Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the theory behind it look's dangerous you have three quality strikers reciving alot of attention and pocession of the ball.

ive watched us play in this way before i feel we play better football and if we could adapt to this change i belive its the way forward for a team that is good at passing the ball.

tevez and rooney could drop of to the midfield and win balls and pace around. we could play as a more dominating team. berbatov waiting to see if he can make assist or some magic.

i dont play any of this football manager or anything ( which i think is far from the real thing) but my opinion is if we can adapt to a change it may improve our performance and stat's

just an opinion dont flame

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
4-4-2 is the way to go for me, with 4-3-3 occasionally but thats just personal preference.

I was just wondering though, about what your starting 11 would be? If we had Tevez, Berbatov and Rooney up front, surely that would leave no room for Ronaldo?

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Teves , rooney and berbatov could work but one things for sure you could'nt fit ronaldo in aswell it would leave us short of defence cover

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
red dave said:
Teves , rooney and berbatov could work but one things for sure you could'nt fit ronaldo in aswell it would leave us short of defence cover
attack is the best defence friend.

we could put ronaldo into them starting 3 strikers and rotate tevez, rooney, berba, ronaldo balenced :D ok comprende

this time we wanna win games in style, also what really annoys me we dont get praised enough while arsenal get all the praises for their youngers and talent even though in alot of areas were better :mad:

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
comprende lol!!

look maybe it could work im just giving my opinion I cant see it though real madrid tried it a few years ago and spurs played with 5 attacking players during klinsmans time there but guess what they all conceded more than they scored

z

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
red dave said:
comprende lol!!

look maybe it could work im just giving my opinion I cant see it though real madrid tried it a few years ago and spurs played with 5 attacking players during klinsmans time there but guess what they all conceded more than they scored

z
and barca are scoring goals for fun lol without conceding many.

as i think we agree on- its just one of them things we will have to try :cool:

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Or not.

4-3-3 isn't ever 4-3-3. It's 4-5-1, yet 4-3-3 when attacking. But we're 2-2-6 when attacking anyway.

4-4-2, the United way.

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
correct maybe we could try it against someone you make a good point with barca though

well done in gettin me to agree with you !

a

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
Stephen said:
Or not.

4-3-3 isn't ever 4-3-3. It's 4-5-1, yet 4-3-3 when attacking. But we're 2-2-6 when attacking anyway.

4-4-2, the United way.
That's rubbish.

People inapropriately call the 4-5-1 a 4-3-3 but they're wrong.
We once had a 5 man midfield and a lone striker; Giggs, Scholes, Veron, Keane, Beckham and Van Nistelrooy. But it was never called a 4-3-3 because Giggs and Beckham aren't strikers.

If we played with three central midfielders and three strikers then it would always be a 4-3-3 as none out of Rooney, Tevez and Berbatov are wingers.

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Yes because when we play with this midfield away from home in europe:

Ronaldo Scholes Carrick Fletcher Rooney

It is no way a 4-5-1, is it?

Course it is. AS the two of the front 3, come back into midfield.

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
Ronaldo Scholes Carrick Fletcher Rooney

No, that's evidently a 4-4-2, Rooney + Berbatov upfront, ronaldo on the left, Fletcher on the right and Carrick and Scholes in the middle.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
--------------------Scholes----------Carrick-----------Anderson

Ronaldo----------------------Berbatov---------------------X

We have no left winger. Plus Rooney is wasted in the wide positions.

I think 4-4-2 has gotten the job done long enough, plus our team is already built for it anyway.

·
HODOR!
7,033 Posts
No i think we should stick to 4-4-2 but use this an odd time

.....................VDS

.Brown.....Rio........Vidic.....Evra

...Ronaldo...Carrick...Anderson

............Rooney...Tevez...........

...................Berbatov.................

·
Registered
736 Posts
Last time we use three striker up front was against Liverpool isn't it....And we lose that game.....No, i dont agree with 4-3-3, we no chelsea, barca or whatever....Always stick with the 4-4-2 formation.......We lovin it....

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts
I like the Idea, with the lack of left wingers in the side having ronaldo move up top might not be so bad, but defensively we might suffer, especially since our center midfield isnt as strong as it could be either since the injuries.

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
It's fascinating that you all put Ronaldo in a forward position when he has stated more than once that he is a winger.

If we have four defenders and the following; Ronaldo, Carrick, Hagreaves, Giggs, Rooney, Berbatov then we are playing a 4-4-2 not a 4-3-3 as Ronaldo A. is a winger and B. if he was a striker we'd only have one winger on the pitch and no team has ever played with a sole winger.

·
Banned
292 Posts
---------------------------------------------------------Berbatov

------------------------------------------Tosic---------Anderson------Ronaldo

---------------------------------------------------Carrick-----Scholes

-------------------------------------------Evra---------------------------R.Silva

--------------------------------------------------Ferdinand---Vidic

-------------------------------------------------------Van Der Sar

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
Banana-rama said:
---------------------------------------------------------Berbatov

------------------------------------------Tosic---------Anderson------Ronaldo

---------------------------------------------------Carrick-----Scholes

-------------------------------------------Evra---------------------------R.Silva

--------------------------------------------------Ferdinand---Vidic

-------------------------------------------------------Van Der Sar
I'd put Fletcher instead of Anderson, but otherwise, very good team.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts