Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nani v Tottenham
August 26, Old Trafford

A blistering 30-yard drive past Paul Robinson that gave United their first Premier League victory of the season at their fourth attempt.

Cristiano Ronaldo v Portsmouth
January 30, Old Trafford
It was the way the free-kick dipped so quickly after clearing the wall that made it unreachable even by David James who was standing two yards away.

Cristiano Ronaldo v Aston Villa
March 29, Old Trafford
The ball was almost trapped beneath his feet on a heavy surface and he was surrounded by defenders. Cue a side-footed back-flick through Martin Laursen's legs and past Scott Carson.

Nani v Boro
October 27, Old Traford
Cracking Goal.

Paul Scholes v Barcelona
April 29, Old Trafford
An unforced error from Gianluca Zambrotta was met with a single devastating shot from outside the area that left Victor Valdes helpless and United in a European Cup final.

http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/6661/scholesin2.jpg

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
sharafanta7 said:
what about nanis thunderbolt vs spurs
or tevez and rooneys telepathy vs boro?
Thats the 1st one on the list :rolleyes:

I dont think that one should even be in the top 5.....it took a deflection off Tevez
and it would have been saved had it not.

My top 5:
1.Nani vs Boro-Kablammo
2.Tevez vs Boro-Telepathy/Magic
3.Scholes vs Barcelona-How BIG was that thunderbolt.
4/5.Ronaldo vs Villa/Pompey-Both gems.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I would have to go

Nani v 'Boro
Scholes v Barca
Ronaldo v Portsmouth
Tevez v 'Boro
Ronaldo v Aston Villa

I chose that order because...

Nani's was just unstopable, it was pure class.
Scholesey couldn't have hit it much sweeter and what a game to produce a goal like that in
Probably his best free kick at United, Ronaldo found the top, top, far, far corner. It couldn't have been placed any better, David James had no chance
Tevez and Rooney combination took me back to the days of Cole and Yorke, they showed a tremendous understanding
Ronaldo showed brilliant awareness and improvisation to flick the ball home against Villa

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
1.Tevez vs Boro
2.Nani vs Boro
3.Scholes vs Barcelona
4.Ronaldo vs Villa
5.Ronaldo vs Pompey

i prefer teamwork, over individual brilliance

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
My top 5:
1.Nani vs Boro-Kablammo
2.Tevez vs Boro-Telepathy/Magic
3.Scholes vs Barcelona-How BIG was that thunderbolt.
4/5.Ronaldo vs Villa/Pompey-Both gems.
I would go with that as well tbh.

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
Maybe I'm getting old and my memories failing... but didn't Nani score an absolute screamer against Sunderland? Bagged us 3 valuable points which are all the more valuable now that the seasons practically done and we're only above our friendly neighbours in blue on goal difference?

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
dlan4327 said:
Maybe I'm getting old and my memories failing... but didn't Nani score an absolute screamer against Sunderland? Bagged us 3 valuable points which are all the more valuable now that the seasons practically done and we're only above our friendly neighbours in blue on goal difference?
nani?i thought saha scored the winning goal?

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
1. Nani vs Boro
2. Nani vs Spurs
3. Ronaldo vs Pompey
4. Scholes vs Barcelona
5. Ronaldo vs Villa

dlan4327 said:
Nani assisted it from the corner..it was Saha's header

Nani has been immense this season and each goal he has scored was wonderful and he has I think the most assists in the team!

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
For the premiership goals we've scored ...
1st Nani Vs. Boro
2nd Ronaldo Vs Portsmouth
3rd Tevez Vs Boro
4th Nani Vs Spurs
5th Ronaldo Vs Aston Villa

·
Registered
89 Posts
Nani's against Liverpool was similar to the Rooney Tevez combo against Boro, tore them apart.

Also, might not have been flashy but Ronaldo's header in Rome from the most delicate and precise Scholesy cross was top notch also.

Hargreaves f-kick vs Arsenal considering the pressure etc...

Just throwing some alternatives out there...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts