Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
You have a point.

I just want to add that it is not fergie's instructions, because he was lamenting that too after the game.

The problem seems to be psychological, but where it originates from sure beats me.

The three games you name are all away games, but we saw some inability to kill off games last season too.

Even last night at 2-0 up we didn't kill off the game. Not for want of trying, but the younger players were getting fancy and doing unnecessary flicks and first time passes instead of keeping it simple.

Fergie's got to address this, because it's costing us points.

Got to say that I'm a bit disappointed with Giggsy during the Everton match in that he doesn't seem to be able to vocally inspire his team mates.

Could it be that this is related to another thread about onfield leadership. A player o kick some butt and rouse the troops. It's easy to say they are professional footballers and they should know better, but everybody needs some inspirations sometime.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
burnzy1987 said:
desmondo your right, but at the same time things that look glaringly obvious to too us may not to SAF.we should be 4 points better off (wins at goodison and the bridge)
Also agree with RD, i believe that SAF wanted to shut up shop at Anfield and at the bridge BUT not so much at goodison.

Lessons have been learned already i think.I would be very surprised if the same issues arise.I think we need to start scoring a little more freely as we did last season and then we can take the lead, sit back and pick teams off....but not just yet.

we also need to keep an eye on the goal difference as that could be important at the end of the season.
I'm not sure, if those second half performances can be attributed to SAF. He himself lamented the performances, so it would be quite hypocritical if he was the one encouraging to shut up shot. Hypocritical, but not impossible.

Thing at Anfield was that Scholes was off form and Carrick went of at half-time.

Fergie was short on players that day with Park, Hargo and Nani unavailable, so he kept Anderson on the left instead of moving him infield otherwise it might have been a different story.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
I was just going to make the same point that 4-1 isn't enough.

I've gone on long enough in the match-day thread. I was so incensed by the rubbish decision-making from the forwards and unwillingness to pass at times.

Very dis-united.

Vidic giving away a free kick and Rio a penalty was just the icing on the cake really.

I hope Fergie tears in to them.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
Im not sure this is the right thread to bring this up but since everyone else is,
Ill fire ahead. Goal difference is NOT that important imo. I think the league has
only come down to GD only a handful of times. Obviously its nice to have the
extra cushion of the 'point' but its rarely needed if we are being honest.
Just cos we havent scored more goals than Chelsea doesnt mean we arent
going well. Too many people seemed p1ssed off with yesterday's result. We won ffs.
GD rant over.
Er... I'm just going to echo what moondog said.

We were less than 20 minutes away from needing the better goal difference to clinch the league.

it's important and it also builds a team's confidence.

Last season we scored the most and conceded the least, but this season our defence has been porous on occasion.

The steely determination and confidence from the back 5 is not what it was last season.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts