Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wouldn't this be great if it happened. First we hammer them then this. Is the end of the Best team Chelsea ever had?

Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich is considering selling the club, according to The Sunday Times.

The paper claims that representatives of the Russian billionaire have been in Dubai and Saudi Arabia in an attempt to drum up interest over a possible sale.

The Sunday Times even goes as far as to quote a ‘source' of the Chelsea owner as saying, “Abramovich's team have been out in the Middle East sounding out what interest there is in buying the club.â€

Abramovich bought the club in 2003 and his finances have largely been responsible for the club's recent success.

The Blues have claimed two Premier League titles and also reached the final of the Champions League last season.

The Russian brought the club for £60 million, yet is thought to want around £800m for the club, after having invested heavily in his five years as owner.

Abramovich was a committed follower of the blues initially, but his visits to watch the club have become noticeably less frequent recently and he missed last weekend's 3-0 defeat to Manchester United.

These absences, added to the fact that he has reportedly been hit heavily due to the current economic crisis, has all led to speculation that he may be ready to part ways with the West London club.

Chelsea have always rejected suggestions that Abramovich is looking to pull out tof the club, although with his side not the dominant force of old, his reluctance to release funds in the transfer window and his increasing absences at the club on match-days may suggest otherwise.

·
Arse Bandito
1,527 Posts
i don't think it is necessarily such a great thing. they've been tightening their budgets and transfer policy for about a year, but someone may come in and throw money at them, just like abu dhabi. he is losing money every year on chelsea, but to think that he can get £800 million for them is quite laughable. that's the approximate figure which we were bought for by the glazers 3 and a half years ago. chelsea are not even approaching that status.

at the end of the day, he's decided he needs to cut his losses and make back as much as he can. i just hope it lands chelski in greater turmoil, and let that be that really

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
If we look at the facts if Chelsea sell up it is more than likely there going to get another rich Arab .

Which would be horrible because we have finally slowed Chelsea's spending.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
red dave said:
If we look at the facts if Chelsea sell up it is more than likely there going to get another rich Arab .

Exactly.

Somebody much more cash-rich than Roman might buy the club and compete with the Man City owners just forthe laugh of it.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Yeah hopefully, some medioka buyer buys them, i just want everything to go down hill for Chelski, they bore me left right and centre! I always hoped the Roman goes bankrupt, but this is close enough!

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
RedForceRising said:
Exactly.

Somebody much more cash-rich than Roman might buy the club and compete with the Man City owners just forthe laugh of it.
yep, I think this would be the most likely scenario.....please keep Chelski roman!

·
23,699 Posts
If indeed true, could be a combination of both the financial crisis (just see how much oil has come down from which is hurting the oil industries and the related) and himself losing interest in his hobby (after having nothing much to gloat about except for the promising back-to-back EPL swoop under Mourinho).

S

·
0 Posts
Statement today on the clubs website from Roman Abramovich
denies he has ever considered selling Chelsea.

He's also issued a writ against the Times newspaper.

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts
red dave said:

exactly what I was thinking when I heard the news, the fact is I can see it happening, he is obviously losing money, and with the current economic crisis its probable that he is thinking of selling the club. Its also probable that I rich arab will snatch up the club.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts