Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. In my local Boozer we do a football game every season. This is how it works:

You write out the Prem league table 1- 20 BEFORE the first fixtures take place, in the order that you think the final league table will be in may after 38 games. You receive one point for every position that you are wrong per team. ie if you have UTD in 1st position and they win the league, you get no points for that postion.However If you have UTD to finish 1st and they actually finish 4th, you get 3 points because they are 3 places off where you had them to finish. Make sense? it's pretty self explanatory.

So, at the end of the season The person with the least points wins. Also you pick the Fa Cup winners, the champ league winners and the league cup winners, and you get 5 points deducted for any that you get right. In the case of a tie break, the person with the most number of teams in the exact spot on position takes the win.

This is what I had for mine last season
1.Man Utd
2.Chelsea
3.Liverpool
4.Arsenal
5.Spurs
6.Everton
7.West Ham
8.Villa
9.Portsmouth
10.Blackburn
11.Newcastle
12.Bolton
13.Boro
14.Man City
15.Charlton
16.Reading
17.Fulham

18.Wigan
19.Sheff Utd
20.Watford

I won on a tie break as I had 10 teams in the right postion compared to the other guys 6.

My Cup teams were: FA cup: Utd. Champ League: Chelsea. League Cup:Arsenal.
So I ended up with 34 points, which actually won me £156 for finishing first, and thats the lowest score we've had in 4 years of doing it, to give you some idea of the scores people get, the lowest score was 98 points!! ( some of the guys that do it are getting old!! lol) It's always a good laugh going into the pub every monday to see the new table of scores up on the wall and ripping the p*ss out of those not doing well ( of which my old man is one haha!)

It's a good chance to see who really knows their stuff about the beautiful game and who'll have the bragging rights on here!!!!
So if anybody wants to submit an entry ( for fun, no money) I'll keep all the entries and scores up to date and post them on here regularly through the season.

Remember you have to have the complete League table, and your 3 cup teams and NO LATER than MIDDAY SAT 11th AUGUST!

PM me on here or email to me on [email protected]
Don't forget to tell me who you are!!!

Cheers

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
with regards to my post in the ' who will finish 6th' thread, anyone who wants to enter then let me know or post on this thread, I understand people are probably waiting till the last minute to see who gets signed etc. I know I am...:D :D :D

·
Registered
89 Posts
1 Man Utd
2 Chelsea
3 Liverpool
4 Arsenal
5 Tottenham
6 Newcastle
7 Blackburn
8 Everton
9 Sunderland
10 West Ham
11 Man City
12 Bolton
13 Reading
14 Portsmouth
15 A Villa
16 Fulham
17 Middlesbrough
18 Birmingham
19 Wigan
20 Derby

FA Cup - Chelsea
Carling Cup - Tottenham
Champs League - Man Utd

Man that would torment you, you could play with your selections for months. Have no doubts now though... :p

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
rubberdecky83 said:
1 Man Utd
2 Chelsea
3 Liverpool
4 Arsenal
5 Tottenham
6 Newcastle
7 Blackburn
8 Everton
9 Sunderland
10 West Ham
11 Man City
12 Bolton
13 Reading
14 Portsmouth
15 A Villa
16 Fulham
17 Middlesbrough
18 Birmingham
19 Wigan
20 Derby

FA Cup - Chelsea
Carling Cup - Tottenham
Champs League - Man Utd

Man that would torment you, you could play with your selections for months. Have no doubts now though... :p
haha yeah I know what u mean!
Nice one though, looks pretty good IMO, I've got you saved and on the list. Good luck mate.

·
has been served
2,947 Posts
1.Man Utd
2.Chelski
3.Liverpool
4.Tottenham
5.Arsenal
6.Blackburn
7.Everton
8.Villa
9.City