Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A bit early, but what the heck....

Here's what I'd like to see.

I'd like to see the squad stay together.

If I could have one major signing, it would be Franck Ribery. We're crying out for a left winger and an attacking midfielder and his signing could solve both conundrums.

Next season will be Ben Foster's season. I can feel it. He should be the chosen number one and Edwin will be the able deputy, but he needs to be trusted and given his chance.

I'd like to see Frazier Campbell in action and also see if his pace could be use down the right flank.

Welbeck and Macheda need to either be given more games or loaned out to prem or championship clubs who will play them regularly.

If they do get loaned out, a clinical fox in the box striker would be needed.

I'd like to see Nani finally step out of his shell and step up his game. Ronaldo finally started playing like we suspected he could in his third season, so there is hope.

It would be interesting to see Rafael battle Wes Brown for the RB spot and Danny Simpson to show he can be of value to the squad.

Hopefully, Cathcart will get some first team games.

Finally, if we can win only one trophy next season, it would be amazing to retain the EPL again, so that Sir Alex, Gary Neville, yan Giggs and Edwin van der Sar can all retire happily.

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
I think it's a little early for Foster to become the number one personally. He's still got plenty of time. 'Keepers don't peak until their early 30s.

I'll hold off on my expectations until after the 27th. ;)

But one hope is Hargreaves, Brown and Neville back to full fitness, as well as some consistency from Nani and Berbatov.

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
I'd like to see more of; Rafael, Welbeck, Rodrigo, Macheda,
Petrucci, Ljajic, Fabio, Nani, Hargreaves and, if he exists, Dodo.

Introducing players to the game slowly is vital and if we don't
give them games they won't improve, matches build players.

I'd like to see less of; Fletcher, Brown, Neville, Scholes, O'Shea,
Tevez, Berbatov.

I'd like us to start playing attractive football, maybe sack Phelan
and sign Queiroz.

I'd like us to sign a goalkeeper.

I'd like Nani to get a 10 game run and be able to showcase his abilities
as we know he has them.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
I'd first of all like to see Owen Hargreaves make a successful comeback from his tendinitis woes.

I'd also like to see the introduction of a left winger, top choice by a mile being Ribery, but the likes of Young, Mata or Silva would also be a big boost to us.

I'd also like to see the squad stay together as their seems to be a strong bond between them, but if Tevez is to leave I'd like to see an out and out goal score brought in which could be a big benefit to us. For me, David Villa would be perfect, along with the likes of Benzema, Eto'o, Henry.

I want to see Anderson and Nani make serious steps up in ability (if still here). If not, to be honest it will be the end of my patience for them. I really hope they do make that leap though.

I expect the likes of Rafael, Fabio, Tosic, Welbeck, Gibson and Macheda to get more first team action if they're not sent out on loan, and maybe even Ljajic too after he makes his January move, but I expect him to be introduced gradually. I think that Matt James is one player to look out for who could make an appearance in the Carling Cup if he has not gone out on loan somewhere.

It obviously makes sense that we will challenge for the title again but nothing is guaranteed in football, but I think we should do it if the hunger remains. I'd obviously expect us to challenge for the Champions League again, but the thing is if you have one off day you can be out so its hard to make any predictions.

I think that after a season of settling, being criticised, adapting to our system and feeling like a new boy is out of the way, Dimitar Berbatov will start to really stamp his authority on our team. I doubt he will be prolific as such but he will be having a much bigger effect on games.

I also think Wayne Rooney, if played as a striker or second striker for most of the season, will score more regularly rather than in spells, I also think he will be a strong contender for Player Of The Year if the team as a whole perform again.

I also think that Scholes, Giggs, and Neville will retire together and it will mark the end of an era, and a new beginning.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
- Foster/Anderson/Nani/Rafael getting a good run in the first team.

- Ronaldo still with us. He seems to always indirectly answer the question about his future with us saying he's enjoying it here but not that he'll still be here next season.

- A new striker. I love Tevez but if he goes then I'd like either Defoe or Villa.

And that's about it. I'm happy with the current squad and if we can keep everyone together I hope and believe we can mount a serious challenge on all fronts once again next season.

·
Arse Bandito
1,527 Posts
for fuk sake no the season aint even over yet

stop been so greedy we support the club no matter what they win
you've totally missed the point.
we're not being greedy.
mate, most people have just expressed a hope that some of our promising kids get a run out. nobody said that we aren't ecstatic to have won the league/be pushing for the champions league, but why not see what everybody is aiming for.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Next season where do i start?

First of all i like to see more appearances from Owen Hargreaves. That is first and foremost cause i believe he would make a difference to our run.

Second, i like to see less of the older guards - Ryan, Neville, Scholes and VDS even thou VDS not so much thou due to the fact that i have to admit both TK and Foster never really properly convinced me just yet. Dont get me wrong but somewhere we need to start preparing with life without them.

I dont think we need to buy anyone but if there's a need i hope tevez stayed if not then his replacement will do and oh that said i dont mind frank ribery at all but i just thought i mentioned that if anything, i prefer to see us giving chances to our fringe players like Nani, Anderson & etc rather than buying new players. Fletcher, Park and oshea got that chances this season and they didnt really disappoint.

Oh Wesley Brown too..Cant wait to see him back in action and i hope for both Tevez and Ronaldo to stay.

Most importantly..im excited to know what record will we be breaking next season lol..ok now i sounded like a spoilt fan but i cant really help it lol..:eek:

Here to our 19th title and overtaking liverpool..:p

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
I think it's a little early for Foster to become the number one personally. He's still got plenty of time. 'Keepers don't peak until their early 30s.

I'll hold off on my expectations until after the 27th. ;)

But one hope is Hargreaves, Brown and Neville back to full fitness, as well as some consistency from Nani and Berbatov.
Tell that to Casillas & Buffon. Also Frey and Júlio César. Buffon is the only one over 30

& they've been performing at their best for years now.

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
i hope nani gets shown the exit door --- he is gash

i hope to see more of macheda

vds will still be keeper

hargreaves will be like a new signing if fixed properly

and hopefully berbatov will show why ferguson thought he was worth 30 mill

Above everything we must keep ronaldo ---- no pre season ,recovering from major surgery ,double marked most of the time yet still top scorer in the prem .

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'd first of all like to see Owen Hargreaves make a successful comeback from his tendinitis woes.

I'd also like to see the introduction of a left winger, top choice by a mile being Ribery, but the likes of Young, Mata or Silva would also be a big boost to us.

I'd also like to see the squad stay together as their seems to be a strong bond between them, but if Tevez is to leave I'd like to see an out and out goal score brought in which could be a big benefit to us. For me, David Villa would be perfect, along with the likes of Benzema, Eto'o, Henry.

I want to see Anderson and Nani make serious steps up in ability (if still here). If not, to be honest it will be the end of my patience for them. I really hope they do make that leap though.
I think that after a season of settling, being criticised, adapting to our system and feeling like a new boy is out of the way, Dimitar Berbatov will start to really stamp his authority on our team. I doubt he will be prolific as such but he will be having a much bigger effect on games.

I also think Wayne Rooney, if played as a striker or second striker for most of the season, will score more regularly rather than in spells,
I also think he will be a strong contender for Player Of The Year if the team as a whole perform again.

I also think that Scholes, Giggs, and Neville will retire together and it will mark the end of an era, and a new beginning.
Seems quite a few people are saying left winger + ou-and-out goal scorer, which bringsus back to whether we need to retain Tevez.

It will be interesting to see how Nani responds if we do get a winger and whether he'll step if we don't. He needs to start playing consistently and making better decisions. To miimize his little flicks and attempts and speulative through balls.
keep those party pieces for when you're leading 2 or 3-0. Not when you're a goal down chasing the equaliser.

I guess that's why I'm excited by Macheda and Welbeck. At such a tender age, they are already demonstrating more maturity/sensible decisions than Nani.

But like I've said, Nani has bags of natural talent and decision-making can be honed. It's whether he starts making them sooner rather than later that will determine his fate at Old Trafford.

I forgot to mention that I would really like to see Possebon play more often. When he signed for united he made an instant impact in the reserves and did wel until he got injured by Pogatetz and he really has captured my interest. He's very cool on the ball and has a great range of passing. he just needs to develope the mental side of the game.

Needs a bit more fire in the belly and determination, but he is a good prospect.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

vds will still be keeper

Above everything we must keep ronaldo ---- no pre season ,recovering from major surgery ,double marked most of the time yet still top scorer in the prem .

A bit harsh on Nani, but otherwise I think most fans will have those hopes for next season.

How harsh was I on Ronaldo last summer. I was so stung by him/his advisors trying to manouvre a deal in public. It really hurt.

it still does in a way, but he has once again proven his class. As you've said, he's always double marked and one of the most fouled players in the premier league AND still managed to be top scorer. wonderful player.

I hope he cuts out the whigning though.

Can't wait for Hargreaves though. What a determined and versatile player to have. I really pray he will be back 100%

·
Registered
3,242 Posts

vds will still be keeper

apart from nani being gash i agree , i still live in hope nani will come good :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hargreaves returning will be brilliant for the squad.

I would also like to see a deathly instinctive striker move into the squad. I don't mind seeing Carlos go, and I really hope that Berbatov will prove his worth next year.

And my final hope is that Giggs will never, EVER retire :)

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
I saw a quote from Fergie saying that he thinks Danny Welbeck is 'certain to make it' and that he has 'told Fabio Capello he will be in the 2010 World Cup squad' so I'm expecting big things from Welbeck next season.

Where does that leave Macheda? Who knows? But with or without Tevez we will have some very exciting attacking options next season.

I'm expecting us to sign a winger in the summer because Nani has been very poor this season, we've not seen much of Tosic and Ronaldo has spent a lot of time up front so we've had to continuously play Rooney out of position on the wing.

In terms of trophies, retaining the Premier League, as always, should be the priority but, as I've said for the last couple of seasons, I'd love us to win the FA Cup. It's been 5 years since we won it and it's the one trophy the likes of Rooney haven't lifted yet.

If we win the Champions League next week then we'll not only be the first team to retain the Champions League but I'm guessing we'll be the first team to have a chance of retaining the Club World Cup. (Feel free to tell me who's managed that feat before if I'm wrong.) The Club World Cup and Super Cup are not really important trophies but they are trophies I would expect us to win if we are involved in those competitions.

Could we win all 7 next season? Probably not, but it'd be fantastic to be able to have that as a goal. The quality of the squad at Fergie's disposal is frightening and I am sure we will continue to be a major force domestically and in Europe.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I saw a quote from Fergie saying that he thinks Danny Welbeck is 'certain to make it' and that he has 'told Fabio Capello he will be in the 2010 World Cup squad' so I'm expecting big things from Welbeck next season.

Where does that leave Macheda? Who knows? But with or without Tevez we will have some very exciting attacking options next season.

I'm expecting us to sign a winger in the summer because Nani has been very poor this season, we've not seen much of Tosic and Ronaldo has spent a lot of time up front so we've had to continuously play Rooney out of position on the wing.

In terms of trophies, retaining the Premier League, as always, should be the priority but, as I've said for the last couple of seasons, I'd love us to win the FA Cup. It's been 5 years since we won it and it's the one trophy the likes of Rooney haven't lifted yet.

If we win the Champions League next week then we'll not only be the first team to retain the Champions League but I'm guessing we'll be the first team to have a chance of retaining the Club World Cup. (Feel free to tell me who's managed that feat before if I'm wrong.) The Club World Cup and Super Cup are not really important trophies but they are trophies I would expect us to win if we are involved in those competitions.

Could we win all 7 next season? Probably not, but it'd be fantastic to be able to have that as a goal. The quality of the squad at Fergie's disposal is frightening and I am sure we will continue to be a major force domestically and in Europe.
yup..aim for the sky lads...there's nothing wrong with that :first:

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Would like the league and Champions league again and probably being greedy here the Fa Cup would be a nice bonus.
I wold like to see more consistency, and would love to see us playing some of the beautiful football we played last season. We were good this year but nowhere near the same level as 2007-08 season.
Be nice to see Nani and the da silva twins involed more and hopefully this will be the year Ando becomes a man and becomes first choice for midfield. I know we have wellbeck, macheda, with manucho and Campbell returning from loan, but I think we still need an out and out striker. We can sell Manucho, he ain't United quality. We only paid about 500k for him and could probably sell him for anything between 2 -3m.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.