Sunderland (a)
Wigan (a)
Spurs (h)
Boro (a)
City (h)
Arsenal (h)
Hull (a)

We are sitting pretty at the top, 5 ahead of Pool, 10 ahead of Chelsea :D
Great set of fixtures as well, a lot easier than our rivals.
I cant even see us losing any of those games either.

We can go 8 points clear if we beat Blackburn on Sat.:)
(Pool play City on Sun, Cmon Citeh :D

Surely title number 18 is coming to Old Trafford?
Does anyone think otherwise?

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
And equaling the Scousers. AT LAST!

-------------Pl--Pts
1 United 25 59
2 Liverpool 25 54
3 A. Villa 25 51
4 Chelsea 25 49
5 Arsenal 25 44

13 games left

Blackburn (h)
Newcastle (a)
Pompey (h)
Liverpool (h)
Fulham (a)
Villa (h)
Sunderland (a)
Wigan (a)
Spurs (h)
Boro (a)
City (h)
Arsenal (h)
Hull (a)

We are sitting pretty at the top, 5 ahead of Pool, 10 ahead of Chelsea :D
Great set of fixtures as well, a lot easier than our rivals.
I cant even see us losing any of those games either.

We can go 8 points clear if we beat Blackburn on Sat.:)
(Pool play City on Sun, Cmon Citeh :D

Surely title number 18 is coming to Old Trafford?
Does anyone think otherwise?
may 21 2008?;) ?

seriously though its definalty ours to throw away :D up next is gaining 5 champions leagues ;)

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
canto said:
may 21 2008?;) ?

seriously though its definalty ours to throw away :D up next is gaining 5 champions leagues ;)
woah hold your horses. Lets wrap up the league first before you start thinking of 5 CL's ;)

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
The key IMO is the 5 games.

If we can win all those (which we are well capable of) and Liverpool drop points in one of there next 5 (apart from our game) then I'll be 100% sure of the title.

My only worry is that we have Boro away just before the first CL semi, City at home inbetween both CL semi legs, and Arsenal straight after.

That will be a really tough period for us.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
woah hold your horses. Lets wrap up the league first before you start thinking of 5 CL's ;)
true :p but when that day comes(if it does in my lifetime) it will be the best day ever :D

tbf though technically dont we have more champions league wins than liverpool;) ?

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
If we ended up with 18/4 by the end of the season I will honestly cream my pants.

We NEED more European Cups.

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
These are the points you have to look at.

Leading the league- United
Form wise - United
Best Squad - United
And easiest fixture list on paper - United

When you look at these main points, it's league title No18!!!

·
Registered
629 Posts
Liverpool's fixtures:

Liverpool v Man City
Middlesbrough v Liverpool
Liverpool v Sunderland
Man Utd v Liverpool
Liverpool v Aston Villa
Fulham v Liverpool
Liverpool v Blackburn
Liverpool v Arsenal
Hull v Liverpool
Liverpool v Newcastle
West Ham v Liverpool
West Brom v Liverpool
Liverpool v Tottenham

Both United and Liverpool have seven games at home and six games away so there isn't any kind of advantage in that matter. But we do have the easier fixtures as compared to Liverpool.

If we win against Liverpool we should quite easily win the title. We just have three difficult games according to me - vs Liverpool, Aston Villa and Middlesbrough. Although Boro have been really off form but we have had a tough time in recent season at the Riverside. Villa can be a bit of a surprise but other than those three games I don't think we'll drop any points looking at current form. As for the Arsenal game, I really think it'll become irrelevant by the time we face them.

As for Liverpool, I think there is a lot of possibilities of them dropping points. The game against us, Arsenal, West Ham away from home and Tottenham are the tougher games in their fixture list.

I hope that City can do us a favour on Sunday but they are pathetic away from home getting just two points out of a possible 18 points i the last six away games.

·
Registered
605 Posts
im quite confident that we'll win it this time

The RAWK will be in a meltdown

last night's performance was absolutely vintage

rafa's crackin up

this is going perfectly for united

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
If we beat Liverpool at Old Trafford then I'll start saying the title is ours. 5 points is not an unassailable lead and there is still a lot of football to be played.

Having said that I am supremely confident that we will win it this year. Despite all the 1-0's we have scored more goals than any other team in the Premier League this season. Couple that with our incredible defensive record and you have a formula that equals CHAMPIONS!

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
reddwarf said:
If we beat Liverpool at Old Trafford then I'll start saying the title is ours. 5 points is not an unassailable lead and there is still a lot of football to be played.

Having said that I am supremely confident that we will win it this year. Despite all the 1-0's we have scored more goals than any other team in the Premier League this season. Couple that with our incredible defensive record and you have a formula that equals CHAMPIONS!
couldnt have put it better myself.:)

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
were in great position to do it. bit early to be sayin its in the bag but as previous posters have said were 5 clear, have the best squad but also players and manager who know wat it takes to see the job thru til the end. its ours to lose.

Come on united!!

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Personally from these games we should be aiming for almost maximum points. The games I'd worry most about there are Borough AWAY, they are so annoying to play at the Riverside. Also, City at home, ok we beat them away but they always excel against us.

IMO though 30 points or more from them games are a must. Although, Pool's last 10 games or so are apparently really easy, thats what I've heard.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
i will be amazed if utd don't win the title from this point , we only need to match liverpools results and i expect to do that in a canter.
obviously the liverpool game is the key and thats set up in utds favour now because liverpool must beat us and utd are a great counter attacking team ,utd will win this league by 10 pts or more and in december a lot of us utd fans couldn't see it happening at all .ITS A FUNNY OLD GAME ! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Now folks, no chicken counting....please! :p

We are in a great position and I am as positive as I've been all season. I prefer our schedule to theirs, our place in the table to theirs, our squad to theirs, our manager, our experience....

But, one minor slip-up before they come here and it just might be back on. And there is a run of three games (Boro away, Ciddeh, L'Arse) at the end that could be worriesome if it's close.

Here's hoping it's over well before then.

(and no, I am not May 21 2008 in disguise). ;)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts