Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Darren Flethcher commented on the great support and atmosphere that United fans made on Saturday night.

“It was a great boost,†he told MUTV. “Our fans always fill that end of the stadium. They are fantastic. Our away fans are the best in the country. They get behind you and make it a great atmosphere. It was an away game, but our fans made so much noise that it felt like a neutral venue.â€

why is it just away fans??
why cant we create that atmosphere at home shouldnt be hard considering the attendence at Old Trafford is 10 times the amount at Ewood Park.

i was really angry at the Villareal game, Stand up for the CHAMPIONS was been sung very few people stood up, one guy shouted to everyone stand up!!
he replied: i pay £50.00 for this seat so im sitting on it!! :mad:

i understand thats not what everyone wants to do but its not asking alot!!

anyone agree??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,207 Posts
I'm an overseas fan, so haven't been to OT, but I used to attend Bundesliga games and the fans there will outsing any fans from any Premier league game.

Sometimes OT is as quiet as a cemetary and they only get going once in a while. I guess a lot of people in the stadium are "spectators" and not "fans"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,505 Posts
how disappointing for me to see on tv all the empty seats in the blackburn stands.....next year am just gonna get up there n sit in the home end if needs be....the united fans fantastic, but just what we've come to expect...as for blackburn ( know they aren't the best attended) but come on new manager playing nearest rivals, european and premiership champions...and one of the smallest groundsin the top flight and they cant fill it ...embarassing.
 

·
Proto-Hipster
Joined
·
46,959 Posts
The atmosphere was class yesterday just like versus Pompey away
the commentator was annoying by saying "Man U" all the time so there was a channel with no commentator and i watched that one and most of the songs that were sungs are about United
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,790 Posts
I guess a lot of people in the stadium are "spectators" and not "fans"

Yes that true rfr if we would have more fans than spectators in the stadium, the atmosphere would be great.

I watched United match on TV yesterday, It was great to listen the singing of our fans there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,505 Posts
abojodeh said:
The atmosphere was class yesterday just like versus Pompey away
the commentator was annoying by saying "Man U" all the time so there was a channel with no commentator and i watched that one and most of the songs that were sungs are about United
watched it via fox tv in the usa at least found someone that was using british commentary this time..was getting sick of watching matches i cant get to with commentary in languages i cant understand...just aint the same with the sound turned off aswell
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,607 Posts
abojodeh said:
The atmosphere was class yesterday just like versus Pompey away
the commentator was annoying by saying "Man U" all the time so there was a channel with no commentator and i watched that one and most of the songs that were sungs are about United
We get this all the time over here in the UK. Media, tv -all the same. Even other footballers say it. BUT the more WE go on about it, the more people will say it.

On the subject of away fans. I can recall going to a game at Highbury v United (obviously) when the terracing was still up and Arsenal fans congregated in the North Bank. Thousands of us arrived by train and bus and by 1pm we were all at the ground and the gates were about to be opened. Somebody shouted "Lets all go in the North Bank" so we all (about 10,000+) legged it around the ground and all went into their end. When Arsenal fans began arriving in their thousands the police turned them away from their own end, telling them that they had to use the visitors end!!! CLASSIC!!!

All afternoon, apart from United songs, we were singing "We took the North Bank!"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,505 Posts
solskjaer99 said:
Darren Flethcher commented on the great support and atmosphere that United fans made on Saturday night.

“It was a great boost,†he told MUTV. “Our fans always fill that end of the stadium. They are fantastic. Our away fans are the best in the country. They get behind you and make it a great atmosphere. It was an away game, but our fans made so much noise that it felt like a neutral venue.â€

why is it just away fans??
why cant we create that atmosphere at home shouldnt be hard considering the attendence at Old Trafford is 10 times the amount at Ewood Park.

i was really angry at the Villareal game, Stand up for the CHAMPIONS was been sung very few people stood up, one guy shouted to everyone stand up!!
he replied: i pay £50.00 for this seat so im sitting on it!! :mad:

i understand thats not what everyone wants to do but its not asking alot!!

anyone agree??
lol yeh agree m8...know its not everyones thing to get up and sing.. fair enough don't have a problem , but every now and then to get off your backside and stand up for the champions and give the lads a boost and show your support........ ave been to a few matches when its gets exciting and you stand up and you hear a voice from behind going..." sit down"....thats really annoying aswell ..if you think your team are going to score and you cant be bothered to get up and excited and you have a go at others for doing it then why do some of these people come to the matches- they would be better off watching it on tv really
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,505 Posts
Red Devil said:
We get this all the time over here in the UK. Media, tv -all the same. Even other footballers say it. BUT the more WE go on about it, the more people will say it.
agree with that red devil
 

·
hates City
Joined
·
2,913 Posts
i must agree that sometimes OT is like a library, but I'm happy with the atmosphere and the singing in most of the games
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
15,336 Posts
I thought the atmosphere was sensational yesterday.

The best of the season so far, even counting the home games.

More of the same would be great in all games, but we all know thats not possible :rolleyes: :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,329 Posts
it was a top day.
nearly didn't get let in tho as i was "drunk" (i was chanting outside of the turnstiles)
im glad fletch sed away fans, might make people who go to OT sit up (and hopefully stand up)and take notice
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top