Manchester United Talk banner
21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I stayed 'til the bitter end, even though I was totally gutted. There were a few left in the lower Stretfrord End who were singing.

Being a football supporter means supporting your team through the good and the bad, we're lucky being United fans that the good times far outweigh the bad.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I stayed 'til the bitter end, even though I was totally gutted. There were a few left in the lower Stretfrord End who were singing.

Being a football supporter means supporting your team through the good and the bad, we're lucky being United fans that the good times far outweigh the bad.
Well said, and i'm pleased you were one of the true supporters that stayed :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
I sit in Stretford Lower.

The two guys in front of me always arrive 5 minutes into the game, they leave their seats at halftime at least 4 minutes before the 45 minutes, they get back sometimes 7 or 8 minutes into the second half, and f*** off at least 5 minutes before the end.

Personally I wait to see how long's on the board when it's held up, then go and stand on the steps when I reckon there's about a minute left. I have to admit I seldom applaud the team off though, I'm usually gone as soon as I hear the whistle . . . :(

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I hope the players look back on the game and have a think about why so many fans left early. We were shit today and maybe if we were getting beat but making an effort, then stay and applaude players. We were playing one of our fiercest rivals and it was a terible performance. There was little passion shown. After the 3rd goal United completely fell apart and looked as if they couldnt wait for the final whistle. I expected more from Rooney, especially after his mid wek comments. We made Liverpool look good.
Hopefully the players realise they aint invincible and show us why they are world champions!

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
I think comments like these are a bit far-fetched in my opinion.
fair enough... i always applaud the team off and i respect any fan who does the same win lose or draw... pi just dont regard people who are more interested in getting trains than watching a match as good fans, why do they bother going to the match if they just want to leave??

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I couldn't care less tbh, it's understandable they want to leave early to get away from traffic, but it defeats the object of going to a game and paying all the money and then leaving early, so it's there fault if they miss something.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
lol its not good not good at all. but as people have said i can see some points by i dont agree with them points personally.

i think any united fan can tell you that 60% of our ground are tourists and daytrippers not that it bothers me rele cause atmosphere was top today all the time we werent losing anyways lol

but like i travel a long way every week. 6 hours there and 6 hours back. costs me a lot in travel expenses on top of my £650 season ticket. so my point is i pay all that money im not gonna spend it all travel all them hours to leave or arrive late. but thats just me i understand people wanna beat congestion tho.

what made me laugh tho. it was 3-1 and boys behind me went its sh*te how every1 leaves just cause were losing. the 4th goal went in and they went f*** this and walked off lmao

·
Registered
55 Posts
I am from Chorlton, turned 19 on weds and this was the first time I went to United V Lpoo match. Yes it was painful to watch but I stayed until the end of the match. I hate it too when fans leave when they feel the match is out of reach. I was in the North stand for the first time 1408 lower and I was screamin every time Gerrard and Carrarger came towards towards the touchline giving them stick, there was a few other guys around me too who were doing the same but as for the majority there was just mumbles and groans.

I think the people who dont live in Manchester know why we hate the scousers "Vermin of the earth" soo much, there were two guys from London in front of me and One Irish man on my right and they didnt say anything at all they could have atleast clapped, the latter was just slagging off John O'Shea when he was misplacing some passes.

The overall atmosphere until the sending off and even after the redcard was still good and everytime the scum were chanting their team we always outsang them with the "murderers" chant. I couldn't believe people were taking pics of gerard and the penalty they had, why would you want that scums pic and with people leaving for early Half Time, I dont see the point as the queues are not that long you always get served in time for the 2nd half.

When people leave early I can understand if you a have flight or train to catch but all the people who run towards the cars do they really beat the traffic, I bet theres 10000+ people all thinking of the same idea and with the cops causing delays, staying for an additional 15mins aint going to hurt . When I walk home usually it takes me 30 - 45 mins, I have always dreamed about owning a season ticket (preferbly in the Stretford End, but anywhere will do first) but I just cant afford one at the moment but as soon as I have enough I will apply for one, I do try and go to about 10-15 games a season though.

I was at the at the Inter match aswell sitting in South 123 Lower but i'm not even going to get started about the atmosphere where I was sitting. Aww man this defeat is hurting me so bad today but I should be alright by next week when we open a 7pt Lead again.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Whats your feeling to fans who walk out of Old Trafford before the game ends.

This has become a common sight at OT in recent months be it United leading or loosing. It is a conjested area outside after the games, yes...and people have journeys to make, flights to catch etc....

What do you think of people who leave early. Obviously if your sat watching the game, and you get a phone call saying that theres an emergency...thats slightly different :rolleyes:

There an absoult joke and should be banned, Anyone see any of those mongs taking pictures of steven gerrard when he score? How do these ******* get tickets? And the amount of chinese today was a disgrace. Old Trafford :wacko:

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
There an absoult joke and should be banned, Anyone see any of those mongs taking pictures of steven gerrard when he score? How do these ******* get tickets? And the amount of chinese today was a disgrace. Old Trafford :wacko:
ha ha!! maybe they were korean and park hooked them up with some tickets!! i agree i actually think people should be vetted before they're alowed into OT! need to kno a number of songs, the rules of football, know not to take photo's of stephen gerrard, the basics! ha

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
There an absoult joke and should be banned, Anyone see any of those mongs taking pictures of steven gerrard when he score? How do these ******* get tickets? And the amount of chinese today was a disgrace. Old Trafford
You are beginning to amuse me. :rofl:

Trying to be a top red again ? FAIL.

It was a disgrace. But when we the last time we conceded 4 goals at home and that to liverpool ? Martin Tyler seemed to mention red seats at OT.

The comments abovee are a bit harsh

·
Keen on Fella's
8,472 Posts
the fans are a disgrace , sir alex and the players should be shot.
we should all change allegiance and start supporting another team.
its over , the dream is over .....................:rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Registered
177 Posts
You are beginning to amuse me. :rofl:

Trying to be a top red again ? FAIL.

It was a disgrace. But when we the last time we conceded 4 goals at home and that to liverpool ? Martin Tyler seemed to mention red seats at OT.

The comments abovee are a bit harsh
Your probably a part time supporter anyway, How am i trying to be a top red? Im pissed off with the gimps who were smiling and taking pictures of ******* gerrard when he scored.

I fear for you if you think thats acceptable :laugh:

*Moderator Note* - Cut out the name calling and insults please.
Jazz

·
Registered
199 Posts
It happens at grounds everywhere. I go to a lot of Scottish div 1 games to watch Queen of the South and it happens at many grounds. Some people leave early when the game is crap or 0-0. Some people leave early when their team has a 4-0 lead. Some people leave early when their team is losing. Its just how fans in general can act, in my opinion. I dont leave early ever. Not planning to start any time soon. But its not just happening at old trafford.

·
Arse Bandito
1,527 Posts
a lot of the time on here it gets mentioned, ends up as the true fan debate.
if you get the shuttle from old trafford to piccadilly, it leaves pretty much on the whistle. the earliest i ever leave is when the board goes up. it's ridiculous to suggest that not staying for an extra 2 minutes of the game, but adding hours onto my journey devalues my status as a fan.
yesterday the board went up and since we were right at the back of the stretford end we started walking down to watch near the exits, and yeah when the fourth went in with a minute to go, i left along with many others who like me had spent 91 and a half minutes singing at the top of their voices.
according to some on here, that 1 minute and 30 seconds makes me a nothing fan. does that mean that someone who was there longer than me but sat silent through the game is a better fan?

i do agree that leaving as the third went in takes the piss. come on, have we never scored a couple in quick succession before!

the atmosphere was quality yesterday. the first thing you heard after their goals was a song from us, and that's how it should be. i have to say that i have watched three losses at home in the last two years and the atmosphere then has often been better than in a dull 1-0 win.

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Not really, They should be banned theyre not fans they dont support the team they come to be entertained theyre infesting Old Trafford more and more every season.
I know a bloke, and he goes regulary with his dad. His dad has grown up with the Babes and watched United throughout the 60's, and the both go to games throughout the barren years, and throughout the glory years.

Yet these leave early (or when the stoppage time board goes up) to beat the rush to the exits, as the father is getting on a bit, and will be prone to an accident.

But of course, a top red like you who's been going for a few years, tells them they aren't true fans because they leave minutes early.

21 - 40 of 57 Posts