Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Arse Bandito
1,527 Posts
i agree that he has still got to fill his potential, but £9m looks dead cheap right now.
if he carries on with this form for the rest of the season, and villa get the champions league spot, he will be one of the most important reasons. having said that, villa are built upon a strong team, without many "superstars" and i think that is to martin o'neill's credit. their team is a solid team, who have an open, attacking philosophy, and this is the man who should take over from fergie.

on the subject of how much he's worth, o'neill may say what he likes. i have spoken at length with one of my dad's best mates, a brummy journalist and villa fan. he said he has met randy lerner for a meeting, and that he is really the perfect owner. from the outside, that's how it seems too. you never hear about him proposing transfers, o'neill buys who he wants within reason, and villa rarely hold back. lerner is financially sound, and villa aren't a selling club. if this team gets them to the champions league, who knows how much the players will be worth. i disagree that he would bite your hand off for £25million. young might not be worth that at the moment. indeed, he might never reach that level, but he is integral to villa's hopes at the moment. villa don't need to sell anybody until the prices become ridiculous.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts