Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If Ronaldo leaves for Real Madrid, it is an opportunity for a new formation and a new way of playing.

We will surely sign a new striker this summer, most likely Berbatov. So why not play Rooney and Tevez behind him as two shadow strikers with 3 in midfield. We have Evra the best attacking left back in the world who can provide the width down the left. Hargreaves is defensively solid and gets forward really well with great crossing ability, so why not him at right back. With the amount of central midfielders we have Hargreaves would getmore games at right back than in centre mid.

Obviously we would need back up players for Tevez and Rooney to play in that position. Andrei Arshavin of Zenit St Petersburg would be perfect, he is a super player. Zenit play this exact formation so he would fit right in. Nani very often played in the hole behind two strikers at Sporting Lisbon, so he can also play more in the centre. Maybe the likes of Park and Fletcher would have to leave however.

Some of the msot stylish football I have seen in my time watching football has been in this formation, AC Milan have been using this formation for years. Zenit played some super football with this formation in the UEFA Cup and battered Bayern Munich on their way to lifting the trophy. Surely it is better than Rooney or Tevez sitting on the bench. I know some of you may say its too much of a change but I think it would work great.

-------------------------------------Berbatov

----------------------------Rooney-----------Tevez

--------------------------------Carrick----Scholes

--------------------------------------Veloso

------------------------Evra------------------------Hargreaves

-------------------------------Ferdinand---Vidic

-----------------------------------Van-Der-Sar

Z

·
0 Posts
No wingers? Sounds like Chelsea to me and
would produce mind numbingly boring football.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I too would have reservations about the lack of width. Formations like that do sometimes produce great end product, but I think with only certain squads.
If certain games do not go to plan, you end up having no plan B, just like Arsenal, who either rip a team to shreds or draw/lose.
Along with having no plan B, it will be almost Chelsea-esque. Why change a winning formula?
If Ronaldo has to go, we just have to find another player who attacks with similar versatility and who contributes goals. Sure they might not have the same end product that Ronaldo does, but no one does.
If he has to leave we need to strive to change as little as possible in order to maintain the winning formula.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
we're united we've played with wingers forever, we will nto change and this will be to ridgid imo, if we buy berbatov he will just be rotated with tevez and rooney, if ronnie leaves we will need another winger, but i cant see us changing our style or system :)

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I'm gonna post in this thread when I come on later.

I have several ideas on this topic and I need to think about before I post! :p

·
Registered
550 Posts
I don't think the actual style of play would need to change at all. We'd see a slightly different end product without Ronaldo but as long as United drives the attack it will work.

My best starting 11 should Ronaldo leave and my favourite players arrive:

----------Rooney------Benzema------- (I am a fan of Tevez btw, just rotate him in)

-Nani--Hargreaves--Anderson--Kaka (Maybe Scholes for Anderson)

--Evra----Vidic------Ferdinand---Ramos

----------------Van der Sar--------------- (Can't wait to see how Foster performs though)

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
I'll play this next season:

VDS
Brown/Neville/Romos/Whoever Rio Vidic Evra
CRISTIANO RONALDO Carrick Anderson/Scholes Nani
Rooney Tevez

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
I've posted this somewhere before, but I'll do it again.

Presuming that Ronaldo goes....

Sign Messi and Benzema (Not easy, but we'l have the money from the Ronnie
deal)

Then, play 4-2-1-3 (Confrused? Observe below)

------------------------------------------Van Der Sar------------------------------------------
-
-
---Brown--------------------Ferdinand-----------------Vidic------------------------Evra---
-
-
-
-
-------------------------------Scholes-----------------Hargreaves--------------------------
-
-
-
--------------------------------------------Rooney----------------------------------------------
-
-
---------Messi--------------------------------------------------------------------Anderson---
-
-
-------------------------------------------Benzema---------------------------------------------

Bench: Foster, O'Shea, Tevez, Nani, Fletcher

·
Registered
550 Posts
Stephen said:
I'll play this next season:

VDS
Brown/Neville/Romos/Whoever Rio Vidic Evra
CRISTIANO RONALDO Carrick Anderson/Scholes Nani
Rooney Tevez
Post your fantasy lineups somewhere else. Ronaldo doesn't exist in this thread.

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
ManUtd19 said:
Post your fantasy lineups somewhere else. Ronaldo doesn't exist in this thread.
Erm...the thread is about Ronaldo going, what your lineup gonna be.

So, he does exist as people are creating there line-ups around him not being there.

My line-up is the only one which isn't fantasy.

Kaka is not a Manchester United player.
Benzema is not a Manchester United player - and I hope he never does, just to spite you.
Berbatov is not a Manchester United player.
Ramos is not a Manchester United player.

CRISTIANO RONALDO IS A MANCHESTER UNITED PLAYER.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Keano! said:
I've posted this somewhere before, but I'll do it again.

Presuming that Ronaldo goes....

Sign Messi and Benzema (Not easy, but we'l have the money from the Ronnie
deal)

Then, play 4-2-1-3 (Confrused? Observe below)

------------------------------------------Van Der Sar------------------------------------------
-
-
---Brown--------------------Ferdinand-----------------Vidic------------------------Evra---
-
-
-
-
-------------------------------Scholes-----------------Hargreaves--------------------------
-
-
-
--------------------------------------------Rooney----------------------------------------------
-
-
---------Messi--------------------------------------------------------------------Anderson---
-
-
-------------------------------------------Benzema---------------------------------------------

Bench: Foster, O'Shea, Tevez, Nani, Fletcher
Nice.

If Ramos arrives as part of the Ronaldo deal then him in place of Brown.

Lots of space for rotation in the forward 4 between Messi (I'd have Kaka as more realistic, but I would take Messi over him), Benzema, Anderson, Rooney, Tevez, Nani, Park & Manucho.

LB and RB could drift forward slightly to cover the space.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Stephen said:

So, he does exist as people are creating there line-ups around him not being there.

Benzema is not a Manchester United player - and I hope he never does, just to spite you.Berbatov is not a Manchester United player.

grow up:rolleyes:

·
Registered
550 Posts
Stephen said:

Benzema is not a Manchester United player - and I hope he never does, just to spite you.
Berbatov is not a Manchester United player.

What the hell is your problem? You're just wasting space in this thread by putting Ronaldo in it as that defeats the point of the topic.

If you are above 15 years of age I'll be worried for you. Your development as a person is insufficient to communicate online.

·
Banned
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Can some order be restored to this thread please. The point of the topic is the way we will play without Ronaldo, so what is the point of posting a line-up with Ronaldo in it, find another thread for that. And the guy who said we should buy Messi and Benzema is living in another dimension, it is completely impossible to sign either player.

·
All round nice guy
3,887 Posts
-
---Ramos--------------------Ferdinand-----------------Vidic------------------------Evra---
-
-------------------------------Hargreaves-----------------Anderson--------------------------
-
---------Kaka-----------------------------------------------------------------------Nani-------
-
----------------------------------------------------Rooney---------------------------------------
-
-------------------------------------------Villa/Huntelaar---------------------------------------

·
Registered
322 Posts
VDS

Ramos-Rio-Vidic-Evra

Hargreaves - Anderson - Nani

Tevez - Rooney

Villa

i would take this team over the ordinary united with ronaldo any day, because we will have som spare cash after that deal ( if there ever will be one )

1 - 20 of 28 Posts