Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thats how many more points United need from 11 games before we are Premier League champions (AGAIN) and thats only if the others take a maximum 30 points from their remaining 10 games.

23 Points to get rid of Chelsea and Liverpool
17 points to get rid of Aston Villa
14 points to get rid of Arsenal
10 Points to get rid of Everton
4 Points to get rid of West Ham

Below that no-one can mathematically win the league.

Remaining Games in alphabetical order.

Home

Arsenal
Aston Villa
Liverpool
Man City
Portsmouth
Tottenham

Away

Fulham
Hull
Middlesbrough
Sunderland
Wigan

I honestly can't see where we are going to drop points.
Hull and Wigan away maybe as they will be fighting for points, so possibly draws.
Pool and Sh!tty FFS ..nooooooo !!! Le Arse... they can have a point if they are lucky.
Fulham, Spuds, Sunderland and Borough i'd expect 3 points.
Villa, Portsmouth ????????

No way can i see any of the others in the running taking maximum points for all their remaining 10 games.

Thoughts anyone ?

or is it like Obama said.....YES WE CAN. :thumbsup:

·
23,699 Posts
Like I said, barring a supernatural collapse a la Newcastle, I don't see how we can throw it away. More so when we are playing the better teams at home. Even more so when we have some of our "true fans" cheering them on. :thumbsup:

Equalling Liverpoo's record will definitely take away their last joy, pride and boasting rights. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hope we can wrap up the third of the quintuple sooner than later to focus on the last two. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

You know what? I am secretly hopeful we will do the unthinkable quintuple with our current form and resilience. As a matter of fact, we are actually not that far off for the other two!

BELIEVE. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
Like I said, barring a supernatural collapse a la Newcastle, I don't see how we can throw it away. More so when we are playing the better teams at home. Even more so when we have some of our "true fans" cheering them on. :thumbsup:

Equalling Liverpoo's record will definitely take away their last joy, pride and boasting rights. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hope we can wrap up the third of the quintuple sooner than later to focus on the last two. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

You know what? I am secretly hopeful we will do the unthinkable quintuple with our current form and resilience. As a matter of fact, we are actually not that far off for the other two!

BELIEVE. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
liverpoo will still be bragging about european cup tally so fergie cant leave till we have equalled that as well

·
23,699 Posts
liverpoo will still be bragging about european cup tally so fergie cant leave till we have equalled that as well
You spoilt my rhythm. :frown:

Yeah, they won the League Cup 7 times too...

"So fergie cant leave till we have equalled that as well." :thumbsup:

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
You spoilt my rhythm. :frown:

Yeah, they won the League Cup 7 times too...

"So fergie cant leave till we have equalled that as well." :thumbsup:
they have won more merseyside derbies than us as well --sir alex needs reminding of that too:blink:

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Thats how many more points United need from 11 games before we are Premier League champions (AGAIN) and thats only if the others take a maximum 30 points from their remaining 10 games.

23 Points to get rid of Chelsea and Liverpool
17 points to get rid of Aston Villa
14 points to get rid of Arsenal
10 Points to get rid of Everton
4 Points to get rid of West Ham

Below that no-one can mathematically win the league.

Remaining Games in alphabetical order.

Home

Arsenal
Aston Villa
Liverpool
Man City
Portsmouth
Tottenham

Away

Fulham
Hull
Middlesbrough
Sunderland
Wigan

I honestly can't see where we are going to drop points.
Hull and Wigan away maybe as they will be fighting for points, so possibly draws.
Pool and Sh!tty FFS ..nooooooo !!! Le Arse... they can have a point if they are lucky.
Fulham, Spuds, Sunderland and Borough i'd expect 3 points.
Villa, Portsmouth ????????

No way can i see any of the others in the running taking maximum points for all their remaining 10 games.

Thoughts anyone ?

or is it like Obama said.....YES WE CAN. :thumbsup:
Mate,

I have full confidence that we can take this Arsenal team at OT.

I cannot see Hull getting a draw against us, so I'm going to say we will only get draws against Villa and Wigan.

However, United never seem to do it the easy way, so there might be a slight hicup / blip AFTER we beat Liverpool :)

Nothing to cause concern though and would not be surprised if we finished the season on or above 90 points.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
the only games i see us dropping points are the games against arsenal and boro, and possibly tottenham. we shld claim victory in all other games.

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
IMO Villa are slowly been found out, they are running out of steam and i think it's gonna be one of our easy home fixtures.
The GOOners are a worry, they always raise there game against us and maybe they can nick a point. I can see them having a strong season finish and overtake Villa just like they did with Spurs 2years ago.

We have a few tricky away fixtures, Wigan, Boro, Fulham and even Sunderland. Expect to drop 2 at least and possibaly 4 points here.

·
hates City
2,913 Posts
I hope we'll win the PL after our win with shitty at OT, so we wouldn't worry for the last two games with arsenal and hull. I see chelski as the biggest threat

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
I think we'll kill Arsenal at home to be honest. Those totals will shrink as other teams drop points as well. Hopefully we can kill the league off quickly.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I can't see us not winning the League.

It would be great if Chelsea and Liverpoo drop points though, so we can wrap it up earlier but that might be seen as being a bit greedy ;) :D.

·
Registered
141 Posts
worst case scenario but if we go out to inter and slip up saturday then only liverpool and chelsea will be dreaming of a league and champions league double ,i know its highly unlikely but you cant predict football things change quickly and im just ticking the games off one by one

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
Has anybody got Chelsea and Liverpool's remaining fixtures by chance? Would be good to be able to compare

·
Registered
915 Posts
Liverpool:-

Fixtures

Man Utd v Liverpool
Liverpool v Aston Villa
Fulham v Liverpool
Liverpool v Blackburn
Liverpool v Arsenal
Hull v Liverpool
Liverpool v Newcastle
West Ham v Liverpool
West Brom v Liverpool
Liverpool v Tottenham

Chelsea:-
Fixtures

Chelsea v Man City
Tottenham v Chelsea
Newcastle v Chelsea
Chelsea v Bolton
Chelsea OFF Everton
West Ham v Chelsea
Chelsea v Fulham
Arsenal v Chelsea
Chelsea v Blackburn
Sunderland v Chelsea

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts

Fixtures

Man Utd v Liverpool
Liverpool v Aston Villa
Fulham v Liverpool
Liverpool v Blackburn
Liverpool v Arsenal
Hull v Liverpool
Liverpool v Newcastle
West Ham v Liverpool
West Brom v Liverpool
Liverpool v Tottenham

Chelsea:-
Fixtures

Chelsea v Man City
Tottenham v Chelsea
Newcastle v Chelsea
Chelsea v Bolton
Chelsea OFF Everton
West Ham v Chelsea
Chelsea v Fulham
Arsenal v Chelsea
Chelsea v Blackburn
Sunderland v Chelsea
Thanks very much for posting that, a lot of potential slip-ups for both teams there.

·
Registered
915 Posts

Fixtures

Man Utd v Liverpool United
Liverpool v Aston Villa Liverpool
Fulham v Liverpool Draw
Liverpool v Blackburn Liverpool
Liverpool v Arsenal Draw
Hull v Liverpool Liverpool
Liverpool v Newcastle Liverpool