Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just saw our fixture list on BBC and we have just two days between Villa and the Porto game. I thought that Sky must be shifting the game but at the moment there is no news on the change of dates. I don't think that two days are enough for the players to recover fully and this might just affect us really badly against Porto.

I just think Sky might have just **** us up big time if the game isn't moved to Saturday.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Thats's sh*t work from the FA..!

But we will prove we are the true Champions and will win both games and get us back on track!!

·
Registered
739 Posts
I thought i read somewhere else that if we were going to be playing on the Tuesday that the Villa match would be changed to the Saturday??

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
we have the players to cope , they play football for a living for gods sake all they have to do is cancel the training and have a massage , god its a tough being a footballer and having to perform for three hours a week

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
I thought i read somewhere else that if we were going to be playing on the Tuesday that the Villa match would be changed to the Saturday??
Yeah, I read that too but all of the fixture lists (United website, BBC & Sky Sports) all still play on the Sunday.

At least we know Vidic, Scholes and Rooney will be fresh for the Porto game!!!

·
Arse Bandito
1,527 Posts
Is two days enough to recover?

it will have to be.
that's all i'm saying. i'm sure fergie will be striking the balance, and the players will be itching for game time to put liverpool and fulham behind them

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
I just saw our fixture list on BBC and we have just two days between Villa and the Porto game. I thought that Sky must be shifting the game but at the moment there is no news on the change of dates. I don't think that two days are enough for the players to recover fully and this might just affect us really badly against Porto.

I just think Sky might have just **** us up big time if the game isn't moved to Saturday.
It's definitely set for sunday. Biased fa *****.

Thats's sh*t work from the FA..!

But we will prove we are the true Champions and will win both games and get us back on track!!
It's amazing how everyone is now blaming FA or Sky. When neither had anything to do with it.
Ferige chose to leave it on Sunday, as he wanted to give his players an extra day after the internationals. United's website jumped the gun whereby announcing that it will be switched back to midday on the Saturday, but Fergie asked for it to be kept on the Sunday.

we're gonna have to rely on players like Nani and Park Ji Sh1t3! Be lucky to get 2-0 wins against either team.
Top red you dissing Park there.

Park Ji-Sung were better than Ronaldo in Fulham match............Why must u hate Asian....
Just because he called Park ***** doesn't mean he's racist :rolleyes:

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Oh, back in the old days, when players smoked/drank/and were generally unfit, on shit pitches, and overall a more daunting propect, they used to play 2 games in 2 days. If professional athletes can't last 180 minutes 48 hours apart, then they can't be athletes!!!

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
It's all about the TV rights and we are scheduled to play on Sky at 4.05 on the Sunday, therefore surely they must have to keep our game there, otherwise if they moved it, they'd have to move someone elses game to that day. However If they don't have a game on the Saturday 12.45 kick off then maybe they could move it there ? :confused:

Either way it's harsh but there we go.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Oh, back in the old days, when players smoked/drank/and were generally unfit, on shit pitches, and overall a more daunting propect, they used to play 2 games in 2 days. If professional athletes can't last 180 minutes 48 hours apart, then they can't be athletes!!!
totally agree they should be fit enought o play three times a week .
Your comments about park are totally unjustified his energy and commitment are without question , his weakness is in front of goal , but another than that he has been a good signing

1 - 20 of 25 Posts