Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
MUT all-time great
Joined
·
21,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Emmanuel Adebayor is happy to remain part of the Arsenal 'family' and insists the Gunners can achieve something special next season.

The 24-year-old, who smashed 30 goals last season, had been sending out mixed messages over his future during the summer, with AC Milan and Barcelona both showing more than a passing interest in the £35million-rated striker.

However, Adebayor - plucked from Monaco in January 2006 - last night dismissed all the rumours as pure conjecture and confirmed he would be staying with the Gunners, having agreed to sign a new contract extension.

Adebayor, though, is not resting on his laurels.

'When I was on holiday I never went on to the internet, I never read the newspapers, so to be honest I was with my family so my phone was off, so I didn't know what was happening,' he said.

'When I came back I realised what was happening - but, you know, the thing has happened already so now the most important thing is behind me and I will show everyone this club has given me a lot of things.

'Now I can tell everyone that yes, I will sign a contract.

'I have four more years' contract. I am very happy that we have found a solution to stay here and my heart is with Arsenal.

'All I have to do is play my football and I know the fans always love me, so there is no reason to not love me anymore because I am still here.

'Now we have to work hard together as a family and to deliver better than what we did last season.'

Adebayor - who is expected to feature for Arsenal against Juventus in the Emirates Cup this afternoon - has his sights set high.

He added: 'What we hope to achieve is the title and the Champions League.

'It is true we are young - but we know that if we put our hearts together and we work as a family we can achieve something.'

The move will have come as welcome news to manager Arsene Wenger, who certainly could have done without another player leaving the club after seeing Mathieu Flamini, Alexander Hleb and Gilberto depart.

Yet despite adding 21-year-old France playmaker Samir Nasri, Welsh teenager Aaron Ramsey and Portugal Under-21 midfielder Amaury Bischoff, the Arsenal manager concedes he would prefer to bring in another 'experienced' body before the transfer deadline at the end of the month.

However, whether or not that will be Aston Villa's unsettled captain Gareth Barry - rated at £18million and also a summer-long target for Liverpool - remains to be seen, with the midlands club now insisting he is staying put.

'I don't think that the best tactic is to come out with names,' said Wenger, when asked if he was set to make an 11th-hour swoop for Barry.

'If we can do one more signing we will do, it but it will need to be quality.'

Am I the only one who believes he's out the door ASAP?
 

·
MUT all-time great
Joined
·
21,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
abojodeh said:
he will stay :(
i wish we sign him
He already demanded Arsenal to triple his salary, so as soon as his contract is up, and Arsenal refuse to do that, you really think he'll take less money?
 

·
MUT all-time great
Joined
·
21,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
abojodeh said:
i remember in 06/07 we were rumored that we want to sign him
With our class around him, he'd probably score at least 30 in the league. But if we had him, my favorite chant would be ruined (the one about his dad washing elephants)
 

·
Proto-Hipster
Joined
·
46,959 Posts
piazza said:
With our class around him, he'd probably score at least 30 in the league. But if we had him, my favorite chant would be ruined (the one about his dad washing elephants)
lmao :p
adebayor would be better than berbatov for us
he already have scored 30 goal in the EPL
 

·
MUT all-time great
Joined
·
21,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
abojodeh said:
lmao :p
adebayor would be better than berbatov for us
he already have scored 30 goal in the EPL
Ade and Torres are probably the best finishers in the EPL but Berba isn't too far behind IMO, another guy I'd like to see us sign is Yakubu.
 

·
Proto-Hipster
Joined
·
46,959 Posts
piazza said:
Ade and Torres are probably the best finishers in the EPL but Berba isn't too far behind IMO, another guy I'd like to see us sign is Yakubu.
torres aint that good
he dont score versus good teams
just some goals versus good teams (chel$ki , everton , inter)
yakubu is class but i dont think we will sign him
berbatov cant be a top goalscorer
 

·
MUT all-time great
Joined
·
21,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
abojodeh said:
torres aint that good
he dont score versus good teams
just some goals versus good teams (chel$ki , everton , inter)
yakubu is class but i dont think we will sign him
berbatov cant be a top goalscorer
The thing about Torres is, to me it seems that if the system isn't PERFECTLY conducive to his playing style, he just seems to shut off i.e. every game in the Euros up until the final.
 

·
Proto-Hipster
Joined
·
46,959 Posts
piazza said:
The thing about Torres is, to me it seems that if the system isn't PERFECTLY conducive to his playing style, he just seems to shut off i.e. every game in the Euros up until the final.
yeah good point here about torres
he also plays better as a lone striker
 

·
MUT all-time great
Joined
·
21,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
abojodeh said:
yeah good point here about torres
he also plays better as a lone striker
Which is why I think Liverpool signing Keane means nothing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,615 Posts
Adebayor's heart is With Are? :rolleyes:

1 month ago was all that Transfer Rumours Saga about him and Now His heart is belonged to Arse....
 

·
MUT all-time great
Joined
·
21,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Lucky7 said:
Adebayor's heart is With Are? :rolleyes:

1 month ago was all that Transfer Rumours Saga about him and Now His heart is belonged to Are....
What his heart belongs to:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,534 Posts
money money money...thats also where his heart lies.may be arsenal through and through but it's defo the smell of pound notes keeping him there.well just my opinion.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
83 Posts
Lucky7 said:
Adebayor's heart is With Are? :rolleyes:

1 month ago was all that Transfer Rumours Saga about him and Now His heart is belonged to Arse....

he told in an interview to sky sports that he was in togo for his holidays and did not had internet nor newspaper to know what was speculated about him!!!!!:confused:

And now he will be signing a contract which will double his wages as speculated in newspapers!!!!
Quite funny ya!!!! :D

Whats next Ronaldo coming to say that he was in L.A and did not know what was speculated about his future !!!!!:rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
427 Posts
2OLEGEND said:
he told in an interview to sky sports that he was in togo for his holidays and did not had internet nor newspaper to know what was speculated about him!!!!!:confused:

And now he will be signing a contract which will double his wages as speculated in newspapers!!!!
Quite funny ya!!!! :D

Whats next Ronaldo coming to say that he was in L.A and did not know what was speculated about his future !!!!!:rolleyes:

I can't wait to read that gossip from goal.com!!! :rolleyes:

But it would be great if it was true... "But only god knows"
 

·
He wipes front to back
Joined
·
27,655 Posts
adebayors shameless bit of badge kissing in the emirates tournie summed up the modern footballer to perfection . if you can fake sincerity you have got it made
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top