Manchester United Talk banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts
G

·
never questioned your status as a fan and you offend me to suggest otherwise. It seems fans want pretty football and not practical football. Maybe a 4-4 against spurs may please you lol
Don't act innocent now Ant, you know exactly what you did. By putting "fans" in quotation marks you're suggesting anyone who is questioning our lack of goals is less of a fan. No use trying to weasel out of it now.

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Don't act innocent now Ant, you know exactly what you did. By putting "fans" in quotation marks you're suggesting anyone who is questioning our lack of goals is less of a fan. No use trying to weasel out of it now.
zuco you seriously bore me at times. If we all dont reply to your posts with "what a great thread" you seem to go all defensive and argue that we are being bad for the process of discussion. It was a pretty lame question to ask considering we won 2-0 and did playing at times what was attractive football.

Ok, we had chances to kill it off and we didnt but thats what makes football so appealing. Arsenal night before had four chances and scored four, does that make their strike force better than ours???

Just wish you wouldnt take your threads so damn personal. An attack on a thread aint an attack on you. If there is better debates being raised, accept it and move on.

G

·
zuco you seriously bore me at times. If we all dont reply to your posts with "what a great thread" you seem to go all defensive and argue that we are being bad for the process of discussion. It was a pretty lame question to ask considering we won 2-0 and did playing at times what was attractive football.

Ok, we had chances to kill it off and we didnt but thats what makes football so appealing. Arsenal night before had four chances and scored four, does that make their strike force better than ours???

Just wish you wouldnt take your threads so damn personal. An attack on a thread aint an attack on you. If there is better debates being raised, accept it and move on.
What has me taking something personally got to do with anything? You were trying to say I was ungrateful as a 'fan' because I wasn't happy with 1-0 wins. When in actual fact Fergie echoed my comments today. I posted the quotes in the thread but you've conveniently not replied to it yet.

If you disagreed with my comments that's fair enough, but don't start questioning people's status as 'fans' because it's uncalled for.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts

agreed 100%, didnt arsenal win alot with just 1-0 goining back 10 to 15 years ago...

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
What has me taking something personally got to do with anything? You were trying to say I was ungrateful as a 'fan' because I wasn't happy with 1-0 wins. When in actual fact Fergie echoed my comments today. I posted the quotes in the thread but you've conveniently not replied to it yet.

If you disagreed with my comments that's fair enough, but don't start questioning people's status as 'fans' because it's uncalled for.
what is uncalled for is fans, genuine or glory hunters, criticising a 2-0 win that was majority one-sided. We have played about 11 games more than Liverpool this season. We are looking tired and ready for the end and yet "just winning" aint enough. This season has been one of the best ever for United in the terms of being able to go to Japan and come home World Club Champions, to remain in the FA Cup and get to the semi's, to win the Carling Cup (that i think some people have already forgot), to still be in the Champions League with an excellent chance of becoming the first side to retain it, to see Liverpool with a 8 point lead and to crush it to nothing and to be the side to go longest in the Premier League without conceding a goal.

But yeah, winning a game by half-time comes above all those.

G

·
what is uncalled for is fans, genuine or glory hunters, criticising a 2-0 win that was majority one-sided. We have played about 11 games more than Liverpool this season. We are looking tired and ready for the end and yet "just winning" aint enough. This season has been one of the best ever for United in the terms of being able to go to Japan and come home World Club Champions, to remain in the FA Cup and get to the semi's, to win the Carling Cup (that i think some people have already forgot), to still be in the Champions League with an excellent chance of becoming the first side to retain it, to see Liverpool with a 8 point lead and to crush it to nothing and to be the side to go longest in the Premier League without conceding a goal.

But yeah, winning a game by half-time comes above all those.
Who criticized it? Why do you always come into my threads and read what isn't there? Seriously, go back and read the first post again because I get the feeling you haven't done it yet. I'm over the moon that we're back to winning ways. but in a game like that where the game is poised at 1-0 and we keep throwing away really good goalscoring opportunities it can easily bite us in the arse. All it takes is a well taken set piece and it's 1-1 and the complexion of the game suddenly changes. If we'd have been more clinical in the first half the nerves would have been settled and players like Giggs and Scholes could have had a rest.

But no, let's ignore all that because you're a top red who can never question the team.

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Who criticized it? Why do you always come into my threads and read what isn't there? Seriously, go back and read the first post again because I get the feeling you haven't done it yet. I'm over the moon that we're back to winning ways. but in a game like that where the game is poised at 1-0 and we keep throwing away really good goalscoring opportunities it can easily bite us in the arse. All it takes is a well taken set piece and it's 1-1 and the complexion of the game suddenly changes. If we'd have been more clinical in the first half the nerves would have been settled and players like Giggs and Scholes could have had a rest.

But no, let's ignore all that because you're a top red who can never question the team.
hey mr ego calm down, i dont go into your threads looking at how i can criticise them. We are all United fans and when you have a go at one with the reason

The post was useless and was rightly shot down.
then you deserve all you get. No post is useless, not even your pointless one of us not being more clinical in front of goal

·
Registered
109 Posts
I think the very fact that there are threads like this adds weight to the argument that Berbatov hasn't really done it this season and Tevez has had enough opportunities to make it happen but hasn't taken them or can't take them, i think Berbatov will be better next season and judgement should really be reserved until then but unfortunately i think it might be time to cut our losses with the wee man and get an out and out goalscorer( easier said than done mind you)

21 - 40 of 42 Posts