Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 218 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aaron Ramsey

this is from manutd.com

Sir Alex Ferguson has reportedly shown an interest in Cardiff City's Wales U21 international Aaron Ramsey.

The left-sided player's fine performance in Cardiff's FA Cup quarter final victory over Middlesbrough has thrust him into the spotlight.

Despite being just 17, Ramsey has already been linked with a move to the Premier League, with reports suggesting he could be valued at as much as £5million.

There has been no formal contact from United, but Cardiff chairman Peter Ridsdale says Sir Alex has been in touch.

"Sir Alex Ferguson did make a telephone call to our manager, Dave Jones, but that is the only contact of any sort," he told the South Wales Echo.

"It was no more than a call to ask what the youngster is like.

"We know there is strong interest in Aaron among a number of Premiership clubs.

"But nobody has made any sort of offer and we certainly have not agreed anything."

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
£5 million LOL :D

He's a good player for his age and had a few nice touches but no where near worth £5million.

He might develop into a class player, he might not. You can't tell at that age.

Z

·
0 Posts
There was an artcile here in the newsroom about him :rolleyes:

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has
telephoned Cardiff City to show his interest in
young midfielder Aaron Ramsey.

The seventeen year old has helped Cardiff to the
FA Cup semi-finals and Cardiff are now looking to
cash in on the under 21 international, with Everton
and Newcastle United also interested.

Club chairman Peter Ridsdale said:

"Sir Alex Ferguson did make a telephone call to Dave
Jones but that is the only contact of any sort,"

"It was no more than a call to ask what the youngster
is like. We know of course there is strong interest in
Aaron among a number of Premier League clubs but
nobody has made any sort of offer and we certainly
have not agreed anything."

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Not sure but i think ive seen him play for the u-21's cant remember but yeah, any young defenders would be good considering our defence is rather aged.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I'm a Cardiff fan and apparently our hot prospect Aaron Ramsey is going to you for £6million rising to £10 million. Worth the money becuse this kid can play but apparently Sir Alex may loan him back to us for next season. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I have heard of him...liverpoo and everton and newcastle were also interested in him...

what positions can he play? Is he versitle? What sort of player would you compare him too? Does he have what it takes to make it on the big stage? Do you have any links to videos that we can see more of him?

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
i am a utd fan from wales ,who goes to watch cardiff pretty regular due to them being my closest league team.i can confirm that ramsey is a very decent prospect indeed he is not the finished article yet,but he shows great confidence with the ball for one so young and premier football will suit him far better than the more manic championship game.
i honestly believe that this lad will be a very decent player in the premiership within 5 years,i hope utd will sign him he could well be another welsh gem for utd .

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
For those who doesn't know anything about him, he's a 17-year old Welsh footballer who plays as a midfielder for Cardiff City. Here's for a start:

Wikipedia said:
After impressing in an Urdd tournament as a youngster he signed for Cardiff City, who beat off competition from Newcastle United, as a schoolboy at the age of eight working his way through the club's youth system eventually making his Cardiff City debut in the last home game of the 2006-07 Championship season, coming on to replace Paul Parry in the final minute of the 1-0 defeat to Hull City on 28 April 2007. In doing so, Ramsey became the youngest player to ever play for Cardiff City, aged just 16 years and 124 days, beating the previous record holder John Toshack.

In June 2007, Cardiff City turned down a bid of over £1m for Ramsey from a London-based Premier League club. The club has not been named, but it is widely believed that they have continued to watch Ramsey at every available opportunity during the 2007-08 season. Cardiff also turned down a £1m offer, although the deal was to start with a payment of £200,000 and rise depending on his future achievements, from Everton and their Merseyside rivals Liverpool are also watching the youngster.

He made his first league appearance of the 2007/08 season on 6 October when he came on as a late substitute for Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink in the 2-1 home win over Burnley. Ramsey signed his first professional contract in December 2007. On 5 January 2008 Ramsey made his first full professional start for Cardiff in the FA Cup against non-league side Chasetown replacing the suspended Stephen McPhail. An impressive performance from Ramsey saw him head in the second Cardiff goal as they went on to win 3-1. Due to his performance against Chasetown Ramsey was nominated for the Player Of The Round award, eventually losing out to Coventry's Michael Mifsud. He went on to make his first career league start three weeks later in a 3-1 win over Queens Park Rangers and began to establish himself in the first team making several more starts in the Cardiff side.

Following Ramsey's impressive performance in the 2-0 FA Cup quarter-final win over Middlesbrough it was revealed that Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson had talked to Cardiff boss Dave Jones to enquire about Ramsey, joining Arsenal, Newcastle United and Everton in following his progress
A very young player with immense potential & bags of skills, I believe he has what it takes to succeed at the big stage. ;)

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Yeah I've not seen him play but I've heard good things, we arent exactly short of defenders but we could do with another young one to come through as rio is 29 although he could still play for many more years hes that good!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would compare him to Steve Gerrard. Dynamic/Creative midfielder. Also played full-back, Right and left midfield and Attacking Mid Centre. But Sir Alex wont just be takin him cause Dave Jones will only accept a bid at around 5-6 million with future add-ons

1 - 20 of 218 Posts