyalty to Chelsea, he wasn't best pleased at how long it took him to secure a new £140,000 a week contract at the Bridge, only for Frank Lampard to successfully hold out for a better deal. Chelsea sources have talked openly about their distrust of City following the bidding war which saw them miss out on Robinho during the last transfer window.

One factor in City's favour, however, is the increasing uncertainty of the true impact of the global financial crisis on Abramovich.

The Russian's personal wealth was estimated to be around £11billon last year but it is believed some of his companies have suffered huge losses in recent months.

Pressure

And the word around the club is that chief executive Peter Kenyon has been told lavish spending in the transfer market is now a thing of the past.

City's owners, on the other hand, are in a different financial league with Sheikh Mansour reputed to be worth over £50bn.

The next step of their plan to become the ‘New Chelsea' is put the financial pressure on the West London club and see if Abramovich would be tempted by a £60m fee.

City's statement of intent will be confirmed in January when they finalise a £50m deal for Juventus keeper Gigi Buffon.

Sections of the Italian media were reporting yesterday that Buffon's wife has already visited Manchester to check out possible accomodation.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/82168/pound60M-CITY-BID-FOR-JOHN-TERRY-Arab-owners-ready-to-bankroll-mega-bid-for-Chelsea-skipper.html

See less See more
#3 ·
60million pounds for John Terry?

If they offer 100million for Ronaldo we should thank them and grab the cash.

I'm really serious. I can't stand the buy and wouldn't give a damn if he played in Man City colours. We could use the money during the recession and buy some snsible, gifted players, who play for the team - not their own glory.

Back to Terry, I doubt he'd leave Chlesea, but would be laughing my ass off if he did.
Don't think chelski would say no to that kind of money.

G
#6 ·
I hope they sign him and then maybe we'll see how crap he is without Carvalho to cover up his
flaws. A central defence of Terry and Dunne will struggle massively against teams with pace.

60 million is a joke amount though, he's not even the best defender at his wn club. Good job
this is only from the News of the World or I might have taken the story seriously :rolleyes:

#8 ·
Its typical City. Sure didnt they put bids in for Kaka, Eto'o and co. during the last
few days of the summer trasfer window. They can afford Terry but he will never
move there. He is Mr.Chelsea as they say lol, so he wont be going anywhere.
City need to go for realistic targets.

#9 ·
Jazz 16 said:
Its typical City. Sure didnt they put bids in for Kaka, Eto'o and co. during the last
few days of the summer trasfer window. They can afford Terry but he will never
move there. He is Mr.Chelsea as they say lol, so he wont be going anywhere.
City need to go for realistic targets.
Chelsea seem to have some financial problems and Abramovic would welcome a 60m with an open hands

its all up to JT himself

though i would love to see him falling on his but for the blue moons :p

#13 ·
This is beyond a joke. Yesterday they're linked with a £50-60 Million bid for Buffon, now 60 Million for Terry, 100 Million for Ronaldo, 40-50 Million for Torres. Even though they're not a team i support, it really annoys me when i read such crap in the sports pages.

#15 ·
spellbound said:
Arab owners ready to bankroll mega bid for Chelsea skipper

MANCHESTER CITY are ready to launch an incredible £60million bid for John Terry.

City's billionaire Arab owners plan to test Chelsea's resolve after identifying the England captain as their No 1 target.

Ideally City would love to land Terry in the January transfer window but recognise there is more chance of the deal happening at the end of the season.

I understand Terry emerged as the man around whom City want to build a title-challenging side after talks between manager Mark Hughes, chief executive Gary Cook and Sheikh Mansour, who heads the investment company which owns the club.

Hughes was asked to identify the leading player in the world in every position and was told by Sheikh Mansour the club would do everything possible to bring them to Eastlands.

Although Terry is seen as the cornerstone of Chelsea's recent success, City's Abu Dhabi owners firmly believe every player has his price.

They would happily sanction a £200,000 a week deal for Terry, making him the highest paid player in the world.

And at a time when the credit crunch has hit his multi-billion pound empire, even Roman Abramovich would be forced to contemplate the massive £60m fee.

Hughes explained to Sheikh Mansour that while the likes of AC Milan playmaker Kaka might bring the glamour the Arabs crave, he wants to build a side strong in class and experience . . . with Terry a vital part of that.

It is believed City have already put the wheels in motion on both deals with third parties sounding out representatives of the players.

Impact
Despite Terry's status as ‘Mr Chelsea' he may have his head turned by the £10m a year salary package.

While Terry has a major sense of loyalty to Chelsea, he wasn't best pleased at how long it took him to secure a new £140,000 a week contract at the Bridge, only for Frank Lampard to successfully hold out for a better deal. Chelsea sources have talked openly about their distrust of City following the bidding war which saw them miss out on Robinho during the last transfer window.

One factor in City's favour, however, is the increasing uncertainty of the true impact of the global financial crisis on Abramovich.

The Russian's personal wealth was estimated to be around £11billon last year but it is believed some of his companies have suffered huge losses in recent months.

Pressure

And the word around the club is that chief executive Peter Kenyon has been told lavish spending in the transfer market is now a thing of the past.

City's owners, on the other hand, are in a different financial league with Sheikh Mansour reputed to be worth over £50bn.

The next step of their plan to become the ‘New Chelsea' is put the financial pressure on the West London club and see if Abramovich would be tempted by a £60m fee.

City's statement of intent will be confirmed in January when they finalise a £50m deal for Juventus keeper Gigi Buffon.

Sections of the Italian media were reporting yesterday that Buffon's wife has already visited Manchester to check out possible accomodation.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/82168/pound60M-CITY-BID-FOR-JOHN-TERRY-Arab-owners-ready-to-bankroll-mega-bid-for-Chelsea-skipper.html
thats funny....:D

I think its joke or city are stupid....:cool:

#18 ·
Keano! said:
I heard, on MOTD :D...that Citeh were preparing a whopper bid for Buffon..:confused:
Ranieri and the club board in Juve have said there's no chance in the world they will sell Buffon.
Buffon have before show Juve loyalty by staying in Juve when they were relegated to Serie B after Calciopoli so I doubt he will move to Al Ciddeh now.

#21 ·
terry is to chelsea what gary nev is to us . it is more than just his ability as a player its his ability to make the team gel and promote team spirit . in the same way gary could never feel the same about any club other than ours terry is the same with chelsea i think .

i rate his importance to chelsea higher than just his skill as a player which despite some views is indeed high .

john terry is a star in my eyes and always will be .

cracking penalty that will live with me forever whooooops bwa ha ha ha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.