Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey friends what do think if SAF line up 3 - 4 - 3 against scousers shall we try against boro lol:D

-----------------------------------------VDS---------------------------------------

-------------------vidic--------- -----rio-----------------Evra--------------------

----nani-----------anderson----------schole--------------fletcher/( )

-------Tevez---------------------Berbatov--------------Rooney

Or

--------------------------------------VDS----------------------------------------

Brown--------------------vidic-------------- ---rio---------evra-------------

----------------------------------schole----------------------------------------

---------------nani-----------------------------andersson------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------Rooney
--------------tevez------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------berbatov---------------------------------

Z

·
0 Posts
No chance. We'll always play with a back four.

I can't actually think of a single team that uses a three man defence.

·
Arse Bandito
1,527 Posts
i can never see us playing without a back four. one option that might be similar to a back three would be a bit more like your second option. a holding midfielder, a more central midfielder, nani on the right, rooney coming from the left, with tevez just off berbatov. we know how much rooney needs to play up top, so he would come inside far more, almost as another striker off berbatov, freeing up the left for evra to play as a wingback, and carry on making the runs?

maybe...

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
When Ronaldo is back I'll be interested to see whether United try the 4-2-3-1 formation England tried against the Czech Rep...

VDS
Brown Rio Vidic Evra
Scholes Carrick
Ronaldo Tevez Rooney
Berbatov

If I was an opposition defender that would make my knees tremble!

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Umm Carrick should be back for the Poo game plus Anderson last I heard coped a minor knock and was taken out from the Brazil squad...Giggs should also be back. The only player who should be injured would be Ronaldo and I don't know the update on Manucho....why doesn't Man United or Fergie ever talk about him after his work permit came in? lol

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Blade said:
No chance. We'll always play with a back four.

I can't actually think of a single team that uses a three man defence.
Australia did under Guus Hiddink and it was awesome! Thats how we made it to Germany in the world cup 2006 and qualified in a group with Brazil, Croatia and Japan!

·
Registered
601 Posts
with counter attacking football, end to end games, 3 defenders is a risk, its ok in italy because its a slow pace but in england you have many teams that take attacking risks, and it would be a risk to play 3 defenders

·
Banned
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well for me the second one is more better with it we can change player like schole for carrick fletcher or park for ando and i think andersson is injured but no official news about it yet i hope not

when ronaldo return it will be interesting to watch R T R B lol the 4 fantastic

lol when they will talk about big 4 lol
people will say yes Rooney Tevez Ronaldo Berbatov you mean lol

hehehe

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
the second team most probably...when ronnie comes i dont who will leave our team...most probably rooney with his current form....but i really hope that berba,tevez and rooney fire it up out there!!!!!!!!!!
and when ronnie comes him too ;)

·
Registered
47 Posts
No way will thre be 3 at the back but if it was to happen then brown vidic n rio would be at the back with Evra playing left wing.
Can see this team playing Liverpool:

Usual Defence
Scholes-Carrick-Anderson
Rooney-Berbatov-Tevez

Especially as Gerrard and Torres will be out so they don't really have any major threats.

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
prefer to die than to see 3 defenders only
to much stress and pressure
ever time the other team attacks i would be peeing in my pants :eek:

----Van Der Sar
Nev/Wes/Rafa Rio Vida Evra
------Carrick/Hargreaves/Maybe Possebon
Nani/Slave--Giggs
-------Tevez
Rooney Berbatov

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
No way that we will play 3 at the back..

----------VDS
Brown-Rio-Vida-Evra
-------Ande-Scholes---
-Ronaldo--Tevez--Rooney
-------Berba--------------

·
Registered
47 Posts
abojodeh said:
prefer to die than to see 3 defenders only
to much stress and pressure
ever time the other team attacks i would be peeing in my pants :eek:

----Van Der Sar
Nev/Wes/Rafa Rio Vida Evra
------Carrick/Hargreaves/Maybe Possebon
Nani/Slave--Giggs
-------Tevez
Rooney Berbatov
So you wouldn't play three at the back but you'd play basically 4 strikers a 36 year old left winger and only one central midfielder?

·
Registered
21 Posts
sparkic said:
Umm Carrick should be back for the Poo game plus Anderson last I heard coped a minor knock and was taken out from the Brazil squad...Giggs should also be back. The only player who should be injured would be Ronaldo and I don't know the update on Manucho....why doesn't Man United or Fergie ever talk about him after his work permit came in? lol
Manucho is currently injured, he picked up a metatarsal injury in pre-season. He should be back about the time Ronaldo comes back. Now that we have Berbatov he may be loaned out or be a regular bench warmer.

I'd go for..

VDS

Brown Ferdinand Vidic Evra

Park Scholes Carrick Giggs

Rooney Berbatov

Tevez on the bench. Hard decision but Rooney is vital, lets see how he plays with a Berbatov for support. No way can we go for a three man midfield. We need the width (now that we have Berbatov) and we need the string pullers in midfield.

Also remember, Berbatov hasn't played much first team football lately. International break coming up, lets see how he performs for Bulgaria. If he seems to be lacking match fitness, then he is on the bench no questions asked and its the usual Rooney/Tevez combo.

As some one mentioned before, no Torres and Gerrard for Liverpool game but that doesn't mean it will be easy and we can throw all three strikers on together. We are used to 4-4-2, lets not change what works so well. We need to be professional.

·
Registered
524 Posts
thinking the same formation as Luky7, that is:

VDS
Brown-Rio-Vida-Evra
---Anderson-Scholes---
--Ronaldo--Tevez--Rooney
-------Berba--------------

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
mather23 said:
So you wouldn't play three at the back but you'd play basically 4 strikers a 36 year old left winger and only one central midfielder?
not playing 3 strikers
Tevez as a attacking midfielder
and am playing Carrick as Holding midfielder
my basic formation is 4-4-2 but it comes out like this
4-1-2-1-2

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
4-4-2 without a doubt.......... like 99 i think! When we rotated our strikers.
Tevez could be on the bench the most,
Berbatov will paly alot with Rooney or Tevez playing off him.

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
We have to play with 4 at the back and build the team around that system.

I'd drop Rooney to be honest when Ronaldo gets back.

VDS

normal back four

Hargreaves Carrick Scholes Ronaldo

Tevez Berbatov

Asuming all players are fit that's our strongest team i think.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts