Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Arsenal Boss Wenger Tells Ramsey To Be Patient

The French manager has told the Welsh whizz-kid he must be patient in his quest for regular Premier League football...

Recently turned 18 years old, Aaron Ramsey is eager to push on with his appearances for the first team thus far and stake a claim for a regular place.

Arsene Wenger though insists he will have to be content with his bench role while he becomes accustomed to the rigours and physicality of the Premier League, and has asked his summer signing from Cardiff to be patient.

"He's still a bit short [of patience]," Wenger told the club's official website.

"He's just 18 and Wilshere is just 17. The Premier League is [the] Premier League and you need to be a man in this League.

"He can play in some games. But if you're asking me if he can play every week, every three days, I don't think he's ready yet. But he shows that he has the quality, that he can do it soon.

"I really think he will be a great player," Wenger concluded.

Upon Ramsey's arrival in north London, goalkeeping coach Bob Wilson spoke of his excitement at a midfield partnership of Fabregas and Ramsey.

In Ramsey's outings for Arsenal thus far he has shown his capability of playing anywhere across the midfield line, can pick a pass from deep and, like Wilshere, is strong on the ball.

Ramsey's past rugby training as a youth could come in handy for tricky away ties in the north of the country and could provide the Gunners with something they have long been criticised for lacking since the departure of Patrick Vieira - mettle.

Does anyone think he will be as big as people were saying. I hope we haven't missed out on something big here. :eek:

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
I've seen him exactly twice and wasn't overly excited on both occasions.

Then again, you read about United fans in Wales, who have watched him regularly and say he's the besting since sliced bread.... ok ok ..they say they've never seen ability like that in a 17 year-old before.... (ahem Ryan Giggs? Wayne Rooney?...)

Back on topic.

No I don't think he will be as good as what they say and I think he'll regret signing for Arsenal.

We and two other clubs made him an offer and he chose Arsenal, but i can't really blame him. Wenger does give his youngsters more playing time....... and if he doesn't want to be successful, that's Ramsey's perogative :D

I think our scouts spotting Gerard Pique, but totally missing out on his team mate Cesc Fabregas is a shocking example of missing out.

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Ramsey is a amazing talent a real class act .

The sad thing about his move to Arsenal was that he went there because Arsene Wenger told him he would play more often than at United .

So it kind works out funny that he isnt playing at Arsenal and the cup that he would of got games in at United were looking like winning.

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
red dave said:
Ramsey is a amazing talent a real class act .

The sad thing about his move to Arsenal was that he went there because Arsene Wenger told him he would play more often than at United .

So it kind works out funny that he isnt playing at Arsenal and the cup that he would of got games in at United were looking like winning.
If we had have bought him he would not have got many games either

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
young players getting a game seems to be a major issue for any major club challenging for honours, but i do think wenger is deluding himself and actually harming his own teams progress.
they really are not title contenders this year so this could be a great season to blood young talent and get them up to speed in the premiership, the downside that precludes him from doing this is of course the villa challenge to their fourth spot. as money and being in europe rule evrerything losing 4th spot would be unthinkable,
if they're not going to play at least loan them out

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
marty davidson said:

I never said he would if you read my post I say wenger promised him more games then us.

What I said was the games he would of played in meaning the carling cup were in the cup that we look like winning !;)

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
If we had signed him, he would have been playing every game because he woulda been loaned back out too Cardiff. Nevermind, even if he turns out to be great, we've still got Great talents in the 2 Serbians we just signed, as well as Anderson who are better...

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
marty davidson said:
Exactly.
He is a class act and will get his chance. I just thought it would happen sooner
cos Arsenal have nowt in the middle of the park, especially with Fabregas' injury.
At United he wouldnt have got a sniff apart from the odd Carling Cup game or sub app.

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
who knows how he'd progress at united. Look at how we've negated andersons attacking instincts since he has joined united and he was an attacking midfielder/creative type of player. When was the last central midfield player of immense technique/creativity united developed...u have to talk of scholes probably. Anderson could be that guy but he needs to be given more license to be brave and try things!

As for Ramsey, not seen much of him but the little i have, he looks a real talent. Could find gaps, could run with it and shoot all at 17-18. C

I have no idea how he'll progress and how good he really is because ive not seen much of him but the little i have was very impressive.

pz!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts