Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah the title just about gives you the gist of it. Okay there are certain factors that make it a not so bad purchase.

First and foremost they are grabbing him on a freebie. Pennant's contract runs out at the end of the year.

Naturally Liverpool didn't exactly jump to resign him.

However Liverpool have always struck me as similar to Milan in style of play. Control the midfield, slow patient build up.

Kaka does for them what Gerrard does for the Scousers. Create the attacks, not get arrested. :D

Anyhow if Pennant didn't work for Liverpool he won't work for Milan. So why are they taking him on?

Link: http://www.goal.com/en/news/1713/liverpool/2009/01/06/1044439/milan-set-to-announce-pennant-move-reports

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
He got a great agent who showed Galliani a few tube-clips and Milan did the most common mistake to think a few clips tell the story.:D

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
I think Pennant could be a hit in Italy I think the slow play would suit his fast break away style .

You have to look at the likes of Mancini at Inter milan I wouldnt say he was out of this world he is fast on the floor though just like Pennant .

He has played for both Arsenal and Liverpool so he has big club experience and has played in Europe .

If it did happen what a move for the lad his career has took a few twists and turns and in my eyes Rafa has sxxx on him a little .

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
I'm totally confused now. In the past few weeks Pennant has been linked to Real Madrid and now AC Milan. He's rubbish!!! Why are they interested in him? I just don't get it. :confused:

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
actually think pennant might have made it in spain with lacklustre defending and all out attacking and soft referees, but italy??

pennant is a turd on life's big football boot - that's a fact

·
hates City
2,913 Posts
Maybe all top clubs are interested in him because he can be a good sub anywhere and he doesn't cost a penny with his deal nearing end

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Pennant is a bottom 10 club at best. He would be great for a club like Stoke/West Brom's. But Real Madrid and AC Milan ? 2 of the best teams in the world, pfft doubt it.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
I think they looked at some prem players who made it oversees and think Pennant would be one of those who could make it.

PLaying part-time for Liverpool usually means he's not completely useless and the prem is at a faster pace than Serie A, so h might be a handful for osme of the fullbacks there.

Plus he would be a contented squad player behind he stars. Not out of this world really. He wouldn't start, but if injuries mount, he could be useful.

·
Registered
2 Posts
All us Liverpool fans are shocked as well. Most of us had intende to offload him to some struggling side like West Brom or Pompey. Not Real Madrid or Milan! Ramos seemingly is also keen on Zokora...!

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
reddwarf said:
I'm totally confused now. In the past few weeks Pennant has been linked to Real Madrid and now AC Milan. He's rubbish!!! Why are they interested in him? I just don't get it. :confused:
Me neither.

The Real Madrid rumours were bad enough, but Milan now? :confused: :rolleyes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts