Manchester United Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 200 Posts

·
Banned
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which players are on your transfer wishlist for the coming season? I personally think we have a solid backline, and one of the best attacking lineups in the premiership.

All we need to do is strengthen our inexperienced mid field. Someone like Gattusso would be ideal imo.

Mahamadou Diarra would be a good buy too, pricey nevertheless.

Let's see how much Glazer is willing to spend on transfers. That record shirt sponsorship deal should help too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Manchester should look at Milan for quality players that are not used there. I'd like to see Gattuso as said, as well as Cafu, why not. They'd bring real value to the team!

·
Banned
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cafu ? Not sure why we'd want an old player like Cafu when we already have some one like Neville.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think we should look for midfielders within England .. id Vote for Scott Parker .. hes an amazing player .. and accustomed to the english game ..

Gattuso wud b a dream cum true but hes on the wrong side of 25 which favours him out of my list atleast

·
Registered
26 Posts
I personally, would like SAF to give David Jones a run in the first team and sign Riquelme for not a penny over 20 million pounds. He's not exactly young and he's an Argerntine. I wouldn't want another Veron. No one would ...

This is how i see our midfield next season -

--Ronaldo-----David Jones/Smudger-----Scholes-----Park

OR

--Ronaldo-----Riquelme-----New DM-----Giggs

·
Banned
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
David Jones, read an article about him a while back. He's more like a box to box midfielder, like Scholesy.

From what I've heard, he can take free kicks and penalties too, and has even scored on a couple of occasions for his club in the Netherlands.

S

·
0 Posts
Apparently i've heard that Ferguson is chasing both Diarra and Jean Makoun, so we'll have to wait and see what happens.

·
Banned
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Diarra, from what I've heard is going to be bloody expensive, reportedly around 25m. And Chelski are going to be in the hunt for him aswell.

D

·
0 Posts
Dont really know much about them Riquelme would be a good signing and joey barton could potentially be an absolute bargain at about 4-5m

·
Registered
26 Posts
MUFC said:
David Jones, read an article about him a while back. He's more like a box to box midfielder, like Scholesy.

From what I've heard, he can take free kicks and penalties too, and has even scored on a couple of occasions for his club in the Netherlands.
Oh he's sure been scoring some goals for NEC. Brilliant player. Saw 2 of his games.

Great box to box midfielder like you said, but he's not got the creative touch (yet) ala Scholesy ....

·
Registered
4 Posts
yeah makoun does seem likely to be signed :mad:

i wouldnt mind arteta hes quiet a good player and hed be a good squad player - havent seen anything to suggest hes comming though

·
Banned
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Acording to reports Glazer will allow SAF a large transfer fund in order to freshen up the squad for next season, but he will also broker his own deals for 3 american players, although only 2 will be able to join this year. The names being touted are
Oguchi Onyewu
Freddy Adu
Damarcus Beasley
I just hope that if Glazer does this it's not done behind SAF back, we don't want the same situation here that Romanov has created at Hearts.

·
Registered
6 Posts
What about bringing Neumayr and Gibson through for the midfield.

imho, if we beat Boro tonight, I think SAF should use a few of the kids against Charton. Esp the above named, and Rossi.

Other than bringing players through, I don't rate Diarra, or Makoun. Gatusso would be a good signing but again may be on the older side.

People are singling out Barton for United. IMO he's too much like Nicky Butt was, runs about like a headless chicken. Nolan for me would be a great signing, and I also like the lad at Fulham, Diop.

Can't comment on Mascherano as I ain't seen him.

My list for the season would be - Nolan, Diop, Ribery, Gatusso. (Owen/Huntlaar if Ruud goes)

·
Registered
4 Posts
MUFC said:
Acording to reports Glazer will allow SAF a large transfer fund in order to freshen up the squad for next season, but he will also broker his own deals for 3 american players, although only 2 will be able to join this year. The names being touted are
Oguchi Onyewu
Freddy Adu
Damarcus Beasley
I just hope that if Glazer does this it's not done behind SAF back, we don't want the same situation here that Romanov has created at Hearts.
cant say ive heard anything like that so ill have to take your word for it :confused:

dori2o said:
What about bringing Neumayr and Gibson through for the midfield.

imho, if we beat Boro tonight, I think SAF should use a few of the kids against Charton. Esp the above named, and Rossi.

Other than bringing players through, I don't rate Diarra, or Makoun. Gatusso would be a good signing but again may be on the older side.

People are singling out Barton for United. IMO he's too much like Nicky Butt was, runs about like a headless chicken. Nolan for me would be a great signing, and I also like the lad at Fulham, Diop.

Can't comment on Mascherano as I ain't seen him.

My list for the season would be - Nolan, Diop, Ribery, Gatusso. (Owen/Huntlaar if Ruud goes)
i wouldnt want us to sign Gatusso IMO he aint as good as everyone thinks, Diop aint good enough to play for utd and nolan would be nothing more than a squad player

but thats just my opinion ;)

i agree about giving gibson and Neumayr a go though

·
Registered
4 Posts
Here are the latest rumors

Carvalho Amauri Chievo Striker £5.2m Sky, Apr 30
Obafemi Martins Internazionale Striker £17.4m Sky, Apr 25
David Suazo Calgiari Striker Not stated Sky, Apr 25
Pascal Chimbonda Wigan Defender Not stated Sky, Apr 23
Juan Riquelme Villarreal Midfielder Not stated Sky, Apr 20
Mikael Arteta Everton Midfielder Not stated Sky, Apr 20