Manchester United Talk banner
41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I know a bloke, and he goes regulary with his dad. His dad has grown up with the Babes and watched United throughout the 60's, and the both go to games throughout the barren years, and throughout the glory years.

Yet these leave early (or when the stoppage time board goes up) to beat the rush to the exits, as the father is getting on a bit, and will be prone to an accident.

But of course, a top red like you who's been going for a few years, tells them they aren't true fans because they leave minutes early.

And, you're the mong.
Theres nowt wrong with that mate, but thats the exception not the rule. Most leave early cos they're tossers.

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Theres nowt wrong with that mate, but thats the exception not the rule. Most leave early cos they're tossers.
Oh yes, I agree. I hate twatty United bandwaggon fans more than anything. But when people post whoever leaves early isn't a real fan, sort of off the mark.

·
Arse Bandito
1,527 Posts
Oh yes, I agree. I hate twatty United bandwaggon fans more than anything. But when people post whoever leaves early isn't a real fan, sort of off the mark.
agreed, my grandad and uncle are exactly the same. had their season tickets in the family for 64 years and my grandad is pushing 70 and goes regularly. he always leaves at about 87. he can't run alongside my uncle so he has to get out a bit earlier to get back to the car and not get knocked over in the hustle of 75,000 people leaving the ground. what a mong my grandad is:rolleyes:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Loyal Supporters?

Im a season ticket holder in the East Stand. And i was rather P****d Off on saturday. Obviously being that im from just outside manchester,being beaten 4-1 at home by your biggest rival is enough to make the Pope swear. but not only that the fact that as soon as Aurelio's free kick hit the back of the net in the 77th minute most ' fans' around me headed for the exits. i stayed unitl the end and held my scarf above my head and sung ' United's Flag Is Deepest Red'. I (along with 20,000 or so other loyal United supporters) stayed to applaud our soldiers off the battlefield. yes they were *****. but you stick by them and help your players through. we dont boo our own players. we pay our money to go and support our team. sing our hearts out for the club and make Old Trafford a fortress. Not to sit down and take photos of ronaldo and moan and groan when it goes wrong. it just makes me wonder how many true United Supporters are Inside Old Trafford. Cos i know plenty who would were outside and could have replaced those glory hunters and made the atmosphere even better.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Im a season ticket holder in the East Stand. And i was rather P****d Off on saturday. Obviously being that im from just outside manchester,being beaten 4-1 at home by your biggest rival is enough to make the Pope swear. but not only that the fact that as soon as Aurelio's free kick hit the back of the net in the 77th minute most ' fans' around me headed for the exits. i stayed unitl the end and held my scarf above my head and sung ' United's Flag Is Deepest Red'. I (along with 20,000 or so other loyal United supporters) stayed to applaud our soldiers off the battlefield. yes they were *****. but you stick by them and help your players through. we dont boo our own players. we pay our money to go and support our team. sing our hearts out for the club and make Old Trafford a fortress. Not to sit down and take photos of ronaldo and moan and groan when it goes wrong. it just makes me wonder how many true United Supporters are Inside Old Trafford. Cos i know plenty who would were outside and could have replaced those glory hunters and made the atmosphere even better.
this is the first post i've read from you mate, but it seems you speak (like many others on this thread) much sense.

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Agree 100% top post.

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
hate to see it when we are 1-0 up in last minute (I was at the Barca game and there was people leaving around the 85th minute).

I come over from Yorkshire to watch games and have been stuck in traffic in night games getting home at half 1 but that is a consequence of what i do. I accept that and move on to enjoying the game.

In terms of yesterday, i would have been leaving early i am afraid. 4-1 down to 'pool with threats of even more and i would not been able to face it. Had a sudden feeling of choking while watching it on telly. Liverpool fans will be ramming this down our throats for a while yet.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
I've never left before the end of a game and never will. Whether we're 3-0 up or 3-0 down I never want to miss a second, never mind a minute, of watching United play.

If people have long journeys to make then you have to applaud them for making the effort to come to Old Trafford and understand that they may have trains to catch or don't want to get home too late because they have work the next day. I don't understand why people who live in Manchester would want to leave early though.

Although when it's a lunch-time kick off on a Saturday the only reason to walk out is because you can't bear to watch any more.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I dont get to that many games with being a student, but whenever I go I want to be there till the very end. I payed about £60 for a ticket of viagaygay for Sunderland and when the Vidic goal went in, was mental in Stretford. Anyway, I've paid so much money to see united, leaving early for me is just like giving glazer money for nothing.

·
Registered
25 Posts
There's a guy who sits a few along from me, he arrives five minutes late every game, leaves five mins before half time, comes back five mins into the second half, and leaves 5 mins before the end, so he's technically a 70 minute fan, whats the point in wasting that much money on a season ticket.

·
Gary Neville's love child
4,035 Posts
Tbh honest i can't stand it, but it happens everywhere, just because there's so many people at old trafford it seems worse. I've never left a game early, even when i'm a neutral, and i watch till the bitter end, though i didn't watch motd or post match analysis, couldn't hack that.

·
Registered
57 Posts
When i get to the theatre of dream i stay for as long as possible, this only seems to happen at places where they are massively disappointed with their team, so i dont get why these fans leave so early, there cant be THAT many who need to avoid the traffic. I really gets my goat as we are fighting on all fronts to bring as many trophies back as possible, yet these will be the same fans that complained last year when they had to watch the game v Juve preseason to see any type of parade! Why do they deserve it. Guys if you have to leave early due to getting home to family etc then fine, really no issue at all, but its the guys that sit behind me that i see in the pub only 1 hour later that p##ses me off!

·
All round nice guy
3,887 Posts
I can't be arsed to write an essay on why I think it's ridiculous for people to leave early.

But, even worse, did anyone see that complete dickhead (wearing a Man Utd jumper) sat behind the Liverpool bench where at the end of the game he started taking pictures of Gerrard on his phone. That pretty much sums up how pathetic the majority of our 'fans' are.

·
Banned
2 Posts
i could count the number of home games ive missed on one hand over the last 9 years, and I have never understood why anyone would want to leave early

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
I can't be arsed to write an essay on why I think it's ridiculous for people to leave early.

But, even worse, did anyone see that complete dickhead (wearing a Man Utd jumper) sat behind the Liverpool bench where at the end of the game he started taking pictures of Gerrard on his phone. That pretty much sums up how pathetic the majority of our 'fans' are.
thats the issue. fans who love the glitz and glamour of the day rather what is actually transpiring on the pitch. Give em a Gigg Lane on a rainy tuesday night with the wind blowing your soggy meat pie out your hand as you stumble to a portakabin for a slash and probably 75% of our current fans who go to games would be off like a shot.

Sometimes i wonder is the success the price we pay for having fans who really couldnt give a toss bout the club. Next home game we need to get whoever goes into the club shop on stroke of full time, lock the doors and deport them to Greenland or sumat.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts