Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can Messi eclipse Ronaldo's goal tally of 42 from last season? and can he help Barcelona to the league and champions league double or possibly more? so far he has racked up more assists already

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Messi is having a wonderful season for now, and i'm sure he'll be the nr 1 candidate for the personal european and world prizes. He has helped Barcelona win even when they weren't at full capacity. The engine of Barcelona is Messi. If he keeps up like this..i;m not sure if he's gonna beat Ronaldo's goal nr but I'm sure everyone will be comparing at the end of the season...07-08 of Ronaldo..and ..08-09 of Messi.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Messi 09 will be better than Ronaldo 08. I have written the reasons why in the
'World's best player' thread. The kid is just unreal. He might not get 42 goals,
but he will come very close and his influence will be stronger. Just gotta wait and see, but thats my hunch.

·
Registered
734 Posts
it will be pretty close as im sure Barca will have a good run in the CL aswell so more matches to get goals, but hasnt Samuel i cant believe its not butter Eto'o got more than Messi so he might be the one to watch out for

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
Peformance wise there is no comparison.

Last year Ronaldo was invisable for most of the game, but come the 90th minute he'd have 2 goals to his name.

Messi, aswell as banging goals in for for fun, has absolutely killed just about every team he's faced.

If you could merge Ronaldo 06/07 (where he was destroying teams) with Ronaldo 07/08 (where he was scoring for fun) then you'd end up with Messi 09/10, providing Messi keeps it up ofcourse.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
watching messsi shows why he will be better than maradona. this man takes on players and beats them with ease. ronaldo in 08 was simply amazing and some player to do what ronaldo did will be very hard.. but messi will do it but dont think is a better player than ronaldo 08

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Barca have basically already won La Ligas and I reckon they should win the Cgmapions League as well, Mess is integral to their team and if they keep him fit they should win both trophies. I very much doubt he'll score 42 goals but he'll still have a cracking season.

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
if Ali Daie played in the la liga he would have scored more than messi would ever

we can't compare two players from two different leagues
let ronaldo go to spain or bring the flea to england then we would see Titus Bramble Giving Messi an Anal Intercourse

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think the difference is with ronaldo you knew you were watching a player who was having a truly spectacular season. With messi u know u are watching a player who is about to be one of the true greats.

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
For Messi to become the best player in the world
he's gonna have to win the Champions' League.

Otherwise, Ronaldo will always be seen as better.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
If barca win the CL this year and messi stays free of injuries and on form, he will defo be the next world player of the yr. Touch and go if he will get 42 goals tho, wouldnt put it past him. barca are coring for fun this yr. henrys return to form this yr has certainly benefited messi greatly as opposition defences have so many players to worry about. great move by barca to bring him and family to spain at 13

1 - 14 of 14 Posts