Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Midfeilders

Gattuso.. too old!

hargreavs/de rossi from byern & roma..

hargreavs would cost 18-20 mil as for de rossi he would cost 12 mil.

hargreavs before the world cup would of only just made the bentch in a united
team. 20 mil far to high in my opinion. id much rather see de rossi here.

as for the strikers..

Owen for 9 mil would be a great bargin if he stays fit. (too risky!)

Berbatov 18 mil spurs want to keep him and he said he wants to stay. (not happnin!)

Torres for 20 mil he scored 8 goals last seson and 3 were from the spot. (hopfully wont happen because he would find the prem to physical)

Huntlaar for 12 mil? not sure about the transfer fee to be honist but he looks like a great buy.. young, good record, fast! and most importantly a replacment for van the man.. at clubs fans love to see replacments for players to cum in. ino i love to see it! (Likley, i hope it happens)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Red Devil said:
You are obviously in your early teens and think you are la creme de la creme. But, to my mind, you playing ignorance against stupidity.

True, I was one of those calling for the head of Giggs for a couple of seasons when he failed miserably to achieve moch more than the occasional pass on the field. But, this past season, as with ALL the players, he has been highly instrumental in our getting OUR Trophy back.

You cannot play a team in the Premiership today without experience and knowledge of the game. Leggin' it from one end to the other is not the way. Alan Hansen once said, "you will win nothing with kids" - which we did, but they were playing alongside experience, until they too became experienced.

They had the likes of Mark Hughes, Andre Kanchelskis, Paul Ince and Peter Schmeichel to help them along as well as Roy Keane.
I agree & disagree with you,
you need a mix of youth and experiance defenatly..
but this seson you need to rest scholes for a few games & neville & giggs.
& use new signin's like hargreaves, bale?, nani or ribery?
NOT just release al the players & use new ones, but ese new players into the squad.

As your saying back when we introduced the ginger wizard, the welsh wizzard, becks, neville(s) we also had experiance asa nice balance.
times do change & i dont think that balance of young and old will ever be repeated.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Red Devil said:
I think the blend you mention can be repeated, we did it in the 50s with the "babes"; then again in the 60's and then Alex did it in the 90s. So I think we can play the kids alongside these "elder statesmen" and remain a top force in England as a result.

By the way, playing ignorance against stupidity was meant as to be ignorant of the past is to be stupid with team selection now. We can all learn from past decisions.

Take yesterday for example, and to go slightly off topic. If Alex could replay the final we would win it because he would not be ignorant of what decisions he made yesterday, but would not be stupid enough to repeat them.

The past can teach us to rule the future.
50's & 60's a different generation of football & the majority of footballers back then never had the talent of modern players.. george best in the 60's an exeption perhaps.

Beckham, Scholes, The Neville's, Butt e.c.t will never be reapeted IMO.
They were somthing special and i cannot see arsenals young guns repeating it even with there talent.

Mabey it could be repeated in decades.. but i cannot see players like Chris Eagles as the new scholes.

The modern game now aint about bringin players through the ranks unfortunatly its about buying the young talent you need.

The bottom line IMO.. a team needs youth and experiance to achive sucsess BUT what fergi did in the 90's will never ever ever be repeated! As fergi sold big stars & put his faith in youth.
he didnt slowly introduce them & leave andre kanchelskis out for beckham.. fergi just got rid. The reson it will never be repeated in any other team is.. no manager will have the balls to do what fergi did.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Red Devil said:
As your only 15 you can have no knowledge whatsoever of life before Fergie, you might probably only just remember Cantona. Do not form opinions on what you have been told by others. Believe me the footballers in the 60s were REAL stars and could perform in the most atrocious of conditions and frequently did! Great players in those days were in every team, Bremner at Leeds, Giles at Leeds, Smith at Liverpool, Hughes at Liverpool, Harvey Kendall & Ball at Everton; Charlton, Law, Best, Dunne, Brennan, Best, Morgan and others at Old Trafford, Moore, Hurst at West Ham, Harris and Osgood at Chelsea, Astel at West Brom, so many players, all masters of their trade.
Bringing age into it is unfair.
For somone who is "only 15" i do have a knowledge of football.
iv not gon of what other people have told me so dont patronise me.
iv seen dvd's, old video's of matches e.c.t
Al them players were a master of their trade in the 60's
it was a different generation of football!
i agree with most of your points but back on topic.. i feel what fergi did in the 90's was somthing that cannot be repeated again.. arsenal are kindov trying but the famous quote "you wont win anything with kids" is true in their case!
who in the modern game will use their youth system to build a team?
chelsea NO, arsenal have tried and it didnt work (this seson), Liverpool NO other teams NO! and united.. no. i dont think the modern game trusts the youth system teams no feel they need to buy talent and not bring it through the ranks.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Somone who use to go down to old trafford all time time.. in the old k stand..
ina pub quiz their was a question.. "how many times have manchester united won the europien cup" he said one..
i knew we had won it twice.. i think it was 4-2 against benfica aswell..
age dosnt necessarily matter, but i see what your saying.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.