Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently here in Mexico we seem to have a problem with the league, even though we have a limit on foreigners, a vast majority of the people here feel that we needed to do more to improve home grown talent. So the mexican fa decided to do a rule. the rule states that each team needs to accumulate at least 765 minutes played with homegrown players that are at the most 20 years and eleven months old. teams that fail to complete the 765 minutes will get deducted 3 points. what i'm asking is basically what do u guys think of it being implemented in england with all the talk on quota on foreigners, do u think this rule would help the english game?

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
its getting to the stage in the premiership that if you look at the top clubs second team or youth team a big percentage of those players are foreign . i can understand buying proven top quality foreign players but to bring average or very young foreign players into the premiership that stop british youngsters being giving opportunities does annoy me.
utd seem to have two excellent players with the da silva twins but how many other young foreign lads never break thru , and this is at the expence of british kids being given the chance to progress .every league should make a huge attempt to bring home talent thru the ranks , its what boyhood dreams are all about . its getting to the stage where we are more likely to see a young pele instead of a young george best and i am waiting for the day that an eskimo arrives juggling snowballs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts