Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a perennial detractor of Tevez, I've been calling out for the 4-5-1
for a long time, I remember the 4-5-1 of 01, Beckham, Scholes, Keane,
Veron, Giggs, Van Nistelrooy, no words required.

Anyway, I remember last year when we'd use it sometimes in Europe,
we've got the players and, considering Berbatov's lack of form and
Tevez's lack of talent, I think it's the formation for us. With the
creativity coming from our midfield, Ronaldo and Rooney's versatility
and the fantastic, flowing football that we finally got to see today,
I think it's a winner.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
I think we can work the 4-4-2 and the 4-5-1/4-3-3 equally well, just have to pick the right one for the occasion.

Was great last night to see Rooney, Giggs and Ronaldo constantly changing positions, must have been hell for their markers. And it seemed to free Ronaldo up fron being constantly doubled up on like he has been all season.

I for one would be interested to see a front 3 in this formation of:

---------------Macheda
Rooney----------------------Ronaldo

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
ive always thought the best formation involves the two, a 4-4-2 with nominally 2 strikers up front but with one of them dropping off, we therefor have another midfielder when needed. but to be fair the way we play and players we have at our disposal with ronnie coming in with so many goals from out wide we are more flexible in that respect than most toher teams- some of whom seem to play to rigidly in a certain way

·
Banned
1,115 Posts
we've played against a crap team. i wouldnt get very excited about this game , but it can be a step forward.

richie said very well we have to pick the right sistem to match the occasion. i also think we can play 4-4-2 equally well.

·
A curry and a crate of wifebeater please!!
25,242 Posts
4-4-2 with attacking wingers is the only formation for me, short ball passing and quick movement. We've been hoofing it far too much for my liking this season and I think that's where we are going wrong. The midfield has been a bit weak so thats prob why they keep doing it but I love seeing it when we string together a run of passes that drags the opposition all over the place, with an occoisional through/long ball just to stump them but I hate it when it's like tennis with the ball just going back and forward up the length of the pitch, too much like continental football for my liking

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
4-4-2 with attacking wingers is the only formation for me, short ball passing and quick movement. We've been hoofing it far too much for my liking this season and I think that's where we are going wrong. The midfield has been a bit weak so thats prob why they keep doing it but I love seeing it when we string together a run of passes that drags the opposition all over the place, with an occoisional through/long ball just to stump them but I hate it when it's like tennis with the ball just going back and forward up the length of the pitch, too much like continental football for my liking
thats more like stoke isnt it? :whistling:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.