Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most of the time it's Carlos Tevez dropping deep while Wayne Rooney waits up top. I think positions are more static than some would like to believe.

I always see Carlitos dropping deep, holding off a player, then sliding a pass out wide. Wazza does much more damage when he's allowed to play much deeper.

I remember in his first two seasons that the most exciting sight was when he'd receive the ball just inside the opposition half, cutting in from the left flank. It seemed like he really relished those situations too, when he'd let the ball run past him before taking his first touch .....We never see that any more.

Because they are two of our best players, so rather than competing for one spot, they should be in the same team. 2 is better than 1. Personally I think our formation will look something like this next season:

-------------Striker (?)-----------

--Ronaldo-----Rooney------Tevez

---------Anderson---Scholes------

Evra--------Rio------Vidic-----RB (?)

-------------VDS/Foster----------

I know some ppl may slate me for this. But frankly speaking, that's the only way where the 'Triple-Threat' aka CR7, Wazza & Carlitos to excel all on the same night. So what do you guys think about this matter? Should we use a 4-2-3-1 formation more regularly?

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
we have anderson who can play a holding role but his real position is attacking mid....then we have no direct wingers.....ronaldo being the only one....tevz will go to the middle.....scholes is an attacking midfielder and you put him behind rooney??? why did we buy nani for 18 mill pounds,if it was to keep him in the bench????? the only part good about it is the defense which should not change....

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
The theory is great ...

But look what Spurs did last week ... :eek:

They annoyed the hell out of United ...

So much so that United looked very poor ...

With this formation they would have soon fallen back to 4-5-1 ...

Retreating ...

And we dont like to see that !!

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
where's the holding midfielder, you saw what happened yesterday when hargreaves was mysteriously left on the bench and super idiot nani started...

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
eoininho said:
where's the holding midfielder, you saw what happened yesterday when hargreaves was mysteriously left on the bench and super idiot nani started.....
I know that Nani didn't perform well in that derby clash against Shitty. But unlike a certain 'best player of the world' CR7, he is still not considered simply anonymous in the match yet.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I don't think that formation will work. First, we only have Ronaldo as a winger. Second, Tevez and Rooney behind Manucho/Saha might work, but not with both Scholes and Anderson in the midfield. As we've seen before, they don't work well together, as they both try to dictate the play. It's one or the other. Last, we'd have no holding midfielder. Hargreaves has to be part of the plan I believe. Here's what I think:

----------van der Sar-------------
Neville--Vidic--Ferdinand--Evra
-----------Hargreaves-----------
Ronaldo--------------------Giggs
------------Anderson------------
-----Tevez-----------------------
----------------Manucho--------

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Grif SA said:
----------van der Sar-------------
Neville--Vidic--Ferdinand--Evra
-----------Hargreaves-----------
Ronaldo--------------------Giggs
------------Anderson------------
-----Tevez-----------------------
----------------Manucho--------
No Rooney? :confused:
We cant seem to play well when he is out of the team, so i would have thought he would start every game if fit.

·
Registered
17 Posts
THe Manchester united formation

Vandersar

Vidic--------------------------------------Evra
West Brown----------------------------Pique
Hargrieves----------------------------Carrick
Ronaldo---- -------------------------------anderson--------------------------giggz
tevez rooney

-----------------------------------------------------( O )----------------------------------------------

West brown skilled, agressive, man marker
Vidic.... -- technical player.. doesn't take chances
Pique -- ferdinade is making the same mistake that cost united the title couple year bck
Evra ---fast, good in the air, wins ball, unpredictable
Ronaldo--snake squize by u. kno what he is gonna do before he gets the ball
Hargrieves---defensive player..
Anderson---defend, and attack, perfect central midfielder, great vision
Carrick Control's the game , confident on ball. great vision
Giggs vision, doesn't waist time,
Tevez goal hungry,
Rooney get chances.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
No Rooney? :confused:
We cant seem to play well when he is out of the team, so i would have thought he would start every game if fit.
Well where would we put him? At this point in time, Manucho is scoring (or was at the ACN), and Tevez has been scoring, but not Rooney. If Manucho turns out to be the out and out striker we need, will we bench Tevez or Rooney? Or do we 4-2-1-3 with Manucho, Tevez, and Rooney up front with Ronaldo roaming behind them and Anderson and Hargo behind him? Or would we stick with Roovez and Manucho as a sub?

Tevez says he wants to go to Boca in 5 years, and Ronaldo isn't staying here his whole career, but I think Rooney might just stay his whole career here. He loves United, and he's passionate, so he might just do it. And if he does, I figure he'll be captain. At which point we would put him in week in and out. I mean, I suppose that SAF could manage 4 quality strikers, a la 99, but if one of them, Rooney, is chosen week in and out, then it's 3 choose 1 not 4 choose 2. Maybe I'm going too much into this...

I suppose we should play Rooney every week, but he needs to start scoring! He's quality, and we've all been praising how he makes opportunities for others, but he's not finishing the chances he gets. So until he does, he could be a top CM. ROONEY START SCORING!

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
JaysUnited said:
THe Manchester united formation

Vandersar

Vidic--------------------------------------Evra
West Brown----------------------------Pique
Hargrieves----------------------------Carrick
Ronaldo---- -------------------------------anderson--------------------------giggz
tevez rooney

-----------------------------------------------------( O )----------------------------------------------

West brown skilled, agressive, man marker
Vidic.... -- technical player.. doesn't take chances
Pique -- ferdinade is making the same mistake that cost united the title couple year bck
Evra ---fast, good in the air, wins ball, unpredictable
Ronaldo--snake squize by u. kno what he is gonna do before he gets the ball
Hargrieves---defensive player..
Anderson---defend, and attack, perfect central midfielder, great vision
Carrick Control's the game , confident on ball. great vision
Giggs vision, doesn't waist time,
Tevez goal hungry,
Rooney get chances.
You do realise thats 11 out-field players and 1 keeper. And it's Wes Brown and hargreaves.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
too many attackers will not work in regular match, unless our opponents intend to sit back and defend and give the ball away every time, ronaldo cant defend, tevez and rooney r strikers naturally, needless to say bout manucho, who to cover the flanks?
we would leak more before we score

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
red_devils4life said:
Most of the time it's Carlos Tevez dropping deep while Wayne Rooney waits up top. I think positions are more static than some would like to believe.

I always see Carlitos dropping deep, holding off a player, then sliding a pass out wide. Wazza does much more damage when he's allowed to play much deeper.

I remember in his first two seasons that the most exciting sight was when he'd receive the ball just inside the opposition half, cutting in from the left flank. It seemed like he really relished those situations too, when he'd let the ball run past him before taking his first touch .....We never see that any more.

Because they are two of our best players, so rather than competing for one spot, they should be in the same team. 2 is better than 1. Personally I think our formation will look something like this next season:

-------------Striker (?)-----------

--Ronaldo-----Rooney------Tevez

---------Anderson---Scholes------

Evra--------Rio------Vidic-----RB (?)

-------------VDS/Foster----------

I know some ppl may slate me for this. But frankly speaking, that's the only way where the 'Triple-Threat' aka CR7, Wazza & Carlitos to excel all on the same night. So what do you guys think about this matter? Should we use a 4-2-3-1 formation more regularly?
your lineup is ok, but don't forget that you can't change a system that's worked for 20 years over the summer

·
23,699 Posts
I don't recall us flourishing under any formation except 4-4-2. Other unorthodox formations have often yielded us unorthodox results.

And to win the Treble, I cried out for 4-4-2 with all my heart and strength, whatever leftover from the citeh game. My first XI:

Rooney---Tevez

Nani/Giggs---Anderson---Hargreaves---Ronaldo

Evra---Ferdinand---Vidic---Brown

VDS​

Don't look at me like that - yes, I am sticking with Nani...:eek:

And touching an extra gigantic piece of wood, if we don't win the Treble this season, only minor changes for the next season is needed. Firstly, I believe our investments will at least start to bear fruit by then and secondly, we are actually pretty good enough, players wise. Maybe changing their mindset is all that is needed. My first XI:

Rooney---Tevez/Manucho

Nani---Anderson---Hargreaves---Ronaldo

Evra---Ferdinand---Vidic---??? (Not Brown)

VDS/Foster​

Don't look at me like that - told you already about Nani...;)

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
versa said:
I don't recall us flourishing under any formation except 4-4-2. Other unorthodox formations have often yielded us unorthodox results.

And to win the Treble, I cried out for 4-4-2 with all my heart and strength, whatever leftover from the citeh game. My first XI:

Rooney---Tevez

Nani/Giggs---Anderson---Hargreaves---Ronaldo

Evra---Ferdinand---Vidic---Brown

VDS​

Don't look at me like that - yes, I am sticking with Nani...:eek:

And touching an extra gigantic piece of wood, if we don't win the Treble this season, only minor changes for the next season is needed. Firstly, I believe our investments will at least start to bear fruit by then and secondly, we are actually pretty good enough, players wise. Maybe changing their mindset is all that is needed. My first XI:

Rooney---Tevez/Manucho

Nani---Anderson---Hargreaves---Ronaldo

Evra---Ferdinand---Vidic---??? (Not Brown)

VDS/Foster​

Don't look at me like that - told you already about Nani...;)
I agree with all of that more or less.

442 is United. When we go switching formaton it hardly ever works.

Just because we have the players to play the 4-2-3-1 formation doesn't mean it will let us see the best out the players.

CRO said:
your lineup is ok, but don't forget that you can't change a system that's worked for 20 years over the summer
Exactly.

·
Registered
573 Posts
if u want to play 4-2-3-1 then i think Tevez will have to be left out :eek: as we have to play Rooney like we showed at the weekend so therefore my formation will be... (Even though personly id paly 4-4-2 as it works best)

-------VDS-------
---Neville---Rio---Vidic---Evra-----
------Hargreaves---Scholes-------
--Ronaldo-----Anderson----Giggs---
---------------Rooney----------------

Kuszazk(however u spell it) O.Shea, Carrick, Nani, Tevez

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yeah, like the look of this !!! Not sure about Anderson / Scholes in dual holding mid though - Though they looked weak on Sunday Hargreaves / Anderson would be a more effective combination !!!!!

Would like to see Zlatan Ibrahimovic as the lead striker !!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts