Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Up to eight Premier League clubs are looking to lure Queens Park Rangers starlet Liam O'Brien away from Loftus Road, skysports.com understands.

The 16-year-old goalkeeper is already playing for the club's Under 18s and has made his debut for the reserves, and is rated by many as one of the brightest talents for his age in the country.

Scouts have been alerted to O'Brien - who is still on schoolboy terms at the club having rejected the chance to sign scholarship forms.

The likes of Arsenal, Aston Villa, Portsmouth, Manchester United and Newcastle are believed to be amongst those showing an interest in O'Brien.

QPR know they face a real battle to keep O'Brien and realise if he did leave he could do so at the end of the season with only minimal compensation due to the Championship club.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11667_3000139,00.html

This is from skysports so it is the real deal, not the usual s***e (sorry stuff that's never going to happen) that's posted in the transfer forum....

Anyway this kid is only 16 so is one for the future, as we don't need any goal keepers for the first team at the moment or in the near future.....

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
OMG!:eek: Please don't buy him,SAF! We already hve 3 top-class goalkeepers in our first-team squad. Also,this guy's only 16 years old. Please don't ruin his future by buying him over & then letting him rot in the bench(tho I personally doubt he will even make it to the bench). With Tomasz Kuszczak,Edwin van der Sar & Ben Foster in our team(Tommy Heaton is coming thru the ranks),I can foresee this young lad's future........if he really came over,I would think he's very stupid(I hate to say it)! It may be great to play for the reigning champions of England,but he must first think if he can even make it as a first-team regular! I suggest he established himself as a renowned goalkeeper first by playing for QPR. Then when he has racked up a whole load of club appearances in English League One,he may choose to play for a Premiership side.:)

·
Registered
55 Posts
well I doubt that he will be in the bench if we buy him,its a long term investment and he will be probably playing with U18 squad.don't know this kid,maybe you who live in England know something about him and is he really that good.

·
has been served
2,947 Posts
Why are people saying not to buy him?
He is SIXTEEN
He wont be getting a sniff for the next 6 years!!!!!
By that time foster will be 30, Kuzcack 32 and Van der Saar will probably be dead!

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Justice said:
Why are people saying not to buy him? Morons.
He is SIXTEEN
He wont be getting a sniff for the next 6 years!!!!!
By that time foster will be 30, Kuzcack 32 and Van der Saar will probably be dead!
:eek: He's not that old

·
Banned
836 Posts
Liam O'Brien haha! I remember he played for Newcastle during the early 90s lol. Not the same one but names in football are getting reincarnated.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Anderson's God said:
O great another keeper .... lol
lol I know....

I usually don't post (never going to happen!!!) transfer news, especially goal keepers ones.......

However this kid is only 16 and is one for the future....

Arsenal and United are after him and this article is from skysports so he must be the real deal and it would be great to have a really talented young keeper being trained at United and being groomed to be a United player.......:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts