Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dont take much to put our fans to shame but they showed how fans should be.

We were truly embarrasing and I think its a situation that is getting worse not better. Probably down to the regular guys being priced out of going and Mr "middle-class" getting tickets for him and his family.

Old Trafford is renowed for its european nights and its wasnt just the players who didnt turn up tonight

Z

·
0 Posts
To be fair it was a nothing game really. I'm surprised the staium was as full as it was, because the Nou Camp was only 20% full last night. Some credit goes to our fans for turning up at least. It doen't help when it's freezing cold either.

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
and if you wanna believe that then thats fine. do people go to games sit down and then go...oh it really cold..NO!!!! It was the same cold that Aalborg fans were having to deal with.

And comparing our fans to the worst of the rest dont really cut it for me either. You go to a football match to sing, chant, oooh, aaah, swear at the players, swear at the ref. If you dont wanna do that, get sky sports!!!

The noise of the aalborg fans should have spurred on our fans but it didnt. In the end it was like an Aalborg home game.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
coming to old trafford any person will be excited. and this could be the only time that there team will be facing united at old trafford. so they were going to make the best out of it

and they drew which made will keep them happy for life

·
Registered
177 Posts
My dad was priced out last season after being a season ticket holder for 20 years. Do they give a ****? (MUFC).... NO !

I have given up on OT now i would say its 90% full of JLC'S and Day tripper's it is so embarassing what has happend.

I also heared boos at half time, I mean wtf who are these ****s?

S

·
0 Posts
mufc-ok said:
My dad was priced out last season after being a season ticket holder for 20 years. Do they give a ****? (MUFC).... NO !

I have given up on OT now i would say its 90% full of JLC'S and Day tripper's it is so embarassing what has happend.

Know where you are coming from there mate.
Hear the same type of stories day after day, week after week, year after year
and it still hurts to hear every single one.
Was priced out years ago :( get 2 freebies to most games but now give them to my lads to go.

When i first came on this forum i was called scum, traitor, judas, not a real red, never was a united supporter in the first place, and that is just the nice things.
Slowly though more and more are opening their eyes, listening, reading for theirselves, finding facts, and waking up to how things really are.
Even now though you'll still get some who say " shut up complaining, buy a ticket and support your team". Even if that means sitting in silence, taking pics on your phone and listening to your iPod.

Anyway back on topic.

My lad got back from the game a couple of hours ago and he kept going on about
how loud and how well Aalborg fans supportered their team.
Non stop singing, loud as heck and a credit to Denmark. Fair play to them showing how to support a team.

AntDevil you said " I think its a situation that is getting worse not better. Probably down to the regular guys being priced out of going and Mr "middle-class" getting tickets for him and his family".

I remember us not seing eye to eye in the shoutbox long time ago but you hit the nail on the head by saying that above.
Couldn't agree more.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
i had college last night after work so couldnt go. so i paid £35 to sit in college and get a text telling me the score. it is a joke but ya know unfortunatly thats football now. how i look at it is would you believe were not the most expensive team in the league lol. my tax manager has a home chelsea season ticket so can only go to home league games with it and pays a grand a year for that.

as far as the crap home support. well its a shame but if you want to be the biggest club in the world and watch the best players you have to expand your stadium to sell more tickets which means families and foreigners that know nothing about the club and just come as a tourist attraction. its the price we pay.

so take your pick:
some crap support at home games (not all home fans just the tourists and sit down families)

Or

Leeds success

I take the the crap home support and see all the true reds in rome come may :D

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
antdevil78 said:
and its wasnt just the players who didnt turn up tonight
Literally. There were only 4 other people sat in my row last night.

The first time I joined in 'Champions of England. Champions of Europe.' the guy sat in front of me turned round and gave me a funny look. Not sure what his problem was.

I joined in most of the chants coming from both the Stretford and scoreboard end but I'm a bit self-concious about sitting there chanting on my own, unless I'm hammered :D . There were a few lads dotted around trying to start chants and I joined in occasionally but the north stand was generally very, very quiet. I found people sat around me just saying 'Come on United' instead of shouting it out. What's the point in saying it if only the people sat immediately around you can hear it?

As for the Aalborg fans, they were terrific. They were jumping up and down, waving their scarves and singing loud and proud. I was slightly surprised to hear them singing 'You only sing when you're winning' in English!!!

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
mufc-ok said:
That was an absolute disgrace and peed me right off. :mad:

As for day-trippers. I came to the game on the local supporters coach trip from Lancaster. When we stopped off to pick people up at Lancaster University 8 Americans got on who were loudly telling everyone that this was their first United game and how excited they were. The 1 woman in the group was singing 'Glory, glory Man United' and then giggling her head off for the first few minutes. When they got back on the coach they all had bags of stuff they'd bought from the Megastore.

Just one example but I bet there were a lot of 1st-timers and people from overseas who attended the game last night.

·
Registered
31 Posts
All my mates, me brother and me dad all have season tickets in the stretford end but wont be renewing theres next season. Shame really considering they have been season ticket holders for 15 years some longer than that. But when i go to the game with them we stand up 2nd tier stretford end and always sat near us is people and i do mean sat while where stud up singing and chanting United on! and i just wounder? And thats why i think Alborg fans sounded so good last night for me! Why are these people sat down? they cant see the match?

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
couldn't go last night thanks to work, but haven't heard a better away support this season from what i heard on the t.v. amzing fans and good luck to allborg in the future...for a smaller team CLASS CLUB AND CLASS FANS.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Maybe the clubs situation needs an own thread with a sticky where the good and bad can be ventilated about the current situation and where the club is heading towards without having to discuss about Ronaldo or O'Shea for example.

A bit off topic but what Salford Red wrote, here at this forum even it was a few bad words thrown at you for mentioning you don’t like those who have hijacked the club. Hate is a strong word but if I hate anything it’s the American family, our Godfather and…

Back to the topic...
I don’t know what the common culture amongst the av. spectator. Here in the northern Europe the av. ticket buyer is one who pays 'a lot of money' for a product and s/he expects to get pure entertainment. No matter who your team faces they want a win and they want to be entertained.
To exaggerate a bit, they want to see 11 Ronaldo's out there on the pitch and no O'Shea's.
They would like to see the never ending dibble show and of course the home team scoring the goals. Also there’s no interest in understanding the game, the corner stones in what makes a great football team. They don’t care they just wants entertainment and that’s what they pay for. And I can understand how they think but can’t understand why the clubs only interest is ripping off as much money as possible from the visiting crowd.

This is why there’s a clash between what the average Joe don’t understand the passionate fan and vice versa. The passionate one live and die with the club (some say one of just a handful of players) and the other part is there for a 90 minutes fun.

Another factor I think is all the football on TV. When you watch a game on TV you can zap if the game is boring. You got it for “free” and you don’t really put a price on it. When you go to the stadium you get bored quicker because you can’t zap to find another game, one that is more entertaining.
I see that all the time when I go to see our local team here how some could sit and chatter the game away about nonsense and hardly remembers the final score.
When you travel to away games you usually have the passion about the team, you are away from home and often alcohol is involved and that makes you feel an urge to make a mark so that’s why some away fans supports their team so well.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
i was there last night, back of ET2 making as much racket as i could as normal, but everyone sits there looking at you like an idiot.

a lad i SIT next too went a couple of rows up(so he was the back row) and was stood and banging on the back of the stand.
2minutes later the steward came over telling him too sit down and stop banging on the back.

this would annoy me normally but it gets worse.Blackburn in the carling cup(when no one turned up) there was about 50 of us banging on the back of scoreboard but no one batted an eyelid!!!!

on one hand we have the ****ty "fans" that sit there and barely cheer when we score.

on the other we have the stewards who change the rules to suit each game.

its beyond a joke but i TRY and not complain about it because i am in a fortunate position to be a ST holder.
I will go and support the team i love as much as i can, i will make as much noise as i can too!!-----AND IF THE JCL's etc don't like it they can eff off.(or the can tell the stewards on us like against celtic).......but ya get my drift.

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
The best ever atmosphere for match Ive been to was barcelona last season amazing but recently and largely last season the fans were poor the seat I sit in is a stone throw away from the stretford end but in comparison its a morge !!!

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
have sat all over the palce this season , think its ten different locations so far thanks to the ballot and seen every situation and variable mentioned above, sat next to ST holders been going years who havent even clapped their hands once,others juming up and down-same thing with people who only come once or twice. had the steward thing- sit down and shut -up or your out and as burny mentioned next game same area stewards aren';t bothered at all. weirdly this season its actually been the people who have never been or only come now and again or the foreigners who've been up for making noise and standing up etc this year....have sat next to some right sullen ***** who have seaon tickets and have been going years, yet they put as much effort into supporting the lads as i do eating my chips after the match.
so really don't know what's going on anymore to be fair so ain't going to criticize one group or supporters etc anymore.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts