Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A game for United is worth more than two elsewhere - O'Shea accepts limited Old Trafford role

John O'Shea insists he's content to stay at Manchester United even though he knows he would get more games if he moved.

The versatile defender is not an automatic choice at United but could start against Newcastle on Sunday, filling in for injured midfielder Owen Hargreaves.

'You could say a game here is worth two elsewhere but it is more than that,' he said. 'I want to challenge myself, both in matches and in training every day and I want to improve my game.

'That is why I am here. As long as the manager keeps me as part of the team that will do for me.'

DailyMail http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1045206/A-game-United-worth--OShea-accepts-limited-Old-Trafford-role.html

Johnny showes heart. Pity not every p7ayer does.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Everytime i spoke of Oshea..i will think of Fletcher..these two might not be big guns but their commitments and contribution shouldnt be questioned. Best thing is atleast he knows what it meant to play for a club like Man Utd..

In saying that thou if one day, they decide to leave..i can fully understand..

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
babysenorita said:
Everytime i spoke of Oshea..i will think of Fletcher..these two might not be big guns but their commitments and contribution shouldnt be questioned. Best thing is atleast he knows what it meant to play for a club like Man Utd..

In saying that thou if one day, they decide to leave..i can fully understand..
Hi Siti, long time :)
yeah, I fully agree with your post. You can kind of stick Fletch and O'Shea
into the same bracket. If they need to leave for their own careers then
good luck to them.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
long time indeed jazz..been too busy that im guilty of dissing united aside lol..but im back to catch up what im missing..:p

Back on topic..to me he is not any normal squad player..his versatility is what we would find it hard to replace..and im very happy that he didnt lay eyes elsewhere..long may it continue..;)

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
abojodeh said:
God Bless John O'shea :)
Calm down it's flippin John O'Shea.

Yes he's a squad player who will always be there when needed. But if he left the club tomorrow, it wouldn't affect me one bit.

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Stephen said:
Calm down it's flippin John O'Shea.

Yes he's a squad player who will always be there when needed. But if he left the club tomorrow, it wouldn't affect me one bit.
i know he is squad player and hes not that important
but he should be thanked for his loyalty

·
23,699 Posts
On one hand, we should not be complaining about their loyalty and commitment, and would wish more of our youngsters think the same.

On the other, they are actually delaying our youngsters' breakthrough unwittingly.

Lost for words. Not too sure how to respond appropriately.

·
Banned
9,929 Posts
John O'Shea.....waht a hero!

Always willing to do what is asked for the team.....

Isn't he the first ever player in the prem to play in every role? Keeper to forward? Think he's the first.

Cracking attitude and honest worker.

When Johnny goes marching down the wing O'Shea, O'Shea...

Edit:
spellbound said:
What is loyalty in Portuguese?
lmao.....nice one! ;)

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
With O'Shea being here, it is blocking Fabio, Rafael at full back, Evans and Cathcart at centre half, Possebon and Hewson at centre midfield (plus tens of other players) from breaking through.

I'd much prefer Possebon playing in centre midfield than O'Shea. Yet with O'Shea here he is taking up a squad place (and substitute place) for young kids coming up - the kids of a much higher standard that Johnny.

Seasons gone by it is good for a player of O'Shea's verstalility, because he can come off the bench and fit in most positions. But now with 7 subs, we can name 2 defenders, 2 midfielders, and 2 strikers on the bench. No need for O'Shea.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind O'Shea. I think he is a good player for what he does, and am pretty comfortable if he starts at full back. Plus he is a product of our youth system which is always good.

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
O'Shea is a great guy and has been very loyal to United, but I really think he should be sold next summer at the latest.

He's blocking Rafael, Fabio, Rodrigo, and Simpson's(when he comes back) progress Imo.

Edit: damn Stephen got there first lol.

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
I'll be more devastated if Ronaldo leaves than O'Shea, Flethcher or Park!

TheManc said:
O'Shea is a great guy and has been very loyal to United, but I really think he should be sold next summer at the latest.

He's blocking Rafael, Fabio, Rodrigo, and Simpson's(when he comes back) progress Imo.

Edit: damn Stephen got there first lol.
Waheey someone who gets my logic! (again)

·
23,699 Posts
Stephen said:
With O'Shea being here, it is blocking Fabio, Rafael at full back, Evans and Cathcart at centre half, Possebon and Hewson at centre midfield (plus tens of other players) from breaking through.

I'd much prefer Possebon playing in centre midfield than O'Shea. Yet with O'Shea here he is taking up a squad place (and substitute place) for young kids coming up - the kids of a much higher standard that Johnny.

Seasons gone by it is good for a player of O'Shea's verstalility, because he can come off the bench and fit in most positions. But now with 7 subs, we can name 2 defenders, 2 midfielders, and 2 strikers on the bench. No need for O'Shea.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind O'Shea. I think he is a good player for what he does, and am pretty comfortable if he starts at full back. Plus he is a product of our youth system which is always good.
Mate, you have elaborated what I could not utter.:cool:

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
versa said:
Mate, you have elaborated what I could not utter.:cool:
No problem versa. ;) :D

Why has Ronaldo been brought up here?
He doesn't have to show loyalty to United. He HAS shown loyalty to Sir Alex Ferguson - saying he owes him a lot and would like to remain here as long as Fergie does.
Ronaldo owes nothing to United. He was a poor Portuguese child growing up (semmingly) supporting Real Madrid, and United gave him a career. He owes Fergie that.

Anyway, John O'Shea has been here, what, 8 years? Top loyalty that!
The only other places he would be going to is a low Premiership team - say Sunderland or Bolton. However, he would get paid a lot less than he does here.

He gets paid £60K pw here at United, he wouldn't get anywhere near that at Bolton.

·
Banned
9,929 Posts
Please not let this turn into a discussion about that person....:rolleyes:

He's got a whole bliddy thread with over 1,000 posts in it for him so this is all about...

.............JOHNNY!!!!!!!! :D:D;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts