Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
England might get it, but here in Australia, the rumours are that we are also front runners. When is it announced?

·
Registered
406 Posts
Didnt South Africa compete with Germany and England forthe 2006 world cup ? After the rotation policey was abandoned, I think we're gonna be seeing a very open race to host the competition. I wouldnt be surprised to see Canada enter the frame as well.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Yeah your right the rules have changed, it's only countries from the past two continents worth of world cups that can't bid now, so that will be african and south american countires ruled out.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Yeah, your right. If Canada did bid to host it, I think they have as good of a chance as england. They will have the support of the countries that were against canceling the rotation system, as it was north americas turn next. And you never know, Fifa has more politics behind the closed doors than the UN.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
The only real plus i see for us is that sepp blatter likes the idea of a 2018 england world cup and he normally has a dislike of england and it's football/

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
So England and Australia are going to bid, maybe Canada, and also maybe the U.S. I'd be fine with any of these countries hosting it in 2018.

·
Registered
788 Posts
China will right up there to host, I think if the 2008 Olympics next year go well, We could well see the WC in China.

It mad talking about a WC 11 years away, Still another two to happen yet, I laughed yesterday when the paper started doing their line ups of the English 2018 team, Gazza's son, Brooklyn, Romeo Beckham, etc.... LMAO!!

And you know what the Aussie's are like, They love their sport and i can see them staging a good WC.

Anyway if South Africa are not ready for 2010 FIFA said that England will stand in so the WC could be here before soon!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts