Manchester United Talk banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
Liverpool first is the biggest joke. Atmoshphere wise South American teams, Trukish teams and teams like Red Star Belgrade wipe the floor with the English atmosphere's.

OT is often quiet as anything, but whe the big games come its very good.

The thing about Liverpool, and my scouse loving mate agrees with me, is that when they are winning Anfield is rocking, but if they're losing it is rediculously quiet, even more so than OT (his words, and he goes to all the big European games)

Celtic is the best in Britain, my a mile.

Manutd, Liverpool and Chelsea are rated too high on that list.

G

·
That list has got to be the biggest load of testicles that i've ever seen. (obviously compiled by some ***** head that doesn't go anywhere near football grounds).

Galatasaray and Fenerbahçe would wipe the floor with the dead dippers.
United 5th ??? Come on gimme a break, maybe 10, 15, 20+ years ago i would have agreed but definatly not now.

As The Manc says South American teams, Turkish teams and teams like Red Star Belgrade wipe the floor with the English atmosphere's.

I'm supprised that ANY English team even makes the list.

·
I aim to Misbehave
6,371 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
lol Gaz you got owned :D

Good call on that stadium Sporting. Cracking atmosphere. Its how it should be for 90 minutes.
In all fairness, only Flamengo can really pack that thing pretty much every single game (90 something thousand capacity), with also Botafogo and Fluminense playing there. But the big games, it's rocking, and you know brazilians, every reason they can get to parteh, they parteh!! ;)

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
TheManc said:
Celtic is the best in Britain, my a mile.
Hear Hear! Fenerbahce is definitely up there with Celtic. Turkish stadiums are frightening.

Parkhead, though, is a whole other kettle of fish. Walk in there wearing a Ranger's shirt

and prepare for immediate castration.

G

·
Just had a look at the list again and i noticed something.
I wonder how old and out of date the list is ?
Since some of the grounds are not ones used today
and Maine Road hasn't exsisted since 2003.
So the list must be at least 5 years old.:rolleyes:

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
SALFORD RED said:
Just had a look at the list again and i noticed something.
I wonder how old and out of date the list is ?
Since some of the grounds are not ones used today
and Maine Road hasn't exsisted since 2003.
So the list must be at least 5 years old.:rolleyes:

It seems that way on the list.

But on the link, above the article, it says "Last updated at 11:02 AM on 22nd December 2008" and some of the picturess are fairly recent.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Good point. I wondered that too, it seems old. Isn't Seville's stadium rated highly. From memory Spain used to play their big games there to intimate the opposition as they don't get the same support at the Benabeau and the Nou Camp (as most fans would support the opposition being Catalans)

G

·
manutd004 said:
It seems that way on the list.

But on the link, above the article, it says "Last updated at 11:02 AM on 22nd December 2008" and some of the picturess are fairly recent.
My guess is that it is an old list, rehashed by some lazy journo and a couple of pics added.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
The Turks are football mad. Besiktas didnt even make the list :confused:
Besiktas:

A shout out to the Germans as well. they have designated standing and singing areas with the banter.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts