Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, i'm writing an article for University and I wish to focus on the Serie A 2006 fixing scandal. I was wondering if any of you could help regarding this.

I'm looking for information on this whole development, from who was involved and how.

I understand Moggi (Juve exec) was the 'phone man', who discussed with Pairetto (Chief of ref's to UEFA from Italy) the appointing of refs for certain games, but i'm not clear on details.

1. What competitions did he try to influence?
2. How was his son Alessandro involved?
3. How was it found that other clubs were involved?
4. How were they involved?
5. What were the final punishments?
6. Why were Inter mentioned in all of this?

Any info would be most welcome, and if this has been discussed elsewhere here just link me and i'll get in with it without bothering any of you.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I can't help (I don't really take a specific interest in Italian football) but proceed with caution.

We have a few Italian supporters on this site. I don't think they come on that regularly actually, but one's an Inter fan and there's 2 who are Juve supporters. Although I don't show a strong interest in Serie A, there views that come out from either side about this seem to be very contrasting.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
you need to send a Private Message to ejuventus

He is terribly biased and his English is average at best, but the man is a walking encyclopedia on that entire fiasco in Italian football and its latest developments.

I think it will be a good study into how the media can influence events.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Hey Kyle. Im sure there are a few that can help.

http://www.manutdtalk.com/forums/foreign-leagues/14042-serie-15.html
We have a member 'ejuventus' who knows a lot about the situation.
Check posts 291,293,296,300.....266 also.
and more debate from post 47-58 or so.

Im sure if you pmd the member he would be happy to tell you what he knows.
We have other Juve fans here and a few Inter fans.

We had a few Juve fans on here from another forum. I can give you the link if you want?
You can ask them questions there too. (there is an English section)
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah excellent, i'll look into it. And that link would be most welcome. I'll check that thread and ask 'ejuventus' also. Thanks very much.

And yeah, treading carefully with this subject is a given, i'm only interested in the facts. I don't wish to paint Serie A as some kind of bent force, more how this has affected the league and foreign views on it. And, what it can do to recover.

Sleaze journalism isn't my interest, unlike alot from my course.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
RedForceRising said:
you need to send a Private Message to ejuventus

He is terribly biased and his English is average at best, but the man is a walking encyclopedia on that entire fiasco in Italian football and its latest developments.

I think it will be a good study into how the media can influence events.
I don't think I'm BIASED at all...... and you said I'm "terribly" ???!!??
I just report facts, instead of newpapers' rumours
I have not seen any of that Inter fan's answers...otherwise, no problem in demoulishing them

Anyway, I notice some appreciation in your words, thanks for that

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
wow, Ive just been reading that and watching the video you posted above. Its great stuff. thanks for posting.

Its just unbelievable that this kind of thing can go on in football :(
Juventus were robbed.
1. unfortnately, certain things still happen in Italy, and not only in football
2. Juventus were mora than robbed: I'm afraid they killed us

Even because, there is something more. Much more.
as always, when happen something incredible, there's a dark aspect..... in fact, if it happened what happened it's only for one reason: we had treacherous between us, and they sold our honour and image for their dirty logic of power.... to make alliance with Mr.Moratti, to kick Moggi out and take control of JUVE, even if a relegated JUVE

For that I say I'm afraid not to have the old JUVE:
there's anyone now to drive us. Who does, it's not for us, but against us

1 - 12 of 12 Posts