Manchester United Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
zackry said:
United are looking at several options...! AT this time, the only obvious target isHargreaves and I think we all know that we will see him at OT at the end of the season....! Fergie is looking at a potential Giggs replacement (Nani, Quaresma, Bale), A replacement for Ruud ( Hunteelar, Torres, Bent and Eto ). Out of the options mentioned, United will hopefully capture two of these targets. I believe some of our young players on loan like Rossi, Pique, Evans, Martin and Dong (now with us) will make up a young generation of Manutd lengends

Absolutely agree with you there on the youngsters. I think Rossi and Evans could be really special players in years to come. i went to the FA Youth final @ the valley in '05 and Rossi scored a hat trick and he was on another planet that night as we destroyed a good charlton side that had a couple of first teamers in it, I cant remember when i was last impressed SO MUCH by a player of his age ( and that was 2years ago!!), and if u look at what he's doing at Parma now as well i think its a sure thing that he'll make a big impact over the next couple of seasons. Evans is pure class and has MASSIVE potential. IMO we must try and keep Heinze but if he feels Pique is up to the task then he may use Gabby as a bargaining tool for a transfer and use Pique as the cover for Nevs and Evra. This would be a mistake IMO as we need to keep Gabby and sell Silvestre.

·
Registered
185 Posts
There are 'lots' of good young Brazilians, but there's a whole lot more to consider when signing a player for the EPL. Look at Veron, Kleberson Etc.
IMO our midfield is fine, and with acquisitions like Nani and Anderson it's only gonna improve in the coming seasons. We need to strengthen at the back, if Rio or Vidic are out then we suddenly become very shaky, also we need more cover especially if Heinze leaves, although we do have Owen now who can play either fullback position if we get serious trouble like the back end of last season.
Also we need that extra striker, ideally a solid proven goalscorer, especially if the reports about Saha are correct. Tevez, Michael Owen or Anelka are my shouts.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Serbia said:
hello everybody, greatings from Serbia!!

I watched almost all MU games this season, and I think everything was perfect, midfield creates many many chances, but Rooney and Saha are not concentrated in finishing. One great attacker could improve all results. I think it shouldn't be Tevez, I think that player should be tall, and strong, like Berbatov, he is my first choice, but he is too expencive after spending millions already.

I would like to recomand one Serbian player, you probably all heard about him, his name is Nikola Zigic, and he plays for Racing Santander. he is 202 cm tall, like Peter Chrouch, but he can score, he is not only about jumping, he can score with both legs, he is very powerfull, crowd loves him, and he cost about 5 times less then Berbatov. Real Madrid, Valencia, Barcelona, Juventus, Tottenhem, Fenerbahce are very intrested for his signature. I give u some of his goals on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5meeZuW2RE

You all saw Namanja Vidic, I think nobody thinks that MU made mistake by signing him, I can guarantie that it would be same with Zigic!!!!!!!

Good post my friend.
I think UTD could really benefit from a player such as Zigic, I watch a lot of spanish football and have seen a fair bit of Zigic in recent times. He is obviously good in the air but has two good feet and bags of self confidence which any striker needs.
IMO would be a good buy if we could get him for £6- £7 mil or so. He would really give us some different options especially if we need to change a game, ie. Milan away. Having spent millions on players such as Forlan in recent times I can't see why UTD shoudn't at least have a look at the player.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Apparently Fergie had all but agreed a deal for Eidur last summer in the region of £10 mil, but Chelsea pulled out of any deal, preferring not to sell to their rivals.
IMO, Gudjohnsen would be a top signing for us,used very much in the Sheringham type of role.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.