Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this a new club record for us?

If so, fair play to the boys at the back, injuries and all, which makes it even better.
I think with our next few fixtures that we can even extend this great feat. Whats your thoughts on Vidic and our boys?

They have earned us just as many points as Rooney and Berba IMO, and how will Fergie tell Johnny Evans to sit on the bench when Rio returns?

Thats our defence^^^^ 10 clean sheets:) and still counting!!! Our defence has become a wall, and a very importent part of our success.

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
I would have to say other than Chelsea we have had a decent run of fixture's of late and the defence has been amazing.

Not only Vidic but also Evans who if he improves from what he is now must have a chance of being the worlds best defender by the time he is 26.

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeahs it's going to be though on Evans to leave him out when Rio returns, he has been huge at the back.
I think when Rio and Evra come back, it's safe to say we have the best defence in the world, by a country mile!!!

·
Arse Bandito
1,527 Posts
it's an absolutely marvellous achievement. and when you don't score too many, a tight defence is vital.
evans and vidic have had 4 or 5 consecutively fantastic performances each, and it will be hard to take him out of the side.
evans has played at full back for northern ireland and i believe he did well, so maybe he can also provide cover for us in those positions. it really would be a shame for him to go back onto the bench after such great performances.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
RedAdam said:
it's an absolutely marvellous achievement. and when you don't score too many, a tight defence is vital.
evans and vidic have had 4 or 5 consecutively fantastic performances each, and it will be hard to take him out of the side.
evans has played at full back for northern ireland and i believe he did well, so maybe he can also provide cover for us in those positions. it really would be a shame for him to go back onto the bench after such great performances.
I think Evan's form will give Rio the chance to recover completely. No more rushing back the wlking wounded from injury. I think that is a great luxury that Evans has given us. I just hope and pray he doesn't become complacent.

I cannot just reserve praise for the CBs though. VDS has recovered from early eason shakes and has been solid as has been O'Shea.

Doesn't ffer much in attack, but he does his job well and does join in upfront. As we saw today, he constantly gave Ronaldo an outlet.

10 consecutive clean sheets is awonderful, wonderful achievement and Vidic was the lieutenant on the field.

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
this is kind of form that titles are won on. considering we have been without rio and pat it is an even greater achievement and a testament to the squad fergie has built up here. Current injuries a few seasons ago would have finished us off but we replace quality for quality.

Beaten Chelsea record lets now make 11 and stamp the united mark all over this season.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
Its really phenomenal that they haven't conceded a goal since the Arsenal game. That's outrageous, they should all be proud of what they've done, and credit has to go to Fergie too because people used to say Quieroz was the defensive mastermind, really pleasing.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
It's a fantastic achievement.

Defenders don't always get the credit they deserve, but all our defence, Vidic especially, have been fantastic this season and deserve tremendous credit.

Hopefully now we can beat the record.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Great to see the defenders getting the praise they deserve. 1 more game and we
get the record off Chelsea!! Vidic has been our best player this season, a rock.
Rafael and Evans have been revelations. Evra has been a top performer as well, best LB in the world.
Rio has been solid when he has played and Edwin is in resurgent form, just like some of us had predicted ;)
Long may this record continue......Its the defence that will win us 18 :)

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
They are the reason we're on top.

Amazing really considering the games lost to injury/suspension, Neville regaining his form after a year out.

It would be an unbelievable achievement with a set/first team back four, but with several makeshift versions.....absolutely incredible! :D

Credit to all of them and VDS, but Vidic is our MVP, no doubt about it. ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts