Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if the FA can erase the red card after watching the replay of the incident it occured to me - why shouldn't they erase the goal if it is proved that he was scored illegaly ( ronaldo penalty )....i mean terry's(like evryone else's ) absence influenced the run of play, similar as the goal ilegally scored could have ( well it didn't on saturday because we were eager to score the second).
but imagine if that was chelsea we were playing against ...the goal would have chaned the entire course of the game...they would be behaving similar whether our man was sent off or whether we scored- they'd be attacking us like wasps only because they conceeded the goal,or because our man was sent off ... but why the fa can erase our red card but can't erase the goal ...hypothetical example

·
23,699 Posts
Nobody responded to you so far? Let me break the duck. :D

Well, it is a question for Cappy, our only resident referee member and thus authority on football rules here. ;)

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
That would open a huge can of worms. Plus, what about giving goals that had been wrongly disallowed?

The main reason for rescinding red cards is because players could be unfairly banned from future matches. It does nothing to change the result on the day of the red card.

To retrospectively allow or disallow goals after games had finished would cause chaos. If there had been any dodgy goal decisions during the game fans, players and managers would go home not knowing the result of the game.

I'm all for allowing video technology to help make goal decisions during the game but surely you can not do it after the game has finished when the team it has cost can do nothing about it?

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
reddwarf said:
That would open a huge can of worms. Plus, what about giving goals that had been wrongly disallowed?

The main reason for rescinding red cards is because players could be unfairly banned from future matches. It does nothing to change the result on the day of the red card.

To retrospectively allow or disallow goals after games had finished would cause chaos. If there had been any dodgy goal decisions during the game fans, players and managers would go home not knowing the result of the game.

I'm all for allowing video technology to help make goal decisions during the game but surely you can not do it after the game has finished when the team it has cost can do nothing about it?
yeah i know reddwarf but then time limits for an attack might be introduced...that would urge you to attcak, you couldn't waste time..... but i don't know...i'm not all clear on it
but this explains it - "The main reason for rescinding red cards is because players could be unfairly banned from future matches"

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
No from me

How cruel on a team, deducting goals from them.

What about us last Saturday...score an undeserved penalty BUT we score again
later. It can be argued that we wouldn't have scored....

Can't see this happening at all I'm afraid

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Keano! said:
No from me

How cruel on a team, deducting goals from them.

What about us last Saturday...score an undeserved penalty BUT we score again
later. It can be argued that we wouldn't have scored....

Can't see this happening at all I'm afraid
excactly - then no harm would have been done

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,077 Posts
Leave it how it is,Football is made on bad decisions,if everything was right all the time there would be nothing to discuss.Allowing/Disallowing goals will NEVER happen,it would be ridiculous to control and football would lose that spark of controversy

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
CROoney said:
excactly - then no harm would have been done

Thats not what I mean....

We may not have scored later is what I'm saying. The penalty knocked the
stuffing out of Bolton and we controlled the game after. Who knows WTF would
have happened if we didn't score the penalty or got it. Bolton could have scored
amongst loads of other things...

BTW, what about your 1-0 or 1-1 games? Will never happen mate...

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Actually, this is a very good question and I don't think the FA should be allowed to rescind cards.

The red card influenced the last game and will have an effect on the next game.

If you're going to make refereeing decisions final, then they have to be final.

So if the FA can rescind a red card, which already had an effect on the game past and will have an effect on future fixtures, why not take away a penalty that resulted from a ridiculous decision?

If the FA wants to avoid these valid questions, they should allow video technology.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
the fa should not be allowed to erase any decision because they all lean towards the england captain and far more common sense decisions are blatently pushed aside. however when terrible decisions are made which are plain for us all to see the referee should be punished and if he continues to make blatent mistakes that spoil the game he should be sent into non league football to learn his trade or simply got rid of , some of these refs are in the game for their own fame.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Rooneys_Temper said:
Leave it how it is,Football is made on bad decisions,if everything was right all the time there would be nothing to discuss.Allowing/Disallowing goals will NEVER happen,it would be ridiculous to control and football would lose that spark of controversy
I'm agree with you!

Football is beautifull also for the mistakes and doubts
Here in Italy, journalists, opinionists and supporters talk about : ball in or outside, penalty or not penalty from sunday to saturday...would you like all those people unemployed?! :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts