Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If we land number 3 in a row --and it is still a big if then fergie could be on verge of another historical feat .

I think the wanderers won it 5 in a row in the 1890s but there were hardly many pro teams then .

What better incentive for old red nose to keep pushing ahead ????

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
Anything can happen in football. The one season since we first won the Premiership where at the season I thought we would not win the title was after Chelsea won their second in a row convincingly, then bought Shevchenco (at the time on of the world's best strikers) and Ballack (one of the best midfielders) and we went and beat them to it! Even if we wrap this season up and add quality in the key areas, we could end up 4th next season, you just can't predict these things.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
I think we can go on and dominate for years to come. Why not 5,6,7 in a row?
Chelsea are getting old, Arsenal are way behind, Liverpool are Liverpool.
We have a great mix of youth and experience with a massive squad full of potential and greatness.
And to think we weren't even that great this season, meaning we didn't hit 5th gear in many games.
I shudder to think what would happen if we really started to play.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
We have a great mix of youth and experience with a massive squad full of potential and greatness.
And to think we weren't even that great this season, meaning we didn't hit 5th gear in many games.
As I said, you just can't predict these things in football - but we have a better chance to have a period of true domination than anybody in history. As you said, there is the youth and experience. I still don't think we have seen anything like the best of Rooney or Ronaldo either. I think people will look back and be amazed there was a team with Ronaldo AND Rooney in it.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
+1

You've said everything I was gonna say there. :thumbsup:

To think we haven't performed to our best this season will put fear into our opponents for next season.
This squad can achieve anything they set themselves too with a perfect balance of youth and experienced players.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
without being toooo cocky I cant see us not winning it again next year, we've raised the bar to almost impossible heights, we just dont look like any1 cant beat us 90% of the time...

Liverpool will be our biggest threat next year, they know for the 1st time that they genuinely can put on a serious title challenge! The threat of United overtaking them with more league titles will be a big incentive for them... the way they've gone about the last 10 games reminds me of us the year before we regained the title, you new we were just off the pace and had Chelsea running scared!

Arsenal are a few players short of a challenge, possibly the year after but they are capable of beating any1 so will have a say in where the title ends up... Chelsea are a long way off it, they need a massive facelift, v aging squad, and I dont fear them!

I would put money on us doing 4 in a row!

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
i really thought this team was gonna take off this season but it hasn't really flowed properly "like a fergie team from the 90'" you can guarantee the old boy will get it right shortly . although the style has not fully gelled properly the success has been amazing and when fergie gets this team purring along they will once again be labelled the dream team , normally when a team wins 2 leagues in sucsession you see a decline in some players but this utd team ain't peaked yet and they could smash a few records if they keep up their efforts .:thumbsup:

·
Registered
74 Posts
If we keep this squad together , I can't see any reason why we won't win it. Giggs and Scholes would be a massive miss but we have the Brazilians and the youngsters to fill. Our squad hasn't even peaked yet.

Keep Ronaldo and Rooney and we'll be fine.

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Chelsea will be better next season. We've been lucky as they have been in turmoil all season off the field.
I agree, Chelsea will be strong. They've done well under Gus and look strong again( who takes over in the summer though). Someone said they're a aging side which i think is ********. Cech, Terry, A.Cole, Cavalho, Boswinga, J.Cole, Kalou, Malouda, Lampard, Essien, Mikel, Anelka and Drogba can all do a good job. Deco and Ballack might struggle next year thats about it IMO.

It will be hard to claim 4 in a row, but possible with the squad of players we have maturing ever year.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Liverpool will be the biggest threat next season..notice that we've lost more games this season compared to them..they've been unlucky with series of draws this season while we on the other hand was lucky with many 1-0 wins..but yeah 1-0 is better than to draw 5-5 no doubt..
I'm sure next season they will do their utmost to ensure they don't repeat the same mistake again..

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.