Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the similarities, i can see they do have a lot. Like fergy said with the team in the early ad mid 90's man utd should have won the ucl but because of the 5 foriegn player rule, we didnt have the squad to do it.

Now what if the kung fu kick never happened, we would have still kanchelskis, ince and cantona in the team with the fergies fledglings coming through.

Would we have done better in the ucl if we would have kept kanchelskis and ince with beckham, neville's, keane, scholes coming through?

Could we have ruled Europe?

I think we would have had an unbelievable squad at that time.

Fergy Era 90's

--------------Schmeical----------------

Parker------Palister--------Bruce-------Erwin

Kanchelskis----Ince-----Robson-----Giggs/sharpe

--------Cantona-----Cole/Hughes

I think fergy has been waiting to get his team to perfection and i feel fergy may have got it perfect. Well lets see until may.

Fergy era 2k

--------------VDS/Foster----------------

neville------Rio--------Vidic-------Evra

Ronaldo----Keane/carrick-----Scholes/ando-----Nani

--------Berba-----Rooney/Teve

was he building a team that could have been treble winners convincingly

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NoxiousD said:
Can i just ask why you have Kanchelskis and not Beckham on the right?
Just trying to campare the styles, kanchelskis vs ronaldo. I have always loved the early team in the 90's, ok i think when we had the side that lifted the ucl in 1999 was a great team with beckham in there as well. But i can never forget the style we had in the early 90's it was exciting fast flowing counter football like we see now with ronaldo and co.

I think the team we had when kanchelskis was there was really the same as we see now. But we didnt have the squad back then, and thats the point. if we had kept ince and kanchlskis we would have had an awsome squad with fergies fledglings.

He reminds me of ronaldo a bit http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=QubC7F1fDnM

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
NoxiousD said:
Can i just ask why you have Kanchelskis and not Beckham on the right?

believe me mate kanchelskis was better than beckham he was unstopable when he surged towards goal ,but he spoilt everything by leaving utd , it had something to do with russian mafia involvment he was more important than cantona at the time he left and thats an honest opinion.

·
There is no Noxiousd, only ZUUL
16,031 Posts
sweet fa said:
believe me mate kanchelskis was better than beckham he was unstopable when he surged towards goal ,but he spoilt everything by leaving utd , it had something to do with russian mafia involvment he was more important than cantona at the time he left and thats an honest opinion.
Wow, it amazes me how little people rate Beckhame when, at his prime, he carried the team and got us and England out of a lot of trouble with his passing and dead ball skills...

Kanchelskis was good, decent explosive winger, but by no means was he a legend, and comparing him to Ronaldo is like comparing Kleberson to Roy Keane...

Kanchelskis will always be a great United player, but much like Paul Parker, Paul Ince, Phil Neville and Nicky Butt etc he was never an indespensible squad member

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
NoxiousD said:
Wow, it amazes me how little people rate Beckhame when, at his prime, he carried the team and got us and England out of a lot of trouble with his passing and dead ball skills...

Kanchelskis was good, decent explosive winger, but by no means was he a legend, and comparing him to Ronaldo is like comparing Kleberson to Roy Keane...

Kanchelskis will always be a great United player, but much like Paul Parker, Paul Ince, Phil Neville and Nicky Butt etc he was never an indespensible squad member
Kanchelskis was awesome, like you said he was explosive, but he was also important like cantona and ronaldo, because he ripped defensives apart and he also could score goals, even against the top four

Beckham, he was world class, but he was at united for many years, if kanchelskis had of stopped longer at old trafford he could have been more than what he showed us at man utd, would have been a world class winger

this is what he did at everton, couldnt find any compilation for man utd http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ms0FNTIbr3Y

Before Ronaldo was "kankan" Kanchelskis
Premier League Manchester United
by Furmanov (U1703126) 22 August 2008

comment on the article

I have to say that we don't treasure our glorious past.All you hear is C.Ronaldo this,C.Ronaldo that...but I vividly remember the days when Andrei Kanchelskis ruled the world.If there was a better and more direct winger than him,I yet to see it.Or as they say in one American movie-"show me the money"!

That 1 st great SAF team of early-mid 90s with King Eric,Kan Kan,Giggsy,Pally,Schmichel,Incey,Hughes and Co was superb and according to most pundits should've really won a EC or 2 if not for stupid UEFA rules limiting the amount of foreign players to 3.and Kanchelskis was the star of that team,no doubt.

WhenA.McLeish,then Glasgow Rangers manager,was thinking about great Russian players the 1st name he mentioned to me was ...Andrei Kanchelskis.That is some accolade from the "grossmeister" of Scottish football.

·
There is no Noxiousd, only ZUUL
16,031 Posts
trikam patel said:
That 1 st great SAF team of early-mid 90s with King Eric,Kan Kan,Giggsy,Pally,Schmichel,Incey,Hughes and Co was superb and according to most pundits should've really won a EC or 2 if not for stupid UEFA rules limiting the amount of foreign players to 3.and Kanchelskis was the star of that team,no doubt.
I agreed with most of your post up until that point, for me the 99' team and even now the 08' squad were much better in depth aswell as class...

Mid 90's Kanchelskis, Hughes, Ince, Bruce = Class
99' Beckham, Scholes, Keane, Stam = Much better, in passing ability aswell as technique
08' Ronaldo, Anderson, Carrick, Rio = Definitely getting better....

And thats without really touching upon the striking prowess, mid 90's can't compare with Yorke, Cole, RVN, Shero, Ole, Rooney, Tevez and even Berba....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts