Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Firstly this isn't a "Let's Buy Him we Need Him!" thread. It's just a thread about him & his hype.

Somewhere to discuss & generally say what we think of him & whether he's as good as they say.

Mainly it's an excuse to finally post up a video I've been sitting on for a while.

I keep meaning to post it but I kept forgetting so here it is at 2:00am & then I'm off.

It's a compilation of all of his touches against Barca in Atletico's epic 4 - 3 win. :specool:

So yeah, watch the vid & share your thought not just about that match but about him in general.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Very god striker.

Good touch, good finishing, good pace

Runs directly at defenders. Helps out the defence.

Has a fighting spirit.

Uses the ball wisely.

Better than Tevez IMO.

Why was his first goal disallowed? Please don't say offside, I will hire assassins to off the linesman.

·
Thank you Sir Alex
5,528 Posts
Whats this got to do with Tevez? :confused::rolleyes:

Aguero is a class act. He will have an awesome career.
I reckon we will see his kid playing top level football within 20 years. ;)
Maybe because they both are very similar in stlye? Tevez was playing like Aguero before he came to England. But now he's lost all his flair and has turned into a workhorse.

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
Aguero IMO has the potential to be as good as Messi. The two of them can go down as all time greats IMO.

He's got everything, bar height.

Pace, drive, determination, technical ability, strength, big game mentality, good finishing.

The world world class gets branded about too much, but this guy WILL be, if he isn't already.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Aguero IMO has the potential to be as good as Messi. .

Wow you rate him that highly? :eek:
Ive seen a lot of Messi but often seem to miss out on the Atletico games.

Do you rate Messi higher than Ronaldo at this poinit in time?

I think Messi will go on to be THE best ever, bar none. (if he stays injury free that is)

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
Wow you rate him that highly? :eek:
Ive seen a lot of Messi but often seem to miss out on the Atletico games.

Do you rate Messi higher than Ronaldo at this poinit in time?

I think Messi will go on to be THE best ever, bar none. (if he stays injury free that is)
I think Ronaldo has the potential to be a great player, if he isn't already, but like you I think Messi will be up there with the Pele's, Maradonna's, Di Stefano's ect. The only worry for Messi is his injury problems, which can ruin anyone's career.

Messi is on another level to Ronaldo IMO.

Aguero I feel will be up there with Messi. Perhaps not quite as good, but certainly they will be 1st and 2nd in the world, providing no knew starlets arrive on the scene.

Argentina are incredibly lucky. Player for player no other team comes close to them IMO.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Yeah the argentines seem to produce loads of quality players messi cambiasso aguero tevez riquelme etc i wish england could do it lol

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Props on the umlaut.

And yes, I think down the line, Aguero and Rooney will be the best supporting strikers in the world, if they aren't already. He's fantastically gifted, great touch, great accurate shot. He needs to work on his right foot, and then he'll have no problems wherever he plays. Atletico sure do turn out the young strikers don't they? At least of late they do.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
He's a fantastic little footballer. He is lightning quick, and can beat a man a pace. A good finisher and plays some excellent through balls. But he's not just a little wimpy dribbler, he has so much grit and fight in him, keeps hounding defenders and because he's so switched on and so quick off the mark, he picks up on any little error they make.

Would be the perfect sort of player that United fans love, the shame is that we already have so many supporting strikers.

I pray Barcelona don't sign him and play him and Messi in the same team. The rest of us might as well give up now if they do!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts