Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would you settle for that or would you rather risk it in the hope you would see some more 'exciting' scorelines come our way.

Seems some of our so called "fans" aint happy with just a simple win but want us to demolish sides leaving a trail of destruction in its path.

Basically, is the manner of how we win important at this stage of the season of is it just a case of "getting the job done"

Z

·
0 Posts
Why are you twisting people's words and questioning their 'fan' status? Is it wrong for us to wish our team would be more clinical in front of goal and score more of the chances that we create? Is it wrong for us to speculate on the reasons WHY we've not been as clinical as in recent seasons?

Stick your top red crap up your arse Ant, cos that's where this thread has come from.

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What do you mean, "fans" ? :rolleyes:
i mean our "fans" who support the team or the "fans" who support the success of the team. Some "fans" look at the bigger picture and the end goal while other "fans" are in love with the idea that they just destroy teams put in front of them.

Love it to happen week in , week out but when we win and it dont happen, I aint gonna be overly fussed

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why are you twisting people's words and questioning their 'fan' status? Is it wrong for us to wish our team would be more clinical in front of goal and score more of the chances that we create? Is it wrong for us to speculate on the reasons WHY we've not been as clinical as in recent seasons?

Stick your top red crap up your arse Ant, cos that's where this thread has come from.
oops, did i touch a nerve there. LOL!!!!!!!!

Just me generalising. People know if their a true fan or not. Not for me to question.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Would you settle for that or would you rather risk it in the hope you would see some more 'exciting' scorelines come our way.

Seems some of our so called "fans" aint happy with just a simple win but want us to demolish sides leaving a trail of destruction in its path.

Basically, is the manner of how we win important at this stage of the season of is it just a case of "getting the job done"
What are you trying to imply?!

Everyone agreed that they were happy to win all our remaining games 1-0..!
The point zuco was making was that it's a worry that we haven't scored that 2nd goal that is huge in terms of winning games in the league.. Another point was that we haven't scored many goals this season compared to the previous ones full stop..!

It's not about being greedy or spoilt, it's about us fans expecting the team to perform better at times as it's what we are used to seeing United teams do..!

Z

·
0 Posts
i mean our "fans" who support the team or the "fans" who support the success of the team. Some "fans" look at the bigger picture and the end goal while other "fans" are in love with the idea that they just destroy teams put in front of them.

Love it to happen week in , week out but when we win and it dont happen, I aint gonna be overly fussed
Fantastic. The forum is now useless becauses Ant has declared all team discussion useless. Just watch the team and be happy with what you get. No need to talk about any aspect of our team or discuss possible flaws. Just look at the bigger picture.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Did you not read the other thread? People aren't upset with the 1-0 results. We're winning, and I'm sure that the supporters appreciate it. However, some of us are worried that our lack of ambition - or killer instinct - will come back to bite us. Say we're up 1-0, and we settle for one, we don't go for an insurance goal, and we end up drawing the game. Then what? If we continue thinking that we can score one and the game's over, it WILL come back and it'll hurt.

Think of it like this: Say we accept the 1-0 results now, and the team only scored one goal per game. Think of the pressure on our defense to not make a single mistake. Say over two games, they make a mistake, which isn't unheard of, and they end 1-1 both times. Now compare that to if we go for the jugular. Go out there with the intention of winning by 3 every game. Say that one game it backfires, and we lose, but we win the other game. We'd still be better off, losing 3 points with a loss, than with the two draws, losing 4 points.

If we were to win 1-0 for the rest of the season, I'd take it. The PL is coming to a head, and everybody is fighting, that's understandable. But the underlying problem of not scoring more than 1 goal is rooted deeper than that.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
:confused: i thought the other thread was just discussing why we havent been more ruthless and finished games off. Not complaining we havent demolished everyone in front of us.

Z

·
0 Posts
oops, did i touch a nerve there. LOL!!!!!!!!

Just me generalising. People know if their a true fan or not. Not for me to question.
No nerves touched, just the usual crap from you Ant. You think you're the best fan in the world but generally talk rubbish. All the top red bollocks gets boring and it's not welcome on here. you took a perfectly reasonable thread and tried to turn it into an "I'm a better fan than you" thread and not for the first time.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I don't think its possible for a team to go out and hammer teams week in week out for the whole season, and the fact that we've been in all competitions all season makes it even more difficult for our players, lets face it some teams have played less games and haven't been to Japan and back, would these people even be talking about this if the Dippers hadn't had the freak couple of months they've had, remember they were out of the Carling Cup and FA Cup sooner than us. I personally think we've improved game by game over the last three and we did score two against Pompey and by all accounts were creating, THE GOALS WILL COME SOONER OR LATER, and its the 3 rd clean sheet in a row , good signs IMO

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts

This thread ain't about the fans status, so take that out of the thread. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, and whatever the opinion, there's no reason to question their love for the team.
Secondly - the outcome is the same, true. But again, when we know we're gifted with some of the finest players, we should feel and question why is the team not doing more of these chances. Here we are not talking about destroying teams, because we're not playing alone there. But when you're creating chances and then miss target them, you do feel you should have done better because in those cases its not a matter of good defending/saves.

·
Keen on Fella's
8,472 Posts
a win is a win at this stage of the season , no matter how we do it.
i do however think we need to be more clinical in front of goal and really finish teams off , we had so many chances and near misses at pompey we could have won 4 or 5-0.
i love to see us maul opposing teams its a hell of a lot more exciting and brings a bit more cheer and optimism , however we cant expect rampaging performances on a weekly basis and we must suffer the ups and downs .
like i said a win is a win.
lately it seems win lose or draw there is an inquest and every minor detail of a game is scrutinised , at times the negativity is mind numbing.

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Fantastic. The forum is now useless becauses Ant has declared all team discussion useless. Just watch the team and be happy with what you get. No need to talk about any aspect of our team or discuss possible flaws. Just look at the bigger picture.
when we win 1-0 and have only 2-3 chances in a game, then i will worry and join in the discussion. But were not. Chances were coming thick and fast tonight, it was great to watch and Portsmouth were lucky to be only 1 goal down.

All team discussion useless??? Bit too far dont you think. Even for you. LOL!!!!

Z

·
0 Posts
when we win 1-0 and have only 2-3 chances in a game, then i will worry and join in the discussion. But were not. Chances were coming thick and fast tonight, it was great to watch and Portsmouth were lucky to be only 1 goal down.

All team discussion useless??? Bit too far dont you think. Even for you. LOL!!!!
If we only score 1 goal and that game coincides with one of our recent defensive nightmares we could lose it, like our profligacy in front of goal could easily have cost us tonight. What part of that are you failing to see?

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If we only score 1 goal and that game coincides with one of our recent defensive nightmares we could lose it, like our profligacy in front of goal could easily have cost us tonight. What part of that are you failing to see?
but were talking after the event, when we HAVE won 2-0 and questions are asked about us not being more convincing. Brings us back to where this all started. Three points are three points.

This time of the season, teams are playing for survival, uefa places, titles, champions league spots and every game is gonna be like a cup final. Portsmouth are fighting relegation, spurs on saturday are after a uefa place, Arsenal are after securing 4th spot, City want to be in Europe and so on.

Last three run-ins have been tetchy affairs with results coming in over performance. If you were offered league title at the start of season but not told in the manner you would win it, would you take it?????

Z

·
0 Posts
but were talking after the event, when we HAVE won 2-0 and questions are asked about us not being more convincing. Brings us back to where this all started. Three points are three points.

This time of the season, teams are playing for survival, uefa places, titles, champions league spots and every game is gonna be like a cup final. Portsmouth are fighting relegation, spurs on saturday are after a uefa place, Arsenal are after securing 4th spot, City want to be in Europe and so on.

Last three run-ins have been tetchy affairs with results coming in over performance. If you were offered league title at the start of season but not told in the manner you would win it, would you take it?????
I said I was happy that we're winning didn't I? Just wondering why we can't be more convincing. That isn't a crime, just what I've been wondering to myself and thought it might promote some debate.

Questioning the reason why we had 21 shots and it took us until the 82nd minute to kill the game off isn't stupid, and certainly not worthy of someone like you trying to question my status as a fan or anyone else's for that matter.

·
A curry and a crate of wifebeater please!!
25,242 Posts
This topic is pointless, I'm going to make a cup of tea hoping that we have something better to talk about by the time I get back

S

·
0 Posts
I thought i was drunk and seeing double. :confused:

This topic is pointless, I'm going to make a cup of tea hoping that we have something better to talk about by the time I get back
No sugar in mine mate. :thumbsup:

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I said I was happy that we're winning didn't I? Just wondering why we can't be more convincing. That isn't a crime, just what I've been wondering to myself and thought it might promote some debate.

Questioning the reason why we had 21 shots and it took us until the 82nd minute to kill the game off isn't stupid, and certainly not worthy of someone like you trying to question my status as a fan or anyone else's for that matter.
never questioned your status as a fan and you offend me to suggest otherwise. It seems fans want pretty football and not practical football. Maybe a 4-4 against spurs may please you lol

1 - 20 of 42 Posts