Manchester United Talk banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Jon I do see your side for this argument but I was just happy reddwarf saw my side too....

I was trying to make a case for investing in sports development for youngsters and the seniors to make future champions !!

Of course this is no good to do this from a business sense because they generate no cash.......but it is good for a nation to have champions - I see Lewis Hamilton do well......and people talk about him and are happy he does well for his country....

Many times I hear about UK people waiting till late in the night to watch someone win an Olympic Gold medal too......

It's good for national morale and pride - maybe they dont generate the cash but who cares ?

I think what AC9 mentioned is best !!

Give the England guys expense money - and reward winning only !!!

Then only those who really care will play.....

Those that have pride and are willing to play for nothing will win a lot more than the money grabbers trust me !!

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
danfelixbuffy said:
The biatches were lucky to get that!

I jest, £60 and their BFH would be more acceptable.
Quality post :rolleyes:

RichardsReds said:
Englands mens should only get paid for the expenses of playing, going to the games. If that.
Thats what I said - and then a huge, huge bonus if they actually wion anything !!

Always struck me to be odd rewarding failure :eek:

Hardly an incentive is it ?

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
carlyluvsunited said:
Quality post :rolleyes:

Thats what I said - and then a huge, huge bonus if they actually wion anything !!

Always struck me to be odd rewarding failure :eek:

Hardly an incentive is it ?

and people frown about my posting......lmao carly...

They should be honoured just to be representing their country and it's not as if they need the money.....

If anything it is the women players who should get some money for expenses....
as they don't make anywhere near as much as the male players week in week out...

21 - 25 of 25 Posts