Manchester United Talk banner
21 - 40 of 112 Posts

·
Banned
1,115 Posts
But surely even out of those games, if you can't handle the pressure for Spurs you're never going to able to handle it for United.

His entire career was in a league where Dirk Kuyt as a prolific goalscorer ffs.

It's a daft choice and I hope to god we don't ever consider signing him.
whats with this Dirk Kuyt thing man ?
i agree with zoran that dutch league has good strikers but crap defences. and that is a fact.

as for Kuyt, he played on a more advanced position in NL than the one he is playing at liverpool.
he is a very important player both for liverpool and dutch national team, and him coming from holland does not show how crap the dutch league is, as you are trying to suggest.
in fact holland is well known for its attack players.

·
Banned
16,006 Posts
whats with this Dirk Kuyt thing man ?
i agree with zoran that dutch league has good strikers but crap defences. and that is a fact.

as for Kuyt, he played on a more advanced position in NL than the one he is playing at liverpool.
he is a very important player both for liverpool and dutch national team, and him coming from holland does not show how crap the dutch league is, as you are trying to suggest.
in fact holland is well known for its attack players.
He played striker for Feyenoord right? He was bought as a striker for Liverpool right? They discovered how poor a striker he actually was and had to move him out onto the wing. It's a poor reflection on the Dutch league and if you can't see that you're fairly blinded.

I never said the dutch league is crap. Don't put words in my mouth ffs. I'm saying it doesn't compare favourly with other leagues and just because you played well there doesn't mean you're a great player. Simple really.

·
Banned
1,115 Posts
He played striker for Feyenoord right? He was bought as a striker for Liverpool right? They discovered how poor a striker he actually was and had to move him out onto the wing. It's a poor reflection on the Dutch league and if you can't see that you're fairly blinded.

I never said the dutch league is crap. Don't put words in my mouth ffs. I'm saying it doesn't compare favourly with other leagues and just because you played well there doesn't mean you're a great player. Simple really.
well that is a pointless sentence. stop saying the obvious.

i dont know as what he was bought by liverpool but i do know he is a very good player.
for the national team he scored just 11 goals in 51 matches. he is not scoring a lot there either, but he is always a first choice in a team full of great attack players. i wonder why.

but let me tell you why i interfered in your discussion with zoran. THE DEBATE WAS ABOUT GOMES, and not about kuyt. your kuyt argument proves nothing in your debate. simple.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Lads this thread has gone completely :eek:fftopic2:

Yee are talking about Gomes and Kuyt more than the actual thread title..!
By the way Gomes is not good enough for United and we should not enquire about his services..;)

·
Banned
16,006 Posts
well that is a pointless sentence. stop saying the obvious.

i dont know as what he was bought by liverpool but i do know he is a very good player.
for the national team he scored just 11 goals in 51 matches. he is not scoring a lot there either, but he is always a first choice in a team full of great attack players. i wonder why.

but let me tell you why i interfered in your discussion with zoran. THE DEBATE WAS ABOUT GOMES, and not about kuyt. your kuyt argument proves nothing in your debate. simple.
Ok simple as, you seem like an idiot, i'm trying to break it down to your term. I have to state the obvious.

Kuyt was bought as a striker. I thought you knew about the dutch league? See what I mean about having to state the obvious with you? He's not scoring alot because he's not that great. He is in the team for balance but that's not why he was bought for Liverpool. He was bought to score goals.

Kuyt again was a simple ******* point. It's a pity you're not smart enough to gte it. Goal keeper save shots, Kuyt was a striker who takes shots? Kuyt scored alot in Holland and could score feck all in England in comparision, right? Gomes was a keeper and it was poor strikers liek Kuyt that were making him look good. kuyt isn't that great a striker but looked like a superstar in the Holland.

Can you grasp that simple point or are you really that stupid?

·
Thank you Sir Alex
5,528 Posts
Nice thread RFR, a welcome distraction from all the Tevez-Berba debate.

1. Strikers: Well I for one want Tevez out as he is very similar to Rooney who is superior to him in every aspect. If we are going to spend some money on a new striker, I'd like it to be someone in the mold of Huntelaar. A fox in the fox type of striker who is capable of leading the line on his own. Tbf, I don't see many quality players in that mold but I do hope we can uncover a gem from somewhere.

I wont be too bothered even if we lose Tevez and sign no replacements. I'd like to see players like Welbeck and Macheda given a fair run in the first team. They both have excellent potential and would be more mature next season. Also Frazer Campbell will be returning next season season. I know he isn't United quality but along with Welbeck and Macheda, he should give a decent cover to our first choice strike partnership of Rooney and Berbatov.

3. Center mid: I think this is our weakest position. I think we need a classy AM. IMO one of the main reasons our strikers venture into the midfield is because of the lack of a proper attacking midfielder that dominates the attacking third of the pitch. If we had someone like Kaka or Gerrard, our strikers would be more content in staying in the box and feeding off from the attacking midfielders service rather than dropping deep and trying to create chances on their own.

Scholes doesn't do that anymore, Carrick never did and Anderson is a mystery. I think someone like Van Der Vaart would be perfect for us. In the DM position, I'm willing to give Hargreaves one more chance. I'm fairly sure that if he can stay injury free next season, he will make the DM position his own. If he gets hurt again, then I say get someone we can depend on.

2. Wings: I'm willing to give Nani one last chance to improve. He has some potential and if he can some how improve his decision making, he could turn into to good winger. We have Tosic who will be more adept to the English game and Ljajic joing us next season. Also if we get Van Der Vaart like I said before, he can play in the left wing as well. We also have Park who is a decent winger himself.

4. Central defense: This is one of our strongest if not THE strongest position. Rio and Vida makes a formidable partnership and Evans is an excellent deputy. If we have Brown fit next season, he can play there as well. I heard we signed some Brazilian CB so we're reasonably covered IMO.

5. Goalkeeper: While VDS has been excellent this season, I doubt he would be able to replicate it next season. I am unconvinced by both Foster and PIG. I feel we need to invest in this department. While football manager recommends players like Asenjo and Akinfeev :p, I really don't know how good these players are in the real world. Someone like Frey would be a top choice IMO.

6. Captaincy: I think its about time we appoint Rio as our new captain. Someone like Hargreaves (if fit), Vida or Rooney can be the vice captain.

Edit: I'd love it if we sign players like Eto'o, Villa, Ribery, Benzema or Buffon. But that's just rubbish paper talk and highly improbable IMO.

·
Banned
1,115 Posts
Ok simple as, you seem like an idiot, i'm trying to break it down to your term. I have to state the obvious.

Kuyt was bought as a striker. I thought you knew about the dutch league? See what I mean about having to state the obvious with you? He's not scoring alot because he's not that great. He is in the team for balance but that's not why he was bought for Liverpool. He was bought to score goals.

Kuyt again was a simple ******* point. It's a pity you're not smart enough to gte it. Goal keeper save shots, Kuyt was a striker who takes shots? Kuyt scored alot in Holland and could score feck all in England in comparision, right? Gomes was a keeper and it was poor strikers liek Kuyt that were making him look good. kuyt isn't that great a striker but looked like a superstar in the Holland.

Can you grasp that simple point or are you really that stupid?
you are contradicting yourelf. you say kuyt was a poor striker and make gomes look good, and then you say he looked like a superstar in holland.
let me tell you why you are wrong. you just proved england defences are better than dutch defences.
if gomes looked good ( as you said) in a league where the number of goals scored per game is huge, then....
btw i agree gomes isnt good enough for us. i would preffer FREY.

i would like a mod to take a look at your post and if that mod agrees with your language i'll quit this forum by myself. so any mod ( except zuco), i want to know about this please.

·
Banned
16,006 Posts
you are contradicting yourelf. you say kuyt was a poor striker and make gomes look good, and then you say he looked like a superstar in holland.
let me tell you why you are wrong. you just proved england defences are better than dutch defences.
if gomes looked good ( as you said) in a league where the number of goals scored per game is huge, then....

i would like a mod to take a look at you post and if that mod agrees with your language i'll quit this forum by myself. so any mod ( except zuco), i want to know about this please.
Poor players 'like' Kuyt being key. If Kuyt was the best can you imagine what the worst was like? These players would make Gomes look good. It's a simple point and the fact you can't grasp it and yet proceed in arguining it's embarrassing.

I see one swear word in the above. I said you seem like an idiot which you do tbf.

And then I asked 'are you that stupid?' Sensitive aren't you.

Threathing to quit the forum over an arguement btw. That's exceptionally pathetic and sad. Ok then. I guess you'll be saying :wave1:

·
Banned
1,115 Posts
Poor players 'like' Kuyt being key. If Kuyt was the best can you imagine what the worst was like? These players would make Gomes look good. It's a simple point and the fact you can't grasp it and yet proceed in arguining it's embarrassing.

I see one swear word in the above. I said you seem like an idiot which you do tbf.

And then I asked 'are you that stupid?' Sensitive aren't you.

Threathing to quit the forum over an arguement btw. That's exceptionally pathetic and sad. Ok then. I guess you'll be saying :wave1:
i have to name some great players that come from holland ? i'll say one name: huntelaar.
btw you know afonso alves who is now in england ? he is crap now. but he scored 7 games in a single match for herenveen. thats the way things are in holland. the defences are poor.
if a player can get easily in a goal scoring position, then it all depends on goalkeeper. thats the way things are in holland.
thats the difference between kuyt, alves from holland and kuyt and alves from england. they cant get in those positions anymore.

in holland its easy to be a good striker. you must have value to prove you are good on other leagues...thats other thing. that proves how tought that league is for goalkeepers.

i hope now you get my point.

and btw, im not sensitive. im not affected by some guy on a forum. it just shows how uncivilised you are.

·
Banned
16,006 Posts
i have to name some great players that come from holland ? i'll say one name: huntelaar.
btw you know afonso alves who is now in england ? he is crap now. but he scored 7 games in a single match for herenveen. thats the way things are in holland. the defences are poor.
if a player can get easily in a goal scoring position, then it all depends on goalkeeper. thats the way things are in holland.
thats the difference between kuyt, alves from holland and kuyt and alves from england. they cant get in those positions anymore.

in holland its easy to be a good striker. that proves how tought that league is fro goalkeepers.

i hope now you get my point.

One player. Huntelaar. Great.:rolleyes:

I see your point but I disagree totally. There are some fairly good defenders in the dutch league. Gomes had a deecnt backline in front of him. Players like Kromkamp and salcido aren't bad. he would probably have more work to do with Spurs than Eindhoven and he's been found out as PSV are a top club in Holland.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
for left wing we need to buy someone.. for me i would to see Young, Ribery or Ben Arfa

for striker we dont need to buy anyone with the talent coming through the ranks.. but would love to sign eto'o since he is a goal scorer which we need as rooney and tevez drops back alot..

for goalie lookin at the games foster been part off you can tell he has a future and will be challenging vds next season..

·
Banned
1,115 Posts
Yet you claim you're going to quit because I had a little go at you? Bloody hell how do you survive in the real world. Uncivilised. Boo-hoo cry me river.
lol, im going to quit because this forum is a place where i come to relax and have a chat. if i dont like it - i quit, simple as. a forum is not too important in ones life you know...

in the real world well...if i think at it a little, i havent been called an idiot. at least i dont remember. how do i survive ?
i dont care...simple as, i just ignore things, just like i will ignore this forum.( if the mods agree with that language )
im sure if we were face to face you wouldnt have called me an idiot, thats you acting tough over the internet, getting some frustration out...

and huntelaar is not the only one, i told you. it was just an example. just look at the 4 dutch players at real madrid.
as i said its easy to be a good striker in holland and i gived you an example. you finally understood

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
6 question marks for next season

?1 – Strikers
Do we want Tevez and does he still want us? I don’t think he’s going to be here next season, so who will replace him? Villa, Eto’o, Benzema?
Do we even need a replacement? Can Macheda, Welbeck and Campbell fill the gap Tevez might leave behind?

I agree that Tevez will be leaving, if he were staying we would have sorted it by now. so YES i think we defiantly need a striker, and one who knows and wants to score goals. For me there are 2 options Benzema or Villa. Both are realistic targets and i think both would fit in well at United as they know where the net is a la RVN but have pace and skill to play the sort of football we do with Rooney and Ronaldo.
Macheda is still young and will get games next season no doubt but to reply on him for 15-20 goals is way too much to ask

?2 - Left wing
Nani. Talented, but is often found wanting. Are we going to rest our hopes on his small shoulders or prevail with Park. Is Ribery a realistic target and is he the answer?

Main priority in the summer for me. Park is good at what he does but is no way a 'winger'. Nani seems to have hot the wall when we really needed him. 3 names stand out for me Ribery, Silva and Young.
My first choice would be Ribery and i think we could get him if we were signing Benzema aswel (ive read they are both good friends).

?3 Central Midfield
We have discussed Owen Hargreaves at length and I believe that when he comes back, he can be our midfield boss, but we seem to lack an attacking midfielder. Someone, who can bring the ball forward and pick a lovely pass to release a striker. A Fabregas so to speak. Anderson might become that sort of player, but should we sign someone else in the meantime.

I think we are ok in there for next season. Anderson is gettign back to his best and Carrick has had a greta season. As long as Hargreaves is fot next season he will add so much to our team, we have really missed him. Add to that Fletcher, Giggs and Scholes plus Gibson, Possebon and Matty James (who looks quality in the reserves, a lot like Lampard/Gerrard) and we have ourselves a great midfield of options.

I can see the argument for a signing to create more goals but i think if we did what ive already suggested and signed Ribery/Benzema then we wouldnt need them as bad.

?4 - Central Defence
The question has been posed on the forum before.
Do we keep the status quo and allow O’Shea and Brown to fill in whenever injuries strike or do we sign someone to have more cover.
What about Catchart and Chester?

More than happy here aswel. Vidic and Rio are the best in the world and Evans and Brown offer top class reserves.

?5 – Goalkeeper
Probably my main concern besides the left wing position.
VDS has been very good for most of the season, but he has had some horror shows as well over the last two season and the shut-out record was more the result of a formidable defence, IMO.
He’s also turning 39.
Should he be our main custodian or should Fergie hand the gloves to Ben Foster?
Should Fergie just sign a long-term replacement and minimize the risk? Kuszczak might be leaving too. Who will be the third keeper?

Hmmm this is a tough one. I dont really think VDS should be #1 next season (he can only really play once a week now). I like Ben Foster and i think the only way we are going to know if he is good enough is to make him #1 and find out.
?6 – Captain
I suppose this depends on whether Gary Neville is still here next season, but I think Rio Ferdinand should be the club captain next season with Hargreaves the vice captain.
What about you?

Rio Ferdinand with Rooney as vice captain. im sure Neville (who will struggle for games in a fully fit united squad (Rapheal and Brown are 1st choice for me) will understand as he just wants the best for us.
my answers to this are in red above.

·
Banned
16,006 Posts
lol, im going to quit because this forum is a place where i come to relax and have a chat. if i dont like it - i quit, simple as. a forum is not too important in ones life you know...

in the real world well...if i think at it a little, i havent been called an idiot. at least i dont remember. how do i survive ?
i dont care...simple as, i just ignore things, just like i will ignore this forum.
im sure if we were face to face you wouldnt have called me an idiot, thats you acting tough over the internet, getting some frustration out...

and huntelaar is not the only one, i told you. it was just an example. just look at the 4 dutch players at real madrid.
as i said its easy to be a good striker in holland and i gived you an example. you finally understood
Trust me, i'm exactly the same in person. I guarantee I would say the same. I might be alot of things but one thing I will not shirk out of an arguement. I call a spade a spade and that's it. No frustration at all darling. Got myself some sex last night, won $200 in poker so far today and have a good weekend ahead. Keep clutching at straws though. Try and find something else to cry to the mod about.

And I listened to your arguement but you didn't even try and consider mine. You just kept plodding away. You're arguement didn't really have much base and you didn't answer my last point on Gomes playing for one of the:thumbsdownsmileyani top teams. See that's the difference.

·
Banned
1,115 Posts
Trust me, i'm exactly the same in person. I guarantee I would say the same. I might be alot of things but one thing I will not shirk out of an arguement. I call a spade a spade and that's it. No frustration at all darling. Got myself some sex last night, won $200 in poker so far today and have a good weekend ahead. Keep clutching at straws though. Try and find something else to cry to the mod about.

And I listened to your arguement but you didn't even try and consider mine. You just kept plodding away. You're arguement didn't really have much base and you didn't answer my last point on Gomes playing for one of the:thumbsdownsmileyani top teams. See that's the difference.
i dont consider you argument because it lacks logic.

yea you have a thrilling life indeed. i told you i dont care, but you seem to be satisfied with the feeling that i do. curious thing...

·
Banned
16,006 Posts
i dont consider you argument because it lacks logic.

yea you have a thrilling life indeed. i told you i dont care, but you seem to be satisfied with the feeling that i do. curious thing...
My arguement has tons of logic you clown. You can grasp even a simple point.

Right ok then. Would you argee PSV are one of the best teams in Holland? Along with one of the top defences in the league? So therefore he would have less shots to stop there than say a middle table side like Spurs in the Premiership? Of course my arguement has bloody logic. He was overworked at Spurs and collapsed and was shown as to how he really is? he had two of the best defenders in Holland in front of him in Kromkamp and Salcido? So therefore he would have elss to do. Simple point that you can grasp.

Then there was my Kuyt point but for some reason you brought up Alves scoring 7 goals in one game? Yeah, it' my arguement that lacks logic. Come back to me you know a little about football.

I do have a great life. you questioned whether I would say it in real life. I told you I would. Then you said I did it to release frustration you were hampered again. That seems like caring to me.

·
Banned
1,115 Posts
lol, yea man i care alot. now you feel better ? yea i care very much, im devastated.
altho you are the one using words like "clown". who cares more ? hmm....

anyway im so sick of this discussion. just look at the big clubs in holland to see how many goals they've conedeed. you will have a shock.

but this wasnt your point at the beggining. i showed you how wrong you were and now you are twisting it.

21 - 40 of 112 Posts