Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Stretford Ender
Joined
·
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aiming death threats at Howard Webb for deservedly giving a penalty during a game is disgusting and needs stamping out of the game.

Like they even had a serious chance of progressing anyway???

Glad to see the Croats ended what seems was a very deluded dream.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
9,929 Posts
Now, we don't want to brand all Polish fans.

Just a select few acted upon a moment of madness.

Hopefully ths won't effect Webb because its a horrible part of football.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,956 Posts
Keano! said:
Now, we don't want to brand all Polish fans.

Just a select few acted upon a moment of madness.

Hopefully ths won't effect Webb because its a horrible part of football.
Very true Keano! ...

I edited the title of the thread accordingly :rolleyes:
 

·
Stretford Ender
Joined
·
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
carlyluvsunited said:
Very true Keano! ...

I edited the title of the thread accordingly :rolleyes:
ok next time english fans are involved in some kind of act of hooliganism, lets all sit back and read the papers as the say 'SMALL MINORITY OF ENGLISH FANS STAIN ENGLISH FOOTBALL'

Minority or majority, it dont really matter. They crossed a line in football that should never be crossed, the one that takes it away from being a game of sport for enjoyment.

We dont need to see Poland in international competitions if this is how their fans act (minority or majority)
 
Z

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
antdevil78 said:
We dont need to see Poland in international competitions if this is how their fans act (minority or majority)
Ridiculous statement!

You can't go punishing a whole nation of football fans
because of the stupid actions of a small number of 'fans'.

IF a handful of England fans caused some trouble and we
were thrown out of a major tournament as a result there
would be riots in the streets. That's if we qualified :rolleyes:
 

·
Stretford Ender
Joined
·
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
-zuco- said:
Ridiculous statement!

You can't go punishing a whole nation of football fans
because of the stupid actions of a small number of 'fans'.

IF a handful of England fans caused some trouble and we
were thrown out of a major tournament as a result there
would be riots in the streets. That's if we qualified :rolleyes:
Why ridiculous statement? I agree it was a minority but that is always the case with all things that happen in world soccer (eg. Leeds Utd fans taunts about Munich, English fans abroad generally and even United fans taunting Liverpool about Hillsborough). All caused by a minority of fans but still discussed as if the majority so why should this be any different.

Polish and East European football (in general) have a more hardcore following of fans who create havoc at all games that may be being played in the vicinity (search on youtube if in doubt). minority but more intensified and sustained than any violence caused by english fans.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
934 Posts
The Polish PM even said he wanted to kill Howard Webb.

I am Polish and I will admit some of the fans are very stupid. Legia Warsaw the biggest team in Poland got banned from European Competitions for 2 years for causing riots.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,814 Posts
They've got one of the worst reputations in Europe now, they're dangerous, on average one person dies a week at a game in Poland from hooligan fighting / stabbing etc
 

·
Stretford Ender
Joined
·
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thank you jerrakos. seems mods have come into a thread not knowing the full facts again and stamped their authority all over the thread

polish football and east european football has more violent fans who take their teams defeats so much more personal.

At united the worst a referee gets is being called a repeated self-sexual abuse offender. cant remember anyone giving out death threats after the Portsmouth Cup game

In East Europe the violence is more planned and extreme
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
antdevil78 said:
thank you jerrakos. seems mods have come into a thread not knowing the full facts again and stamped their authority all over the thread

polish football and east european football has more violent fans who take their teams defeats so much more personal.

At united the worst a referee gets is being called a repeated self-sexual abuse offender. cant remember anyone giving out death threats after the Portsmouth Cup game

In East Europe the violence is more planned and extreme
Couldn't agree more mate.
Poland/Germany game, rioting, running battles, 160 arrests, 3 fans stabbed,
police using batton charges and dogs to try to conrol the situation, bars smashed up, 24 hours of violence, fighting breaking out all over the place.

Big headlines in the media ? I think NOT, 10 second mention on SSN.

.
 
Z

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
antdevil78 said:
thank you jerrakos. seems mods have come into a thread not knowing the full facts again and stamped their authority all over the thread
The opinion I gave was my own and nothing to do with me being a mod.
I simply disagreed with you so I told you exactly that. Mods are allowed
to contribute to threads too you know, we don't just sit here merging
threads and doing other mod stuff. We're members first and foremost
and we do some work here too.
 

·
Stretford Ender
Joined
·
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
-zuco- said:
The opinion I gave was my own and nothing to do with me being a mod.
I simply disagreed with you so I told you exactly that. Mods are allowed
to contribute to threads too you know, we don't just sit here merging
threads and doing other mod stuff. We're members first and foremost
and we do some work here too.
know you are. its the authoritive tone i see. like being told by parents thats how it should be. sorry if interpreted wrong!!!!!
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top