Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 20 of 99 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

As Bob the Builder said (years before the JCL glory hunter Obama).....

YES WE CAN !!!!

3pm, Saturday 16th May 2009.

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2008/09.

BELIEVE !!!!

·
Bra-burning feminist
3,918 Posts
I'm very confident.

7 points from 4 games? We should get that done.

Citeh is a derby and by no means easy, but we should have enough quality to beat them, Arsenal isn't particularly easy either, but we've shown what we can do to them :)D), and Wigan and Hull - well, we should be able to beat them as well. Not there yet, but I'm confident definitely.

We can afford to still draw and lose one of our remaining games and as long as we win the other two we'll still win the league. Which isn't bad (although we should be looking for 4 wins of course).

Liverpool can talk about putting us under pressure all they want but the fact is this league is 100% in our own hands and up to us - I think we're professional and experienced to deal with this run in and see it to a successful end. Last season was closer - and really squeaky bum time - but we still managed it. Most of the players in this team know how to cope with close title run-ins.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
A win today, a win against Wigan and at least a draw against the Arse, I don't see why we can't do it.

Man City is the toughest test, but the players will want to make up for last season's disappointing performances.

Today's game will be a tight affair, but on current form I think we can do it.

I believe we can do it.

·
Registered
312 Posts
We really should be able to do this. My only concern is that United always do it the hard way. It seems almost too easy for us. I also hope that we don't have to contend with any dodgy refereeing etc.

Anyway, I BELIEVE!

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
just use the same line-up against arsenal for the arsenal game....and rotate the team in this upcoming manchester derby....
Why rotate today? We should play our strongest available team. The players have had 4 days since last game and should be fresh enough. We have to beat Citeh today, not only for the importance in winning the league but we need revenge for last season!

COME ON YOU REDS :first:

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Well we should get the 3 points against Citteh now.

We will have some fresh faces to come in on Wednesday against Wigan, so i'm confident of a win there too.

Then it's to the Arsenal game where any result will do, but I reckon we will get the 3 points there awell.

If all goes to plan we will have the League Title wrapped up before Liverpool kick a ball again.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.