Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tosic, Eckersley and Fabio all made their debuts against Spurs.
This must be a first for United?

So what can we expect from these 3 players?

·
Arse Bandito
1,527 Posts
all have bright futures, and all showed potential when they were on the pitch.
after the money spent, tosic will be given a long time and looked alright, if a bit lacking in match fitness, which was obviously expected.
eckersley showed some good attacking skills and i'm sure is an accomplished defender, having picked up reserve player of the year last year.
fabio showed a lot of similarities to his twin. pacy, attacking, tenacious and flies into challenges. shame about his injury.

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
Fabio impressed me. It seems we have two future stars in him and his brother. Tosic wasn't that good, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for his first few months, as the Premiership is difficult to adapt to. Eckersley will struggle, with our defence being so good already.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
Tosic - Seemed understandably nervous at first, but began to settle and seemed to be quick and alert, seemed to be good at keeping the ball too. Did some good tracking back. A good free kick delivery too. I don't think we'll see the best of him until next season. Its hard to say we we can expect from him, he could flurish into a great player, or just be a decent squad player, but at just a few million we have nothing to lose really. What I will say we can expect though is that he won't give the ball away half the time he gets it like Park and Nani.

Fabio
- I'm seriously excited by this guy. His dribbling was top, he was composed especially for his competitive debut, his decision making was good, he knew when to release the ball and who to pass to, he won a lot of tackles and wasn't caught out in defense once. I know there's no guarantees that anybody will become world class, but I really think this guy, along with his brothers, are going to be big, big players for us.

Eckersly
- Well, being that that was the first time I've seen him play, I really can't be making any form of predictions about him. But what I will say is that he did no wrong in my eyes, had a good turn of pace, and showed great confidence bursting forward for a defender on their debut.

·
Member of the Year 2012 & 2013
43,917 Posts
Cant wait to see Fabio and Rafael on each side blasting forward, Eckersley was confident and did well, tosic great touch and an awesome delivery from his cross and the free kick - nervous at first but he'll adapt - same as the strength thing

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Obviously it's quite hard to judge them atm, but from the Spurs game;

Fabio really impressed me. Going forward he was fantastic, especially when he chested the ball past the defender and sprinted round the other side and put a fantastic cross in. He was even pretty good defensively, winning some balls with some great challenges. It was unfortunate he got injured, and he looked really quite disappointed which is understandable.

Tosic also looked good. He kept things simple. He also tracked back quite a bit, and won a tackle or two. He looks to be a good team player, which is positive at this early stage. He also has good delivery, and definitely offers us another option.

Eckersley looked pretty average imo. He didn't get a lot of the ball, and didn't do anything wrong, but I don't think he's good enough to make it here tbh.

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
And players making their debut is the only advantage i can see in having an injury crisis.
They all impressed considering it was their first appearance, but i think only Fabio and Tosic will be familiar faces in some time from now.
And Eckersley, although he is one of the young lads i really believe in, will be gone with the others who left OT for a better future.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
At the very top level, a player's first touch can really make the difference between squad player and regular starter.

I thought Fabio did very well and was possibly our best player in the first half, even if Scholes and Berba scored the goals. He has the same confidence as his brother, looked calm and confident.

His little bursts, ball control, dribbling and crossing caused Spurs problems. He didn't get caught out defensively which was good.

Tosic looked a bit nervous at first, but got better as the game progressed.
As I've mentioned in the Tosic thread he kept passing the ball back to the perso who just passed to him, but when he got confident, he got forward with the ball and caused a bit of problems in the box.
His free kick was good.
His slight build is a concern for me though.

Eckersly looked very nervous at first, but manage to shake it off and even got forward twice. His first touch and confidence are nowhere near Rafael or Fabio though.

Neither is his ball control.

I have seen him in the reserves and I feel he is a determined, committed player, who plays to win. It's difficult to say at this stage, but I can't see Eckersley getting infront of Danny Simpson or Rafael, so do not envisage hi future at OT, seeing as he's older than the twins.

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
All three looked pretty calm didnt they .

Tosic- looked nervey at first but it was his first taste of English football but once he calmed he played some lovely passes and looked neat and tidy on the ball.

Fabio- Looked a carbon copy of his brother and any player who can keep David Bentley pinned back is good in my eyes and he did it on his debut.

Eckersley- I was at his brother Adams debut a few years ago and you could see similarites in them . Whilst I think his future will lie away from Old Trafford he looked solid and calm on the ball.

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,077 Posts
Fabio/Tosic looked like they had been there for years.As for Eckersley,it is alot harder to judge him brought on when he was,he got skinneda couple of times,but tidied up quite well when he had too.Im just wondering if there are stronger people in that role.I can see him maybe staying in the EPL but at our place ,im not sure.Obviously he needs more than a 3rd of a game to show his worth and for us to make a proper judgement.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Tosic, Eckersley and Fabio all made their debuts against Spurs in January.
How many debutants can we expect against Hull on Sunday?
Answers on a postcard please.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts