Manchester United Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which players are on your transfer wishlist for the coming season? I personally think we have a solid backline, and one of the best attacking lineups in the premiership.

All we need to do is strengthen our inexperienced mid field. Someone like Gattusso would be ideal imo.

Mahamadou Diarra would be a good buy too, pricey nevertheless.

Let's see how much Glazer is willing to spend on transfers. That record shirt sponsorship deal should help too.

·
Banned
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cafu ? Not sure why we'd want an old player like Cafu when we already have some one like Neville.

·
Banned
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
David Jones, read an article about him a while back. He's more like a box to box midfielder, like Scholesy.

From what I've heard, he can take free kicks and penalties too, and has even scored on a couple of occasions for his club in the Netherlands.

·
Banned
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Diarra, from what I've heard is going to be bloody expensive, reportedly around 25m. And Chelski are going to be in the hunt for him aswell.

·
Banned
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Acording to reports Glazer will allow SAF a large transfer fund in order to freshen up the squad for next season, but he will also broker his own deals for 3 american players, although only 2 will be able to join this year. The names being touted are
Oguchi Onyewu
Freddy Adu
Damarcus Beasley
I just hope that if Glazer does this it's not done behind SAF back, we don't want the same situation here that Romanov has created at Hearts.

·
Banned
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Yeah, I had been thinking about him too. He has been one of the most underrated players to have played for England in the recent times, primarily due to two reasons : He's partly Canadian, and he plays his club football outside of England.

He really turned in a great performance against Portugal, and if he can be a consistent player, then he should be a good buy for us.

·
Banned
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Most likely it's going to be Situation # 3. We desperately need a strong holding midfielder and/or a box to box player.

·
Banned
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Yeah, you do have a valid point there RD. I mean, we've been in the hunt for players even before the WC and i just fail to understand why we haven't been able to sign on any new players. Is it that we are offering too less wages?? Is it because we are missing someone like Kenyon?

·
Banned
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
I think he will most likely be paired with Saha upfront, however with him being in a slightly withdrawn role. They did reasonably well when Ruud was out of action last season.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.