Sunderland (a)
Wigan (a)
Spurs (h)
Boro (a)
City (h)
Arsenal (h)
Hull (a)

We are sitting pretty at the top, 5 ahead of Pool, 10 ahead of Chelsea :D
Great set of fixtures as well, a lot easier than our rivals.
I cant even see us losing any of those games either.

We can go 8 points clear if we beat Blackburn on Sat.:)
(Pool play City on Sun, Cmon Citeh :D

Surely title number 18 is coming to Old Trafford?
Does anyone think otherwise?

See less See more
#3 ·
Jazz 16 said:
And equaling the Scousers. AT LAST!

-------------Pl--Pts
1 United 25 59
2 Liverpool 25 54
3 A. Villa 25 51
4 Chelsea 25 49
5 Arsenal 25 44

13 games left

Blackburn (h)
Newcastle (a)
Pompey (h)
Liverpool (h)
Fulham (a)
Villa (h)
Sunderland (a)
Wigan (a)
Spurs (h)
Boro (a)
City (h)
Arsenal (h)
Hull (a)

We are sitting pretty at the top, 5 ahead of Pool, 10 ahead of Chelsea :D
Great set of fixtures as well, a lot easier than our rivals.
I cant even see us losing any of those games either.

We can go 8 points clear if we beat Blackburn on Sat.:)
(Pool play City on Sun, Cmon Citeh :D

Surely title number 18 is coming to Old Trafford?
Does anyone think otherwise?
may 21 2008?;) ?

seriously though its definalty ours to throw away :D up next is gaining 5 champions leagues ;)

#5 ·
The key IMO is the 5 games.

If we can win all those (which we are well capable of) and Liverpool drop points in one of there next 5 (apart from our game) then I'll be 100% sure of the title.

My only worry is that we have Boro away just before the first CL semi, City at home inbetween both CL semi legs, and Arsenal straight after.

That will be a really tough period for us.

#10 ·
Liverpool's fixtures:

Liverpool v Man City
Middlesbrough v Liverpool
Liverpool v Sunderland
Man Utd v Liverpool
Liverpool v Aston Villa
Fulham v Liverpool
Liverpool v Blackburn
Liverpool v Arsenal
Hull v Liverpool
Liverpool v Newcastle
West Ham v Liverpool
West Brom v Liverpool
Liverpool v Tottenham

Both United and Liverpool have seven games at home and six games away so there isn't any kind of advantage in that matter. But we do have the easier fixtures as compared to Liverpool.

If we win against Liverpool we should quite easily win the title. We just have three difficult games according to me - vs Liverpool, Aston Villa and Middlesbrough. Although Boro have been really off form but we have had a tough time in recent season at the Riverside. Villa can be a bit of a surprise but other than those three games I don't think we'll drop any points looking at current form. As for the Arsenal game, I really think it'll become irrelevant by the time we face them.

As for Liverpool, I think there is a lot of possibilities of them dropping points. The game against us, Arsenal, West Ham away from home and Tottenham are the tougher games in their fixture list.

I hope that City can do us a favour on Sunday but they are pathetic away from home getting just two points out of a possible 18 points i the last six away games.

#14 ·
If we beat Liverpool at Old Trafford then I'll start saying the title is ours. 5 points is not an unassailable lead and there is still a lot of football to be played.

Having said that I am supremely confident that we will win it this year. Despite all the 1-0's we have scored more goals than any other team in the Premier League this season. Couple that with our incredible defensive record and you have a formula that equals CHAMPIONS!

#15 ·
reddwarf said:
If we beat Liverpool at Old Trafford then I'll start saying the title is ours. 5 points is not an unassailable lead and there is still a lot of football to be played.

Having said that I am supremely confident that we will win it this year. Despite all the 1-0's we have scored more goals than any other team in the Premier League this season. Couple that with our incredible defensive record and you have a formula that equals CHAMPIONS!
couldnt have put it better myself.:)

#18 ·
Personally from these games we should be aiming for almost maximum points. The games I'd worry most about there are Borough AWAY, they are so annoying to play at the Riverside. Also, City at home, ok we beat them away but they always excel against us.

IMO though 30 points or more from them games are a must. Although, Pool's last 10 games or so are apparently really easy, thats what I've heard.

#19 ·
i will be amazed if utd don't win the title from this point , we only need to match liverpools results and i expect to do that in a canter.
obviously the liverpool game is the key and thats set up in utds favour now because liverpool must beat us and utd are a great counter attacking team ,utd will win this league by 10 pts or more and in december a lot of us utd fans couldn't see it happening at all .ITS A FUNNY OLD GAME ! :rolleyes:

#20 ·
Now folks, no chicken counting....please! :p

We are in a great position and I am as positive as I've been all season. I prefer our schedule to theirs, our place in the table to theirs, our squad to theirs, our manager, our experience....

But, one minor slip-up before they come here and it just might be back on. And there is a run of three games (Boro away, Ciddeh, L'Arse) at the end that could be worriesome if it's close.

Here's hoping it's over well before then.

(and no, I am not May 21 2008 in disguise). ;)

#22 ·
The only problem we may have is after we play blackburn and hopefully win we'll be 8 points clear, but pool then have 2 games as we don't have a game a game in gameweek 27 it's on gameweek 38 were we have 2 games and pool have 1 so theoretically they can claw it back to only 2 points till the last week of the season meaning if we take our foot off the pedal abit and get nervous they could catch up. But i don't think that will happen were to experienced as a team to win titles to let the pool get the better of us. I predict we win the league with 10-15 points clear at the top of the table :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.