Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jolly good show old chums, I make it 18 titles all? What took you so long? Look forward to a fantastic season next year.

Rafas Cracking Up!!!! :second: :D

1st i'd like to say I'm being perfectly pleasent and just want to talk to you guys so don't flam me, it isn't worth it.

Well done today, you got the result you needed, my view on the season is that Man U and Liverpool have grinded results out very similarly, you have conceded less and we have been a bit better infront of goal, we both went through periods of getting jammy winning from behind (LFC at start of the season and MUFC toward the end) and we both had dissapointing draws which have cost us more then they have you (despite us winning the big 4 league).

I think next season will be close, LFC look likely to spend the most and will get another striker where as Man U could lose Ronaldo (most likely not) and probably will buy Tevez (he is your Dirk Kuyt, the fan favourite).

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
Personally I won't celebrate until I see Giggs lifting the trophy, Ronaldo posing for the cameras & Scholes hiding in the back. :D

Nothing in life is certain but once we've won I'll dance like a mad meerkat. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We aren't that bad. Well played today, didn't want to watch but here you shut out Arsenal. You have played well all season where as we have only started since the latter stages of the year.

I do honestly think we can win it next season though. I'll go and tell everyone on the liverpool boards you didn't shoot me down.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Man U 18th Title - Mersey View

1st i'd like to say I'm being perfectly pleasent and just want to talk to you guys so don't flam me, it isn't worth it.

Well done today, you got the result you needed, my view on the season is that Man U and Liverpool have grinded results out very similarly, you have conceded less and we have been a bit better infront of goal, we both went through periods of getting jammy winning from behind (LFC at start of the season and MUFC toward the end) and we both had dissapointing draws which have cost us more then they have you (despite us winning the big 4 league).

I think next season will be close, LFC look likely to spend the most and will get another striker where as Man U could lose Ronaldo (most likely not) and probably will buy Tevez (he is your Dirk Kuyt, the fan favourite).

Hope you enjoying being on the perch WITH us, lets see what happens next season. :whistling:

G

·
Jolly good show old chums, I make it 18 titles all? What took you so long? Look forward to a fantastic season next year.

Rafas Cracking Up!!!! :second: :D

I think next year will be very close and Liverpool have every chance. Well done today.
It's your year EVERY bloody year. :rofl:

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Liverpool punched above their weight this year and done well.

But seriously United and Chelsea won't be so slow starting next seasons campaign and I can only see it been a 2 horse race between them 2. If you look at this season as a whoe, we haven't played all that great, yet we are Champions again.

Liverpool had their chance and they blew it - unfortunately for them that chance won't come around again.

Concentrate on Europe because that's your best shot at silverware.

I can only see us winning it again with Chelsea right behind us.

·
I aim to Misbehave
6,371 Posts
18 all indeed. It didn't take us that long tbf. It was 18-7 in the early 90's so we have done well to catch up so soon. Next season will be good a usual but I can't see anything other than 4 in a row.
Yeah, welcome to the 18 club. We've got 18 ourselves, and I'll love it when both of us make it 19 next year.
:first::first::first:

·
Bra-burning feminist
3,918 Posts
Please don't refer to us as 'Man U'.

Apart from that, fair play, you're not a bitter Scouser.

Still, I personally think that us winning 18 will be good for you. Maybe now the Scousers will finally stop living in the past?

Don't expect to win the league any time soon though. :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.